2006 MLB All-Star Game (and Voting)

Postby MoreCowbell » 12 Jul 2006, 07:42

Theny wrote:
MoreCowbell wrote:Ok..... I am NOT saying Trot should be an All Star!! I'll try this again. What if Thome decided not to go to the game, because of a nagging injury that we didnt know about? Don't you think he'd get the benefit of the doubt when his team says he is missing the game due to an injury. Do you think any national broadcaster would outright ACCUSE him of faking it? It's ridiculous.

Thome's a more personable guy than Manny though, it's as simple as that. Why do you think everyone hates Barry Bonds?

This isnt about hating. Its about so-called professionals calling him out about "faking" an injury. And you really think Manny is an asshole like Bonds? What the hell are you watching? He's always smiling and giving the fans the double point. Weirdo.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby sportsdorkhater » 12 Jul 2006, 07:42

Theny wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:Thanks for making me go to baseballreference.com this morning so I could see that All-Star worthy .275/13/67 line Trot put up in 2005! Look, I'm not saying he's a bad player, I actually like him a lot as a ballplayer, I'm just saying his stats are never all-star worthy.

I'm actually surprised he didn't make the All Star team, those stats are better than Varitek's, aren't they? :D

you do realize that Varitek wasnt on the team, right?
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby kaskomm09 » 12 Jul 2006, 07:45

Tiff, you used Trot Nixon is an ASG reference, then you defended this, telling me to go look at his last year's stats. I was simply following your instructions.

The whole reason the Manny thing is an issue is because he has done it twice similarly in the past. It's not a race thing. Jose Contreras was scratched from the roster. He's of ethnicity. But there's a reason behind his excuse -- he threw Sunday and will be throwing Friday and wouldn't be available. Bottom line is that it's Manny's history with skipping out that is causing the commotion, not the color of his skin.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby MoreCowbell » 12 Jul 2006, 07:47

kaskomm09 wrote:Tiff, you used Trot Nixon is an ASG reference, then you defended this, telling me to go look at his last year's stats. I was simply following your instructions.

I said nothing about last year's stats. He didnt have a particularly stellar year last year.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 12 Jul 2006, 07:47

MoreCowbell wrote:
Theny wrote:
MoreCowbell wrote:Ok..... I am NOT saying Trot should be an All Star!! I'll try this again. What if Thome decided not to go to the game, because of a nagging injury that we didnt know about? Don't you think he'd get the benefit of the doubt when his team says he is missing the game due to an injury. Do you think any national broadcaster would outright ACCUSE him of faking it? It's ridiculous.

Thome's a more personable guy than Manny though, it's as simple as that. Why do you think everyone hates Barry Bonds?

This isnt about hating. Its about so-called professionals calling him out about "faking" an injury. And you really think Manny is an asshole like Bonds? What the hell are you watching? He's always smiling and giving the fans the double point. Weirdo.

I'm not saying he's an asshole like Bonds, but as a casual AL watcher, I can't remember the last time I heard Manny's voice. It doesn't seem like he's very media friendly, which might have something to do with it. That, or McCarver hates blacks. It's a tossup.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Re: 2006 MLB All-Star Game (and Voting)

Postby Briandong79 » 01 Dec 2016, 09:21

The All Star Game won't determine World Series home field advantage any more. Team with best record gets 1, 2, 6 & 7. Weird that baseball has never done that method in its history.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Dec 2016, 11:13

Briandong79 wrote:The All Star Game won't determine World Series home field advantage any more. Team with best record gets 1, 2, 6 & 7. Weird that baseball has never done that method in its history.

Luckily for you that it worked out that the AL had home field for your AL-type team to take advantage of this past season. No way the Cubs win if they had home field and Schawrber the Magnificent on the bench for 4 games.

In conclusion, Bogus Championship.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby TVF wannabe » 01 Dec 2016, 12:05

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The All Star Game won't determine World Series home field advantage any more. Team with best record gets 1, 2, 6 & 7. Weird that baseball has never done that method in its history.

Luckily for you that it worked out that the AL had home field for your AL-type team to take advantage of this past season. No way the Cubs win if they had home field and Schawrber the Magnificent on the bench for 4 games.

I agree that 4 games with Schwarber and not being at home when Chapman gave up the homerun helped a lot.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby mj3528 » 01 Dec 2016, 12:12

TVF wannabe wrote:

I agree that 4 games with Schwarber and not being at home when Chapman gave up the homerun helped a lot.

not having either Napoli or Santana in the line up in Chicago, or having Santana play a few innings of outfield, hurt the Indians more than having Schwarber out of the line up for the Cubs.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 Dec 2016, 12:17

mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

not having either Napoli or Santana in the line up in Chicago, or having Santana play a few innings of outfield, hurt the Indians more than having Schwarber out of the line up for the Cubs.

Will #tpt #theny #torture be re-signing Napoli? I'll hang up and stick needles into my eyes listen.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 01 Dec 2016, 12:22

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

Will #tpt #theny #torture be re-signing Napoli? I'll hang up and stick needles into my eyes listen.

Napoli wants to stay with the Indians and the Indians want to re-sign him but I think the Indians are rightfully concerned about his ability to stay healthy and how long he can continue to be productive. He had a very rough end of the season and post season. So if his agent can find a team that can give him 3 years at 12 million per or over he is gone. If that is not on the market, I can see the Tribe going 2 years at 10 million per, with a club option for a 3rd. I would be comfortable with that.

It is baseball so those numbers may be low as his qualifying offer was over $17 million which the Indians did not make.

So I guess we will see. #tpt, #theny, #rallytogether
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Previous

Return to MLB