2006 MLB All-Star Game (and Voting)

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jul 2006, 20:01

PhillyJim76 wrote:Can someone please give Chris Berman throat cancer? He's fucking terrible and there's nothing gayer than these guys fawning all over the HR Derby contestants. BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK....Shut the fuck up Berman.

That's exactly why the HR Derby is his worst thing, b\c there's nothing worse than the BACK BACK BACK call. I wish they'd just let Karl Ravech do the whole thing.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby PhillyJim76 » 10 Jul 2006, 20:03

Briandean79 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:Can someone please give Chris Berman throat cancer? He's fucking terrible and there's nothing gayer than these guys fawning all over the HR Derby contestants. BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK....Shut the fuck up Berman.

That's exactly why the HR Derby is his worst thing, b\c there's nothing worse than the BACK BACK BACK call. I wish they'd just let Karl Ravech do the whole thing.

Then they put my boy Howard on after "Big Papi", so I have to listen to verbal blow jobs from that announcing crew.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Jul 2006, 20:04

Berman at the home run derby=Dick Vitale at a Dook-UNC game at Cameron.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Jul 2006, 20:16

JichaelDick wrote:Berman at the home run derby=Dick Vitale at a Dook-UNC game at Cameron.

I know......Its great!!!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby PhillyJim76 » 10 Jul 2006, 20:19

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Berman at the home run derby=Dick Vitale at a Dook-UNC game at Cameron.

I know......Its great!!!

Berman is horrible. Just horrible. Ortiz!!!! PAPI!!!!! ORTIZ!!!!!!
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 10 Jul 2006, 20:24

PhillyJim76 wrote:

I know......Its great!!!

His horrible-ness applies to all play-by-play that Berman does, in my opinion. He should be kept in the studio at all times, but, at this point, he's the giant fish in the relatively little pond, and he does what he wants.

Right, Leather?
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby PhillyJim76 » 10 Jul 2006, 20:26

Montecore's Revenge wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:

I know......Its great!!!

His horrible-ness applies to all play-by-play that Berman does, in my opinion. He should be kept in the studio at all times, but, at this point, he's the giant fish in the relatively little pond, and he does what he wants.

Right, Leather?

He thinks he's the actual show, more so than what he's covering. Kind of like Michael Cole on Smackdown.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Jul 2006, 20:30

Berman is a tad annoying. I do like Vitale though. He's great. He makes a game an event.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Bleacher Creature » 10 Jul 2006, 20:30

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Berman is a tad annoying. I do like Vitale though. He's great. He makes a game an event.

A tad?
[Sun 15:41] Frank the Tank: J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Jul 2006, 20:33

Bleacher Creature wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Berman is a tad annoying. I do like Vitale though. He's great. He makes a game an event.

A tad?

I dont know. I dont like him that much, but he doesnt bother me as much as he bothers you all, I guess. Who would you prefer to do the HR derby? KARL RAVECH?!?! STEVE LEVY?!?!? Gary Thorne? (maybe him).

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 10 Jul 2006, 20:39

PhillyJim76 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:

I know......Its great!!!

Right, Leather?

He thinks he's the actual show, more so than what he's covering. Kind of like Michael Cole on Smackdown.

Or John Sterling.

If I could pick anybody to do the Derby other than Thorne (nice call there, BSMB), I'd take the TNT guys minus Magic. They're quite entertaining during the dunk contest (Kenny Smith in particular), can't see why it wouldn't work for the home run derby.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby PhillyJim76 » 10 Jul 2006, 20:40

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:

I know......Its great!!!

Right, Leather?

Or John Sterling.

If I could pick anybody to do the Derby other than Thorne (nice call there, BSMB), I'd take the TNT guys minus Magic. They're quite entertaining during the dunk contest (Kenny Smith in particular), can't see why it wouldn't work for the home run derby.

I would pick Dontrelle Willis, Nelly and Dave Chappelle..correction, Vince Vaughn and Shaq.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 10 Jul 2006, 21:36

My biggest problem with the Home Run Derby is the fact that it takes three hours to crown a champion from a field of eight guys.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby PhillyJim76 » 10 Jul 2006, 21:39

Montecore's Revenge wrote:My biggest problem with the Home Run Derby is the fact that it takes three hours to crown a champion from a field of eight guys.

i actually am pissed because i was looking forward to the celebrity softball game.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby God Shamgod » 10 Jul 2006, 22:13

How is the greatest all star game moment of our lifetime not on YouTube?

I am of course referring to Tommy LaSorda getting hit by a flying bat.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

PreviousNext

Return to MLB