The San Francisco BASEBALL Giants

The San Francisco BASEBALL Giants

Postby Fletch » 09 Jun 2006, 10:57

Ok, it's high time I started this, what with all the demand for a Giants thread. I mean, all 1000 of the west coast posters on here were clamoring for it. What's that? There's only 3 west coasters? Aw, f*ck it.

So I've been a terrible baseball fan lately. I try to keep up, I check the box scores in the paper every day and all, but I friggin' never see a Giants game (I will probably never buy the baseball package on DirecTv - the NFL's got me, MLB does not.) and never read much on them in the local paper unless it pertains to the Diamondcrackers. For shame.

Anyhoo, I can't friggin' believe the Giants are 32-28. They have 1 decent pitcher, 15 total stolen bases and I think Poo Holes has more home runs than the whole team. Moises was playing well, but (shocker!) he got injured. I think their outfield's combined age is 654516887423104560 (thanks JD).

I guess I'm happy that they're competitive. I have no idea how Felipe is doing it. It must be easy to manage in San Francisco or something...
Last edited by Fletch on 08 Jul 2010, 00:11, edited 3 times in total.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby ONTB » 09 Jun 2006, 11:05

Alou has been a big time offensive force when in the line-up. Bonds, while not close to what he was, is still one of the top hitters in the NL-- the guy is on base all the time. And Vizquel has picked up his offensive effort as well.

They are 8th in runs scored-- middle of the pack. 9th in ERA-- middle of the pack. They are over .500 because they are 18 - 8 in close ball games.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Re: Barry's Best Friends - The Official SF Giants Thread

Postby Win Remmerswaal » 09 Jun 2006, 11:23

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:Ok, it's high time I started this, what with all the demand for a Giants thread. I mean, all 1000 of the west coast posters on here were clamoring for it. What's that? There's only 3 west coasters? Aw, f*ck it.

So I've been a terrible baseball fan lately. I try to keep up, I check the box scores in the paper every day and all, but I friggin' never see a Giants game (I will probably never buy the baseball package on DirecTv - the NFL's got me, MLB does not.) and never read much on them in the local paper unless it pertains to the Diamondcrackers. For shame.

Anyhoo, I can't friggin' believe the Giants are 32-28. They have 1 decent pitcher, 15 total stolen bases and I think Poo Holes has more home runs than the whole team. Moises was playing well, but (shocker!) he got injured. I think their outfield's combined age is 654516887423104560 (thanks JD).

I guess I'm happy that they're competitive. I have no idea how Felipe is doing it. It must be easy to manage in San Francisco or something...

Gotta be honest - I don't care about the Giants - although I think that while Bonds is an assbag, he has cheated no more than 75% of the players out there.

I just wanted a chance to say "I love this shape" - my favorite part of Fletch. Don't tell me my business son
"May I moo moo dogface in the banana patch?"
Win Remmerswaal
PrettyWhorey

Postby Fletch » 12 Jun 2006, 12:51

The Giants dropped 3 in a row....at home...to the friggin' Pirates. Is this supposed to be some kind of revenge for Barry's misgivings? Pathetic.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Jun 2006, 14:31

Game of Shadows is a great book. Makes you think everyone is on something.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby PhillyJim76 » 12 Jun 2006, 17:06

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Game of Shadows is a great book. Makes you think everyone is on something.

The funny thing is, Canseco is going to turn out to be right on all of this. I love how baseball suspends Grimsley for 50 games. For what? Didn't Giambi admit to the grand jury everything he took? Yet...nothing.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby nova » 13 Jun 2006, 08:04

PhillyJim76 wrote:I love how baseball suspends Grimsley for 50 games. For what? Didn't Giambi admit to the grand jury everything he took? Yet...nothing.

If this were 24, there would armed men taking out Jason Grimsley just as he's about to tell Jack Bauer something
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby PhillyJim76 » 13 Jun 2006, 19:08

nasty nova wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:I love how baseball suspends Grimsley for 50 games. For what? Didn't Giambi admit to the grand jury everything he took? Yet...nothing.

If this were 24, there would armed men taking out Jason Grimsley just as he's about to tell Jack Bauer something

I know, Selig is too much of a pussy to handle this the right way.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 13 Jun 2006, 19:10

PhillyJim76 wrote:
nasty nova wrote:

I know, Selig is too much of a pussy to handle this the right way.

They also just suspended Strawberry and Gooden.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Fletch » 13 Jun 2006, 19:25

Goddamn it, stop injecting my Giants thread with all this steroid/HGH talk. You're tainting it's unblemished record.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 13 Jun 2006, 19:30

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:Goddamn it, stop injecting my Giants thread with all this steroid/HGH talk. You're tainting it's unblemished record.

Fletch, I believe that your role in this play is to overlook the injection of steroid talk so that when you are later questioned about it, you can say that you never knowingly engaged in any of it.
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Fletch » 13 Jun 2006, 19:31

Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:
Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:Goddamn it, stop injecting my Giants thread with all this steroid/HGH talk. You're tainting it's unblemished record.

Fletch, I believe that your role in this play is to overlook the injection of steroid talk so that when you are later questioned about it, you can say that you never knowingly engaged in any of it.

I'm in the "clear"!

Wow...puns are fun.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 13 Jun 2006, 19:34

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:

I'm in the "clear"!

Wow...puns are fun.

you really "creamed" that one

What's that? Puns not so much fun anymore? Gotcha.
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Fletch » 31 Jul 2006, 09:53

Losers of 7 straight, and swept by the lowly Pirates.

Good god, I can't wait until Barry and his $20 million salary go away. Because if the Giants can still hover around .500 with Bonds providing almost nothing (except ticket sales) with that contract, I cna only imagine what they might be able to do with all that money being spent on, you know, players that are still good and/or can play every day.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Fletch » 29 Aug 2006, 10:30

Wow. 65-66. Smoke and mirrors, baby. Smoke and mirrors.

As much as I want the Giants to take the division or wild card, a small part of me would be happier to see the Marlins take it. No payroll, rookie manager, rookie players - they're BSMB's wet dream (aside from Jamie).
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Next

Return to MLB