The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Re: The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 17 Nov 2008, 10:47

EDIT: Oddly enough, I ran into Sox pitching coach Don Cooper in line at the deli at lunch today. First time that's ever happened, despite him seeming to be a regular there, and me going multiple times a week.

don't you live in wrigleyville? strange....

eta:

kaskomm09 wrote:I'll assume Swish stuck his dick in someone he shouldn't have.

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby kaskomm09 » 17 Nov 2008, 14:46

Untouchable wrote:
EDIT: Oddly enough, I ran into Sox pitching coach Don Cooper in line at the deli at lunch today. First time that's ever happened, despite him seeming to be a regular there, and me going multiple times a week.

don't you live in wrigleyville? strange....

Correct. That was Friday though and I work in the Loop. Based on the fact the people at the market/deli seemed to know him, I'd assume Cooper lives somewhere down there in a high-rise along the Lake or something.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Tennman » 07 Apr 2009, 12:44

LOL....Introducing Your Chicago White Cocks
"It's rollin' baby. It's rollin'."
Tennman
Hope College Alum

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Apr 2009, 13:09

Tennman wrote:.....Introducing Your Chicago White Cocks

That would explain why they have trouble keeping up their performance for a whole season.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 28 Jul 2009, 22:55

To paraphrase Big Daddy Kane, I'm not saying Mark Buehrle's the best, I'm just saying he's fuckin incredible.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Jul 2009, 23:00

But the Twins still own him...at the Metrodome.

The Twins should just schedule the 9 home games against the White Sox at the Metrodome next season
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby kaskomm09 » 29 Jul 2009, 10:35

JichaelDick wrote:But the Twins still own him...at the Metrodome.

The Twins should just schedule the 9 home games against the White Sox at the Metrodome next season

God I can't wait for the new stadium. It's fucking Murphy's Law in the dome for us.
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JichaelDick » 29 Jul 2009, 21:54

JichaelDick wrote:The Twins should just schedule the 9 home games against the White Sox at the Metrodome next season

Yeah, let's just do that.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby kaskomm09 » 31 Jul 2009, 16:27

Oh Kenny... how you always have something up your sleeve! I loved the 'wait until everyone thinks the deadline has passed and then throw in your move' manuever. Clever.

Anyway... I think now pretty much what I thought then of the deal. A gigantic 'meh' with lots of pros and cons.

Pros:
- I'm not real concerned with the haul the Pads took from the deal. Poreda is the main piece, but supposedly doesn't have much besides his plus-fastball and therefore may be better suited in a bullpen role and thus not too valuable a prospect. Richard is decent, but he's a #4 or #5 starter. He's a solid middle piece for the Padres to acquire though. Adam Russell is atrocious. He's terrible. The other schmuck I've never even heard of.
- The rotation of Peavy/Buehrle/Danks/Floyd is a pretty awesome 1-4 at this point and is set in stone for years to come. Floyd and Danks are still pre-arbitration, Buehrle is through 2011 and Peavy through 2012 (with a 2013 club option)

Cons:
- Peavy's contract. The Sox aren't a team that can really afford to chew up an albatross of a contract (like NYY, BOS, LAA, etc) and still compete. Peavy is set to make $48M on the next 3 years or $70M over 4 if the option is picked up (please God, no). Which leads me to my next point...
- Peavy is grossly overpaid. Sure, face value his numbers are fine for the Padres, but toss in that (a) he's not a ground ball pitcher who (b) has outrageous career home-road splits and is (c) moving from the top pitchers park in the league to a top-5-ish hitters park. Top it off with the move from the NL to the AL and some a checkered injury history and I'm less than sold on him.

We will see, we will see...
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 11 Aug 2009, 08:28

Goddamn the fucking White Sox. Every fucking year they should be dead in the water, and every fucking year they Won't Die. How have Konerko and Thome not gone to pasture yet? How does that rotation do it? Jose Contreas is a pinko, commie spy. That bullpen is flammable. Beckham is the real deal though, and Peavy should dominate the shitty division, and now they got Alex Rios for pinto beans! PINTO! BEANS! Dude might not be playing up to his potential, but - I can say batting average, right? like, ontb's not gonna get pissed because I'm using a worthless stat, right? no? OPS, eh? - he can still get like a .850ops with 20 dingers and 40 steals. Should be the centerfielder right away. I hate the White Sox.

Side note: I came to the conclusion the other day that Jermaine Dye is the most underrated player of this decade. I'm probably wrong. Sticking to it, though.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 11 Aug 2009, 08:30

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Goddamn the fucking White Sox. Every fucking year they should be dead in the water, and every fucking year they Won't Die. How have Konerko and Thome not gone to pasture yet? How does that rotation do it? Jose Contreas is a pinko, commie spy. That bullpen is flammable. Beckham is the real deal though, and Peavy should dominate the shitty division, and now they got Alex Rios for pinto beans! PINTO! BEANS! Dude might not be playing up to his potential, but - I can say batting average, right? like, ontb's not gonna get pissed because I'm using a worthless stat, right? no? OPS, eh? - he can still get like a .850ops with 20 dingers and 40 steals. Should be the centerfielder right away. I hate the White Sox.

Side note: I came to the conclusion the other day that Jermaine Dye is the most underrated player of this decade. I'm probably wrong. Sticking to it, though.

I miss the good old days when the Twins, whether it was at the Dome or Comiskey (or the Cell), when it mattered, would beat them. Every single time. Kenny Williams took a lot of flak in Moneyball, but he really has done a nice job with that team. I don't trust Peavy, though. Not one iota.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 11 Aug 2009, 08:46

JichaelDick wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Goddamn the fucking White Sox. Every fucking year they should be dead in the water, and every fucking year they Won't Die. How have Konerko and Thome not gone to pasture yet? How does that rotation do it? Jose Contreas is a pinko, commie spy. That bullpen is flammable. Beckham is the real deal though, and Peavy should dominate the shitty division, and now they got Alex Rios for pinto beans! PINTO! BEANS! Dude might not be playing up to his potential, but - I can say batting average, right? like, ontb's not gonna get pissed because I'm using a worthless stat, right? no? OPS, eh? - he can still get like a .850ops with 20 dingers and 40 steals. Should be the centerfielder right away. I hate the White Sox.

I miss the good old days when the Twins, whether it was at the Dome or Comiskey (or the Cell), when it mattered, would beat them. Every single time. Kenny Williams took a lot of flak in Moneyball, but he really has done a nice job with that team. I don't trust Peavy, though. Not one iota.

I think he'll be pretty good in the AL, but not the cheat code he was a couple years ago. A more dependable AJ Burnett....wow, what a seemingly terrible compliment.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby kaskomm09 » 17 Aug 2009, 11:44

I could say the same thing about the early-to-mid 2000s Twinkies. The Sox were considered better on paper seemingly every one of those year and the Twinks would just keep hanging around, eventually winning the division -- usually on the strength of like a 12-6 head-to-head record.

With regards to Rios, I feel the same way about him as I do Peavy. Like the move (obviously they gave up nothing for him), but time will tell if he's worth the money. Thusfar, he's been almost exactly worth his pay, when you factor in his defensive prowess, according to most sabermetric tools. From what I've always gathered, he tends to be one of those all-the-talent, doesn't give a shit types, so maybe the move knocks him back into 2006/2007 gear. I'm interested to see what he can give out in center and am excited for the flexibility he provides both for this year (just in depth) and next (flexibility to make decisions on option players and positionally structure the team).
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Sep 2011, 20:40

This thread title is now outdated.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 26 Sep 2011, 21:11

Did the Marlins get him?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

PreviousNext

Return to MLB