The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Re: The White Sox - irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby jeff from temps » 13 Jun 2008, 15:06

Durden wrote:so Jerry Manuel appears to be the favorite to replace Willie, if/WHEN he gets fired. what'd you guys think of Manuel when he managed the White Sox?


That he was a hell of a lot better than Terry "I'm going to the mound to bring in the reliever I forgot to have warm up" Bevington.
User avatar
jeff from temps
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 17 Mar 2007, 12:29
Location: The Winchester.

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby kaskomm09 » 30 Sep 2008, 15:42

I'm bringing this (positive) Sox thread back, under a slightly altered title. I'm stoked. Big game with the Twins in our house and Blackburn on the hill.

Fuck off JD with your bitching of the Sox. It's not their fault the Twins couldn't pass a team hobbling to the gates and missing the AL MVP (Mauer/Morneau can thank Carlos for even being in consideration at this point). I'll be there and I expect a win.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 30 Sep 2008, 15:57

kaskomm09 wrote:I'm bringing this (positive) Sox thread back, under a slightly altered title. I'm stoked. Big game with the Twins in our house and Blackburn on the hill.

Fuck off JD with your bitching of the Sox. It's not their fault the Twins couldn't pass a team hobbling to the gates and missing the AL MVP (Mauer/Morneau can thank Carlos for even being in consideration at this point). I'll be there and I expect a win.


i want the white sox to win, i'm still holding out hope for an all-chicago world series. any idea if the game is sold out?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Sep 2008, 16:07

kaskomm09 wrote:I'm bringing this (positive) Sox thread back, under a slightly altered title. I'm stoked. Big game with the Twins in our house and Blackburn on the hill.

Fuck off JD with your bitching of the Sox. It's not their fault the Twins couldn't pass a team hobbling to the gates and missing the AL MVP (Mauer/Morneau can thank Carlos for even being in consideration at this point). I'll be there and I expect a win.


Damn it, I was at least expecting a fuck off for picking the ChiSox to win tonight, what with my predicting prowess and all.

If you bothered to read the whole thing, I also said fuck the Twins. It's their own damn fault if they don't win the division.

And, as we all know, blackouts are wonderful, wonderful things...
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25487
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby kaskomm09 » 30 Sep 2008, 16:37

Untouchable wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:I'm bringing this (positive) Sox thread back, under a slightly altered title. I'm stoked. Big game with the Twins in our house and Blackburn on the hill.

Fuck off JD with your bitching of the Sox. It's not their fault the Twins couldn't pass a team hobbling to the gates and missing the AL MVP (Mauer/Morneau can thank Carlos for even being in consideration at this point). I'll be there and I expect a win.


i want the white sox to win, i'm still holding out hope for an all-chicago world series. any idea if the game is sold out?


Sold out in an hour (though tickets weren't too hard, IMO, I got good seats)... I heard they were selling OF concourse standing room only tix for $45 this afternoon.

EDIT: JD, yeah I know what you said. I read most of it. Whichever team loses doesn't really have any right to complain. You won't see it from me. Good luck tonight.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Sep 2008, 17:00

I know you don't mean the good luck (nor would I, even if I said it), but you're absolutely right. The Twins shoulda wrapped it up 100 times by now, and so should the White Sox

If y'all win, I wouldn't mind seeing you guys win it again. The Central could damn sure use it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25487
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Sep 2008, 21:02

Congrats to Jim Thome, Ken Griffey, Paul Konerko, John Danks, and the 2008 AL Central Champion White Sox.

Kasko, Danks was a beast. No other way to put it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25487
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby kaskomm09 » 01 Oct 2008, 09:01

JichaelDick wrote:Congrats to Jim Thome, Ken Griffey, Paul Konerko, John Danks, and the 2008 AL Central Champion White Sox.

Kasko, Danks was a beast. No other way to put it.


Thanks. Danks threw as well as I've seen him and Blackburn was surprisingly very efficient as well. It's a shame one of the two starters had to be on the hook for the L. I was very pessimistic about this team heading into the year (as well as for the future) but the trades KW has made to acquire young talent (Freddy Garcia for Floyd and Gio Gonzalez, Brandon McCarthy for Danks, Cris Carter for Carlos Quentin, Joe Borchard for Matt Thornton back in 2006) and the surprising development of some other young players (Alexei Ramirez) have things looking pretty bright.

I like the odds against Tampa and the fact that nobody is giving us a chance.

This offseason is going to be very interesting to see what the Sox do. Griffey will be gone for sure and I don't expect OC back, so they'll have to fill a 3B/SS/2B gap (can move Uribe or Alexei around) and they definately need a #5 starter with Contreras likely being gone forever. Should be interesting what they do with Swisher and if they give Anderson a shot at the CF job. I expect some regression to the mean on our young starters and hope the aging power bats don't decline too quickly.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 01 Oct 2008, 09:04

I like the odds against Tampa and the fact that nobody is giving us a chance.


still no word on quentin? i wouldn't say the white sox have "no" chance but teh rays have to be considered the strong favorites imo(assuming quentin is not playing).
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The White Sox -Win tonight or irrelevant until at least 2012

Postby kaskomm09 » 01 Oct 2008, 11:31

Untouchable wrote:
I like the odds against Tampa and the fact that nobody is giving us a chance.


still no word on quentin? i wouldn't say the white sox have "no" chance but teh rays have to be considered the strong favorites imo(assuming quentin is not playing).


The servers ate my post last time.

Basically what I'm hearing is Quentin won't be available for the ALDS but will/may be available for the ALCS, if they move on.

I definately agree the Rays are the favorites, just kinda taken back by the fact I haven't heard a single ESPN "expert" take the Sox. It's not like the Rays are some colassal machine that's been churning out playoff run after playoff run and they didn't dominate the AL this year either. I dunno, we'll see.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Postby kaskomm09 » 07 Oct 2008, 09:02

Good season.

Typical Sox L last night. Just never got on base and hit a few solo homers. Sweet! Anyway, the general feeling after the game at the park was pretty greatful. Much of the crowd stayed in their seats, ignoring the Tampa celebration, and giving an ovation to the bullpen as they walked through left to the dugout. There was also a nice video piece of highlights put on the jumbotron thanking the fans for their support this year. It was very well done.

Lost to a better team, plain and simple. I hope they can go on to beat Boston.

It should be interesting to see where they go from here. While I foresaw the age-induced decline of the veteran core, it was nice to have a new young core of players (Quentin, Danks, Floyd, Alexei) step up and make them a contending team. The corpse of Junior will no longer patrol a 5-foot range bubble in CF (thank god) and OC should be gone. The flexibility of Alexei (2B/SS) and Uribe (3B/SS/2B) and cheese's fav Josh Fields (3B) gives them a ton of options with their IF going forward. I assume they stay put on the OF with Quentin and Dye stapling the corners and BA. Swish and Wise seeing some time. I feel they regress to about 78-82 wins and should be the same old (nobody on base, AL-leaders in homers) Sox we've seen all decade. Ho hum.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 07 Oct 2008, 09:05

kaskomm09 wrote:Good season.

Typical Sox L last night. Just never got on base and hit a few solo homers. Sweet! Anyway, the general feeling after the game at the park was pretty greatful. Much of the crowd stayed in their seats, ignoring the Tampa celebration, and giving an ovation to the bullpen as they walked through left to the dugout. There was also a nice video piece of highlights put on the jumbotron thanking the fans for their support this year. It was very well done.

Lost to a better team, plain and simple. I hope they can go on to beat Boston.

It should be interesting to see where they go from here. While I foresaw the age-induced decline of the veteran core, it was nice to have a new young core of players (Quentin, Danks, Floyd, Alexei) step up and make them a contending team. The corpse of Junior will no longer patrol a 5-foot range bubble in CF (thank god) and OC should be gone. The flexibility of Alexei (2B/SS) and Uribe (3B/SS/2B) and cheese's fav Josh Fields (3B) gives them a ton of options with their IF going forward. I assume they stay put on the OF with Quentin and Dye stapling the corners and BA. Swish and Wise seeing some time. I feel they regress to about 78-82 wins and should be the same old (nobody on base, AL-leaders in homers) Sox we've seen all decade. Ho hum.


any chance of them dabbling in the free agent market? are you assuming crede is gone?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Postby kaskomm09 » 07 Oct 2008, 09:11

Untouchable wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:Good season.

Typical Sox L last night. Just never got on base and hit a few solo homers. Sweet! Anyway, the general feeling after the game at the park was pretty greatful. Much of the crowd stayed in their seats, ignoring the Tampa celebration, and giving an ovation to the bullpen as they walked through left to the dugout. There was also a nice video piece of highlights put on the jumbotron thanking the fans for their support this year. It was very well done.

Lost to a better team, plain and simple. I hope they can go on to beat Boston.

It should be interesting to see where they go from here. While I foresaw the age-induced decline of the veteran core, it was nice to have a new young core of players (Quentin, Danks, Floyd, Alexei) step up and make them a contending team. The corpse of Junior will no longer patrol a 5-foot range bubble in CF (thank god) and OC should be gone. The flexibility of Alexei (2B/SS) and Uribe (3B/SS/2B) and cheese's fav Josh Fields (3B) gives them a ton of options with their IF going forward. I assume they stay put on the OF with Quentin and Dye stapling the corners and BA. Swish and Wise seeing some time. I feel they regress to about 78-82 wins and should be the same old (nobody on base, AL-leaders in homers) Sox we've seen all decade. Ho hum.


any chance of them dabbling in the free agent market? are you assuming crede is gone?


Yeah, I think that's a safe assumption. While I'd love to give him an incentive-laden contract based on staying on the field, I think someone will risk it and spring for him. I think the two holes the Sox will try and fill are the following:

(a) Another starter. Contreras is pretty much canned for life after killing his achilles in August. I can see them giving Clayton Richard a chance (or top prospect Aaron Poreda eventually) but I still think they go out and grab a cheap 4/5 starter.
(b) Infield help. Like I said before, Alexei and Uribe give them a ton of flexibility. Uribe blows and isn't worth much more than a utility guy. I'd love for them to plug in Fields (regardless of his defense) and hit the market on a SS/2B. Furcal is out there and I like him a lot, but I don't know if they'd spring for him or if it'd be smart to do so.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Postby kaskomm09 » 14 Nov 2008, 12:32

What a way to start the offseason!

Jesus christ, what a pile of shit trade. Now, I understand that the Sox have a depth of slow, plodding sluggers in their corner OF/1B/DH slots, but why trade Swish, especially when there were at least rumors of teams' interest in Dye. Did Swish suck last year? Absolutely. But this is a guy coming off 120+ OPS+ years back-to-back in Oakland, the youngest of bunch (discounting Quentin because he's not on the market), affordable for an extended period of time (09:$5.3M, 10:$6.75M, 11:$9M, 12:$10.25M club option ($1M buyout)), the only flexible piece of any of them (gave them near-average defense at both CF and 1B) and by all accounts a good clubhouse guy.

Oh, and you just traded the farm for him last year. Good work. Way to grab that utility infielder and non-top pitching prospect.

Fuck me.

EDIT: Oddly enough, I ran into Sox pitching coach Don Cooper in line at the deli at lunch today. First time that's ever happened, despite him seeming to be a regular there, and me going multiple times a week. We talked for a bit. He said this Marquez kid is probably going to start, Vazquez is gonna be gone probably and that it wouldn't surprise him if they moved Dye as well and went young. He also said Swish "had to go" and that there was a "funny story behind that", which he of course didn't tell me, but I'll assume Swish stuck his dick in someone he shouldn't have.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Postby Rickey Sez » 16 Nov 2008, 18:02

kaskomm09 wrote:. He also said Swish "had to go" and that there was a "funny story behind that", which he of course didn't tell me, but I'll assume Swish stuck his dick in someone he shouldn't have.


Man, I hope that someone is Orlando Cabrera's wife.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7491
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest