The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

The White Sox - Ozzie's army of idiots

Postby kaskomm09 » 31 Mar 2006, 17:07

Due to a shoutbox convo, I'm throwing up my 2006 White Sox thread, which will probably just turn into an AL Central thread, but i don't care.

I predict an AL Central championship before the Sox fizzle out in the ALCS this year (don't really care to whom).

Things that concern me the most is the bullpen (Hermanson possibly done, Jenks coming into camp "too fat", general lack of arms, regression to the norm from Politte and Cotts who had career years in '05) and general luck (great in 1-run games in '05, got hot at the right time, less "Don't Stop Believin'" and Steve Perry sightings in '06).

Besides that, the lineup looks a ton stronger with nobody coming off career years and the staff is the deepest in baseball with McCarthy waiting in the wings shall someone 1-5 falter.
Last edited by kaskomm09 on 07 Oct 2008, 08:55, edited 4 times in total.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Postby WhiteSox » 31 Mar 2006, 17:12

I think they will breeze through the regular season--no problems. Minnesota has about as much offense as a wiffle ball team, and Cleveland isn't ready yet. Their pitching won't stand up.

As for the playoffs, I don't see another AL team that is obviously superior. The Yanks will hit like they always do, but their pitching is crap. Johnson will be fine, but after that it's a crapshoot. I doubt Boston will even make the playoffs. Anaheim won't get better, and I don't think Oakland is as good as the "experts" are predicting.
User avatar
WhiteSox
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 787
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 15:29
Location: Farmington

Postby God Shamgod » 31 Mar 2006, 17:50

I have Jenks as a 2nd closer in some fantast leagues. The dude was 3 bills plus last year. How did he get fatter? Fuck.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5672
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Mar 2006, 21:55

Morneau and Mauer will greatly benefit from Castillo and Stewart table-setting. Believe that.

Plus, Johan Santana > Any pitcher in the league.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26109
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 01 Apr 2006, 07:13

WhiteSox wrote:I think they will breeze through the regular season--no problems. Minnesota has about as much offense as a wiffle ball team, and Cleveland isn't ready yet. Their pitching won't stand up.

As for the playoffs, I don't see another AL team that is obviously superior. The Yanks will hit like they always do, but their pitching is crap. Johnson will be fine, but after that it's a crapshoot. I doubt Boston will even make the playoffs. Anaheim won't get better, and I don't think Oakland is as good as the "experts" are predicting.


Okay, now that we've split the rational fans from the irrational, we can move forward with this discussion.

Sure, the White Sox are favored in the division and should be, but it won't be a breeze for them. While I wouldn't argue that Cleveland or Minnesota is better, either could win the AL Central this year with a break or two here and there.
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
User avatar
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: 08 Jan 2006, 13:19
Location: Spittin' mad trackz wit Luda

Postby MoreCowbell » 01 Apr 2006, 13:29

Do White Sox fans really think Thome's gonna have a great year?
User avatar
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5479
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:01

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Apr 2006, 13:30

As a Twins fan, I can say that Thome's hitting in Spring Training scares the bejeezus out of me. If Thome gives Konerko protection, I see no reason for the White Sox not to win the division again.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26109
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Postby Dunking Donut » 01 Apr 2006, 19:56

I picked up Thome in a couple of my fantasy leagues. He's gonna blow up as a DH with Konerko ahead of him. .275/40/120 isn't out of the question, IMO.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
User avatar
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 6367
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 10:25

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 01 Apr 2006, 20:01

Dunking Donut wrote:I picked up Thome in a couple of my fantasy leagues. He's gonna blow up as a DH with Konerko ahead of him. .275/40/120 isn't out of the question, IMO.


if healthy, he's quite capable of that
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
User avatar
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: 08 Jan 2006, 13:19
Location: Spittin' mad trackz wit Luda

Postby mister bacon » 01 Apr 2006, 20:18

Thats a big if.. I dont trust Thome.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby MoreCowbell » 01 Apr 2006, 20:19

Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:
Dunking Donut wrote:I picked up Thome in a couple of my fantasy leagues. He's gonna blow up as a DH with Konerko ahead of him. .275/40/120 isn't out of the question, IMO.


if healthy, he's quite capable of that


Is that right? Can I go on the record as saying that Thome will be a huge disapointment in Chicago?
User avatar
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5479
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:01

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Apr 2006, 20:21

MoreCowbell wrote:
Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:
Dunking Donut wrote:I picked up Thome in a couple of my fantasy leagues. He's gonna blow up as a DH with Konerko ahead of him. .275/40/120 isn't out of the question, IMO.


if healthy, he's quite capable of that


Is that right? Can I go on the record as saying that Thome will be a huge disapointment in Chicago?


I hope you're right, Tiff. But, I have a bad feeling about Thome as a DH.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26109
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Postby MoreCowbell » 01 Apr 2006, 20:23

JichaelDick wrote:
MoreCowbell wrote:
Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:
Dunking Donut wrote:I picked up Thome in a couple of my fantasy leagues. He's gonna blow up as a DH with Konerko ahead of him. .275/40/120 isn't out of the question, IMO.


if healthy, he's quite capable of that


Is that right? Can I go on the record as saying that Thome will be a huge disapointment in Chicago?


I hope you're right, Tiff. But, I have a bad feeling about Thome as a DH.


Hey, you could be right, he could've bought some Barry Bonds juice over the offseason..
User avatar
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5479
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:01

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Apr 2006, 20:26

Or "not playing defense" juice. I mean, he absolutely raked the ball before 2005, and to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't been accused of juicing.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26109
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Postby MoreCowbell » 01 Apr 2006, 20:29

JichaelDick wrote:Or "not playing defense" juice. I mean, he absolutely raked the ball before 2005, and to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't been accused of juicing.


That's my point. He's getting old, his body's been deteriorating. What better time to start juicing, eh?
Last edited by MoreCowbell on 01 Apr 2006, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5479
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:01

Next

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron