The Official Fightin' Phils Thread

The Official Fightin' Phils Thread

Postby 700 Level » 24 Mar 2006, 13:59

I figured the losingest franchise in professional sports history deserves their own thread. Post your thoughts on the season, predictions (including when they will reach that historic 10,000th loss), trade rumors, etc.

I'm predicting 90-92 wins. A few more than last year and in contention for the NL East crown. They still need pitching, but what else is new. At least with Wade gone there's a chance some deals could go down during the season.
"It's insane, this guy's taint!"
700 Level
Another dude worth meeting

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Mar 2006, 14:00

ahh, philly optimism. Good luck. I predict that by June, this thread will be full of philly guys alternately sucking off and bashing Chase Utley.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby 700 Level » 24 Mar 2006, 14:07

I agree with your prediction, except I think June is a little far out. This will probably start around the first of May.
"It's insane, this guy's taint!"
700 Level
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Philly FUPA » 24 Mar 2006, 14:58

SouthernYokel wrote:ahh, philly optimism. Good luck. I predict that by June, this thread will be full of philly guys alternately sucking off and bashing Chase Utley.

The only reason anyone from Philly would ever be bashing Utley is if he did a GQ spread in which he was forced to dress like a gay ranch hand and pose with sheep. That guy is the real deal. I legitimately see him putting up a .300-100-30-100-20 season.
SouthernYokel- FSU girls are overexposed. They're hot, but they're not as hot as everyone says. And that cowboy girl is rifuckingdiculously artificial. Not saying i wouldn't break her cervix, but i likes a natural girl.
Philly FUPA
Grantland Editor

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Mar 2006, 15:17

I'll wager $100 that if BSMB is at all into baseball and utley ever makes an error all season, he will be in this thread talking about how they should waive him and pick up Soriano for his superior fielding skills.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Philly FUPA » 24 Mar 2006, 15:40

SouthernYokel wrote:I'll wager $100 that if BSMB is at all into baseball and utley ever makes an error all season, he will be in this thread talking about how they should waive him and pick up Soriano for his superior fielding skills.

Hilarious. "Ultey is a product of Charlie Manuel shoving him down our throats. He'd be a groundskeeper on the majority of MLB teams."
SouthernYokel- FSU girls are overexposed. They're hot, but they're not as hot as everyone says. And that cowboy girl is rifuckingdiculously artificial. Not saying i wouldn't break her cervix, but i likes a natural girl.
Philly FUPA
Grantland Editor

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Mar 2006, 15:42

SouthernYokel wrote:I'll wager $100 that if BSMB is at all into baseball and utley ever makes an error all season, he will be in this thread talking about how they should waive him and pick up Soriano for his superior fielding skills.

Come on man. I only bash punks that deserve it. On the Phils, Utley and Ryan Howard will never be ripped by me, unless they pull some dumb shit. Skankerthal will feel my wrath often however. Fuck him.

I feel about 82 wins. Exciting!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Mar 2006, 15:44

How old is Lieberthal? 40? 60? I feel like he's been around since the Cecil Fielder era.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Philly FUPA » 24 Mar 2006, 15:44

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Come on man. I only bash punks that deserve it. On the Phils, Utley and Ryan Howard will never be ripped by me, unless they pull some dumb shit. Skankerthal will feel my wrath often however. Fuck him.

I feel about 82 wins. Exciting!

Lieberthal is definitely stealing money and I'd like to slap him public. 82-92 wins sounds about right for the year. Regardless, we'll miss the WC by 2.5 games like every year.
Philly FUPA
Grantland Editor

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 24 Mar 2006, 15:54

Philly FUPA wrote: 82-92 wins sounds about right for the year.

that really isn't saying anything at all...giving a 10-game window for a baseball season is too wide of a range.

82 wins = .500 team
92 wins = almost in playoffs
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Philly FUPA » 24 Mar 2006, 16:01

Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:
Philly FUPA wrote: 82-92 wins sounds about right for the year.

that really isn't saying anything at all...giving a 10-game window for a baseball season is too wide of a range.

82 wins = .500 team
92 wins = almost in playoffs

Actually, your comments capture it perfectly. They are a .500 team that will almost be in the playoffs. I wasn't trying to come across as making a prognosticator, but I'll say they end up closer to 92 than 82. Five game window kosher?
Philly FUPA
Grantland Editor

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 24 Mar 2006, 16:03

sure...87-92 seems about right...maybe a touch high
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby DirtDawg » 24 Mar 2006, 16:32

I'm predicting Ryan Howard for .275, 40HR, 110 RBI.

That fucker can hit.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby God Shamgod » 26 Mar 2006, 18:54

Liberthal is "only" 34. He is stealing money. In an effort to get younger a the position, the braintrust went with 35 year old Sal Fasano. I know Liberthal takes the beating in Philly but I think David Bell is the #1 culprit. That guy is fucking awful.

Howard is a stud but he has to do better than .148 against lefties.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby PhillyJim76 » 26 Mar 2006, 19:15

God Shamgod wrote:Liberthal is "only" 34. He is stealing money. In an effort to get younger a the position, the braintrust went with 35 year old Sal Fasano. I know Liberthal takes the beating in Philly but I think David Bell is the #1 culprit. That guy is fucking awful.

Howard is a stud but he has to do better than .148 against lefties.

Nothing the Phillies can do, Bell and Lieber-ho have 1 more year left under their contracts. Howard is an absolute friggin monster.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Next

Return to MLB