The Official Milwaukee Brewers Thread

Re: The Official Milwaukee Brewers Thread

Postby Rodney Farva » 25 Jul 2017, 15:34

i've explained this before, but to catch everyone up: growing up in the pre-internets age in a town with no cable tv, i got really tired of having the shitty ny teams the only option. so when i was around 10 or 11 i latched onto a couple teams that came out of nowhere to be good, and i've stuck with them. sorry that i am not sorry.

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SouthernYokel » 26 Jul 2017, 09:32

you have nothing to be sorry about, i love it. perhaps you should consider the Sacramento Kings
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 26 Jul 2017, 09:55

SouthernYokel wrote:you have nothing to be sorry about, i love it. perhaps you should consider the Sacramento Kings

Came out of nowhere to be good--by that logic he should go with the Warriors.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 26 Jul 2017, 09:56

CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:you have nothing to be sorry about, i love it. perhaps you should consider the Sacramento Kings

Really if he didn't already have a Milwaukee team he should go with the Milwaukee Bucks for his NBA team. Has anyone rooted for the Bucks? maybe the Sidney Moncrief days a bit. With Greek Freak and a few moves they might be really good in 2-3 years.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby CourtesyFlush » 26 Jul 2017, 09:58

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Really if he didn't already have a Milwaukee team he should go with the Milwaukee Bucks for his NBA team. Has anyone rooted for the Bucks? maybe the Sidney Moncrief days a bit. With Greek Freak and a few moves they might be really good in 2-3 years.

Good point. I could see RF pulling to the Bucks because of the allure of Jack Sikma's perm. I mean, look at that coif!

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 26 Jul 2017, 10:04

#TRUSonic
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby ctz31 » 26 Jul 2017, 10:05

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Good call. My sources tell me bostonsucksmyballs is NOT a fan of the milwaukee bucks. So everyone else (except me) must love them! /craig
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Rodney Farva » 26 Jul 2017, 10:35

I was a big Sidney Moncrief fan because i pulled to arkansas for college football and hoop. football because of them upsetting oklahoma in the orange bowl in '78, and hoops because they quickly became a big deal and i loved this si cover:

but my nba team back then was the spurs. don't really have a team now.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 26 Jul 2017, 10:52

High on the hogs: the ctz story.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Rodney Farva » 26 Jul 2017, 23:53

enjoyed this evening's tilt with the nats. sprung for decent seats and it was a beautiful night for baseball.

for some reason traffic really sucked so it took us two hours to get there and we missed most of the first inning. never again, will go with metro in the future.

wasted a great outing by the starter, jimmy nelson, who struck out 10 and was really sharp.

harper was rung up on strikes and went berserk after the ump tossed him for arguing. the brewers lefty reliever, Hader, who came in to face him was filthy, 82 mph curve followed by 97 mph heater. but for some reason counsell didn't trust him to face righties and pulled him, and the guy who came in shit the bed. nats batted around, and it was weird to see someone who entered at the start of the inning as a pinch runner come up to hit because he was still in the game but without yet having a position, and a pinch hitter get two at bats in the same inning. another oddity was that the brewers stole 3rd base on 3 different occasions, all without drawing a throw.

i wish our korean import thames was playing first because the guy who was there instead made some awful defensive plays in the nats' big inning that killed them. nice little comeback effort in the top of the ninth including a massive 2 run homer, but not to be for the brewcrew this evening.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Jul 2017, 20:05

Good thing you didn't go to today's game
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Rodney Farva » 28 Jul 2017, 13:44

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Good thing you didn't go to today's game

no kidding!

figure the inevitable cubs sweep this weekend will be the final nail in the coffin and we'll be sellers come the trade deadline. waaaaaah.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JichaelDick » 11 Aug 2017, 00:20

'Sup?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Aug 2017, 05:15

JichaelDick wrote:'Sup?

third place and almost down to .500. the post all star game collapse came a lot faster than expected. guess I can stop wondering whether they'd get the nats in the playoffs and if I could get tickets.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 Sep 2017, 22:20

woo, great win in a pitchers' duel over washington. solo HR in the first from former mets star neil walker the only run. jimmy nelson was on fire, 11K in 7 innings, set up man (kid named Hader - absolutely filthy stuff) strikes out the side in a perfect 8th and closer Knebel strikes out the side in the 9th with only a harmless walk. both relievers were throwing 98 with the heater and nasty curveballs. would be really nice if they can hang around, though i'm not counting on it.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to MLB