Dong's beloved: Chicago Cubs

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 Dec 2017, 09:46

Briandong79 wrote:Arrieta is reportedly looking for a $200 million deal. Welp. You're one of my favorite Cubs, Jake, but nice knowing you.


I'm looking for a blow job from Alexandra Daddario whilst flying on a pterodactyl.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby SouthernYokel » 12 Dec 2017, 09:48

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Arrieta is reportedly looking for a $200 million deal. Welp. You're one of my favorite Cubs, Jake, but nice knowing you.


I'm looking for a blow job from Alexandra Daddario whilst flying on a pterodactyl.


be sure you have enough memory left in your phone if you make that happen
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 30530
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 12 Dec 2017, 09:49

SouthernYokel wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Arrieta is reportedly looking for a $200 million deal. Welp. You're one of my favorite Cubs, Jake, but nice knowing you.


I'm looking for a blow job from Alexandra Daddario whilst flying on a pterodactyl.


be sure you have enough memory left in your phone if you make that happen

I'll settle for just the first half of that

I'm a man of simple tastes
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12892
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Dec 2017, 13:48

So, Brandon Morrow has never really closed before. I'm slightly nervous about this as the way to go. I'd like to see Edwards get his shit together mentally and make a run at the closer spot, but I don't know that he has that in him.

ETA: Also it seemed like the Dodgers burnt him out in the NLCS (shutting down the Cubs, natch).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31604
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby JichaelDick » 11 Feb 2018, 08:59

I hope this means my Twins get Arrieta
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26677
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Feb 2018, 09:22

So they get Yu and Chatwood for less than what Lackey and Arrieta cost them last year. So they managed to get younger, better, and cheaper in one offseason. That's a pretty successful one for ol' greatest leader in the world Theo.

I really hope Arrieta goes somewhere and does well for himself. Hopefully in the AL.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31604
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Feb 2018, 10:20

Yu costs less bc he stinks.

Chatwood sounds made up.

Nice work, HN Epstein.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31766
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby jman » 12 Feb 2018, 11:07

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yu costs less bc he stinks.

Chatwood sounds made up.

Nice work, HN Epstein.


I'm Balls and I know all about pitchers for the LA Dodgers.

The fork sticking out of Arrieta's back last year was only slightly smaller than Lackey's. I'll take the move.
User avatar
jman
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 890
Joined: 11 Nov 2008, 21:35
Location: stayin thirsty

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 12 Feb 2018, 11:49

SI writer troubled by yu darvish's contract

in terms of both overall and average annual value, he’s nowhere near David Price (seven years and $217 million from the Red Sox), Max Scherzer (seven years and $210 million with the Nationals), or Zack Greinke (six years and $206 million from the Diamondbacks). Instead, he slots in with starters a tier below: Jordan Zimmermann (five years and $110 million, or $22 million a year, from Detroit); Johnny Cueto (six years and $130 million, or $21.66 million per year, from San Francisco); and Barry Zito (seven years and $126 million, or $18 million a season, from San Francisco).


it seems like a bunch of those deals ended up being terrible, maybe teams are just getting smarter :-k
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby mj3528 » 12 Feb 2018, 11:52

Dr Jeckyll wrote:SI writer troubled by yu darvish's contract

in terms of both overall and average annual value, he’s nowhere near David Price (seven years and $217 million from the Red Sox), Max Scherzer (seven years and $210 million with the Nationals), or Zack Greinke (six years and $206 million from the Diamondbacks). Instead, he slots in with starters a tier below: Jordan Zimmermann (five years and $110 million, or $22 million a year, from Detroit); Johnny Cueto (six years and $130 million, or $21.66 million per year, from San Francisco); and Barry Zito (seven years and $126 million, or $18 million a season, from San Francisco).


it seems like a bunch of those deals ended up being terrible, maybe teams are just getting smarter :-k


Darvish has obvious injury issues as well.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 10060
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby ctz31 » 12 Feb 2018, 14:06

Balls is right per usual. Yu pretend stunk for me last year IIRC.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 10403
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Feb 2018, 16:49

jman wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yu costs less bc he stinks.

Chatwood sounds made up.

Nice work, HN Epstein.


I'm Balls and I know all about pitchers for the LA Dodgers.

The fork sticking out of Arrieta's back last year was only slightly smaller than Lackey's. I'll take the move.


Correct, it's certainly not without risk but it's a no-brainer to me. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Also, it's really a 2 year deal if he pitches well. If he Heyward's it up, then it's less money and time than I expected.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31604
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 13 Feb 2018, 05:54

Briandong79 wrote:So they get Yu and Chatwood for less than what Lackey and Arrieta cost them last year. So they managed to get younger, better, and cheaper in one offseason. That's a pretty successful one for ol' greatest leader in the world Theo.

I really hope Arrieta goes somewhere and does well for himself. Hopefully in the AL.


Arrieta’s dun imo.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby JT99 » 13 Feb 2018, 07:39

Name change needed for thread
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 10325
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Feb 2018, 07:52

JT99 wrote:Name change needed for thread


agreed something lowercase and unfunny preferably.....of course.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24959
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest