Dong's beloved: Chicago Cubs

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby jman » 19 Oct 2017, 22:40

Now that's how you flame right the fuck out of a postseason series. Lose by a solid 10 runs on your home field, only score 1 run yourselves (like you've done all fucking series except that one game you got 3), allow some fuckface to hit 3 bombs on you including a granny, allow a couple other fuckfaces to hit bombs as well, just a stellar end to the season. Supernoviadic even.

I'm sure that guy who hit those bombs, whatever his name is, will forever be remembered as Mr. October....19th, 2017 or some shit cause he's never gonna do another fucking thing in his career. But he's right there with Reggie.

But congrats to the Dodgers, they earned it. Even though they could have won the entire fucking series just on the runs they scored tonight because the Cubs offense was such shit. Jesus Christ they barely had to break a sweat.

Glad it's over though. Shut those fucking idiots up who were talking today like the Cubs had a shot in the series after the win last night. That's how you shut them right the fuck up.
User avatar
jman
Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson
 
Posts: 907
Joined: 11 Nov 2008, 21:35
Location: stayin thirsty

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 Oct 2017, 07:55

jman wrote:Mr. October....19th, 2017 or some shit


:lol: :lol: :lol:

noice!
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 25588
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Oct 2017, 08:04

The offense was pitiful. For all the jumping on the bullpen, that was always a known iffy quantity. The lineup just disappearing was bad. Not a single non-home run run the whole series.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Oct 2017, 08:17

Briandong79 wrote:The offense was pitiful. For all the jumping on the bullpen, that was always a known iffy quantity. The lineup just disappearing was bad. Not a single non-home run run the whole series.


Yeah...I do think Rizzo was starting to get his swing back a little last night, he just hammered the ball into the shift...but by that point, they'd been shellshocked.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26703
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Oct 2017, 14:45

I did not see Bosio getting canned coming. Thought he was pretty highly thought of. I suspect they'll spend to get a good one. Maybe make the pitchers a bit more willing to not peck around and actually throw strikes.

Looking at the FA lists, I have zero idea who will be their 5th starter (assuming Jake doesn't come back).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby mj3528 » 23 Oct 2017, 14:51

Briandong79 wrote:I did not see Bosio getting canned coming. Thought he was pretty highly thought of. I suspect they'll spend to get a good one. Maybe make the pitchers a bit more willing to not peck around and actually throw strikes.

Looking at the FA lists, I have zero idea who will be their 5th starter (assuming Jake doesn't come back).


I read, and you probably did too, that Maddon and Bosio had a falling out, but it did not say what the fall out was about.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 10134
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby JichaelDick » 24 Oct 2017, 14:34

mj3528 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I did not see Bosio getting canned coming. Thought he was pretty highly thought of. I suspect they'll spend to get a good one. Maybe make the pitchers a bit more willing to not peck around and actually throw strikes.

Looking at the FA lists, I have zero idea who will be their 5th starter (assuming Jake doesn't come back).


I read, and you probably did too, that Maddon and Bosio had a falling out, but it did not say what the fall out was about.


Bosio wasn't a wine drinker.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26703
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 24 Oct 2017, 14:36

JichaelDick wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I did not see Bosio getting canned coming. Thought he was pretty highly thought of. I suspect they'll spend to get a good one. Maybe make the pitchers a bit more willing to not peck around and actually throw strikes.

Looking at the FA lists, I have zero idea who will be their 5th starter (assuming Jake doesn't come back).


I read, and you probably did too, that Maddon and Bosio had a falling out, but it did not say what the fall out was about.


Bosio wasn't a wine drinker.


Bosio said Maddon's new haircut was trying too hard.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 26 Oct 2017, 06:33

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8108
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby mister bacon » 26 Oct 2017, 06:59



I assume kite and wolf will be attending his funeral.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 27127
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby ctz31 » 26 Oct 2017, 08:07

mister bacon wrote:


I assume kite and wolf will be attending his funeral.


He HAD cancer. /jer
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 26 Oct 2017, 12:12

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8108
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 26 Oct 2017, 12:43

Dr Jeckyll wrote:Harper speculation


He's gunning for $400m?

Image
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Oct 2017, 12:52

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:Harper speculation


He's gunning for $400m?

Image


Image
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 08 Nov 2017, 11:46

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-giants-interest-complicated-jason-003524924.html

i would definitely do this trade. dong what do you think?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8108
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest