4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 May 2017, 15:43

'sup?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby jman » 03 May 2017, 09:09

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:'sup?

'sup
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 09 May 2017, 15:54

Briandong79 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:dong: concerned about the starting pitching yet or just a small sample size in your opinion? i am troubled by it.

Pretty small sample size but definitely reason to be concerned. There's going to be a drop from last year, there just has to be because of how unprecedented last season was for them. The hope will be that it'll be less than it currently looks.

The sad thing is that with the exception of the 2 guys they threw out there last night, the pen has been outstanding. Davis, Edwards, Montgomery, and Rondon have been absurd.

what the f is going on dong? not panicked about the season overall, but the starting pitching is a disaster :?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 May 2017, 16:27

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:dong: concerned about the starting pitching yet or just a small sample size in your opinion? i am troubled by it.

Pretty small sample size but definitely reason to be concerned. There's going to be a drop from last year, there just has to be because of how unprecedented last season was for them. The hope will be that it'll be less than it currently looks.

The sad thing is that with the exception of the 2 guys they threw out there last night, the pen has been outstanding. Davis, Edwards, Montgomery, and Rondon have been absurd.

what the f is going on dong? not panicked about the season overall, but the starting pitching is a disaster :?

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mj3528 » 09 May 2017, 16:54

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

The disease of more
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 May 2017, 16:34

'sup?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby jman » 16 May 2017, 09:00

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Image

I actually thought they would have a longer leash after last year, but people are already starting to lose their shit especially over Schwarber batting leadoff. Dude has barely played in 100 major league games. Take a breath.
jman

Postby CourtesyFlush » 16 May 2017, 09:08

jman wrote:

I actually thought they would have a longer leash after last year, but people are already starting to lose their shit especially over Schwarber batting leadoff. Dude has barely played in 100 major league games. Take a breath.

ESPN looks at what's wrong with the Cubs so far.

Small sample size, but Rizzo/Schwarber have to get their averages up and guys like Hendricks and Arrieta have regressed. Gotta think Hendricks will improve as the season progresses, but Arrieta might be done. Gotta think they'll add a starter or two at the deadline.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby jman » 16 May 2017, 09:39

CourtesyFlush wrote:
jman wrote:

Small sample size, but Rizzo/Schwarber have to get their averages up and guys like Hendricks and Arrieta have regressed. Gotta think Hendricks will improve as the season progresses, but Arrieta might be done. Gotta think they'll add a starter or two at the deadline.

yeah no shit, the big bats need to start hitting better, thanks ESPN. There was a lot of talk earlier about Hendricks' fastball velocity being down so his changeup isn't as effective. I don't know what the fuck is going on with Arrieta. "He might be done" is as good of a guess as I have.

Pretty long homestand coming up so hopefully they can put some wins together and settle everyone down. I'll be on a rooftop for Saturday's game with all you can drink so I'll be fine win or lose.
jman

Postby CourtesyFlush » 16 May 2017, 09:43

jman wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
jman wrote:

yeah no shit, the big bats need to start hitting better, thanks ESPN. There was a lot of talk earlier about Hendricks' fastball velocity being down so his changeup isn't as effective. I don't know what the fuck is going on with Arrieta. "He might be done" is as good of a guess as I have.

Pretty long homestand coming up so hopefully they can put some wins together and settle everyone down. I'll be on a rooftop for Saturday's game with all you can drink so I'll be fine win or lose.

On Sunday (or Monday) please list in detail all of the beverages you will have consumed on Saturday. TYIA.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 16 May 2017, 09:45

jman wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
jman wrote:

the key to improvement this season, imo, is to start scoring more runs, while at the same time allowing less runs. i think this will put the Cubs on the right path :)
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 16 May 2017, 09:46

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
jman wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
jman wrote:

the key to improvement this season, imo, is to start scoring more runs, while at the same time allowing less runs. i think this will put the Cubs on the right path :)

Jayson Stark, is that you? #analysis

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby jman » 16 May 2017, 09:50

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
jman wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
jman wrote:

Jayson Stark, is that you? #analysis

"Coach, what do you have to do to win this game?"

"Score more points than the other team."

Fulsh I can already answer your request. Miller Lite. And some form of Goose Island if they're serving it.
jman

Postby Briandong79 » 18 May 2017, 11:32

Nothing solves a problem like playing the Reds.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby jman » 18 May 2017, 12:30

Briandong79 wrote:Nothing solves a problem like playing the Reds.

and the wind blowing straight out at about 40 mph helps too.
jman

PreviousNext

Return to MLB