4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Prez » 13 Apr 2017, 11:28

Briandong79 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:I don't get this David Ross thing at all. It's gotta be bc he also spent time with the scrappy Sox right?


Helluva Balls impression there, James.


For reals.

No I checked his Wikipedia page thinking he must have been some long time Cub. Two seasons!


He's a very likable guy. Bryant and Rizzo both caught on with him as a mentor so that elevated him. I'm sure his coming from Boston didn't hurt his popularity.


Yeah, 14 yr major league career, two with the Red Sox... he's "from Boston"
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Apr 2017, 11:29

Prez wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:I don't get this David Ross thing at all. It's gotta be bc he also spent time with the scrappy Sox right?


Helluva Balls impression there, James.


For reals.

No I checked his Wikipedia page thinking he must have been some long time Cub. Two seasons!


He's a very likable guy. Bryant and Rizzo both caught on with him as a mentor so that elevated him. I'm sure his coming from Boston didn't hurt his popularity.


Yeah, 14 yr major league career, two with the Red Sox... he's "from Boston"


He played in Boston in 2013 and 2014. He played for the Cubs in 2015 and 2016. Yes, he literally came from Boston (which is not what she said).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31160
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Prez » 13 Apr 2017, 11:32

Briandong79 wrote:
Prez wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:I don't get this David Ross thing at all. It's gotta be bc he also spent time with the scrappy Sox right?


Helluva Balls impression there, James.


For reals.

No I checked his Wikipedia page thinking he must have been some long time Cub. Two seasons!


He's a very likable guy. Bryant and Rizzo both caught on with him as a mentor so that elevated him. I'm sure his coming from Boston didn't hurt his popularity.


Yeah, 14 yr major league career, two with the Red Sox... he's "from Boston"


He played in Boston in 2013 and 2014. He played for the Cubs in 2015 and 2016. Yes, he literally came from Boston (which is not what she said).


Sorry dong, my post was more directed at Jim and his Boston complex. He played in Boston the same as he played with the Cubs. He's a nice guy who was part of a championship with both teams... weird that they like him, MUST BE HIS BOSTON CONNECTION

ETA: maybe it's his lack of ever playing in Philly that makes him so popular? :-k
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby mj3528 » 13 Apr 2017, 11:36

Prez wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Prez wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:I don't get this David Ross thing at all. It's gotta be bc he also spent time with the scrappy Sox right?


Helluva Balls impression there, James.


For reals.

No I checked his Wikipedia page thinking he must have been some long time Cub. Two seasons!


He's a very likable guy. Bryant and Rizzo both caught on with him as a mentor so that elevated him. I'm sure his coming from Boston didn't hurt his popularity.


Yeah, 14 yr major league career, two with the Red Sox... he's "from Boston"


He played in Boston in 2013 and 2014. He played for the Cubs in 2015 and 2016. Yes, he literally came from Boston (which is not what she said).


Sorry dong, my post was more directed at Jim and his Boston complex. He played in Boston the same as he played with the Cubs. He's a nice guy who was part of a championship with both teams... weird that they like him, MUST BE HIS BOSTON CONNECTION


Ross could have been a goat with the Cubs letting two runs score on a passed ball in game 7. His later HR and the ending made up for it.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9325
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby JichaelDick » 13 Apr 2017, 14:23

It's clearly his time with the Barves that made him beloved. He even hit a homer against the Cardinals in the postseason (in a wild card game loss, but still)
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26108
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby PhillyJim76 » 13 Apr 2017, 14:28

I just find it inexplicable that he is this beloved national darling
It feels so good to be back.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4966
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Apr 2017, 15:31

He's #NotMyRoss

#TeamGeller

Image
Image
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31091
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Apr 2017, 08:57

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31160
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 20 Apr 2017, 09:03

I would have expected this move from the Indians had they won, not from the Cubs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704 ... =editorial
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18394
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Apr 2017, 16:53

@670TheScore

Follow
More
Kris Bryant on why he won't do bat flip on a no-doubter: "It's enough of a disgrace to the pitcher when it's halfway up the video board."


:what:

Who's Kris Bryant? /bostonsucksmyctz31
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23777
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Prez » 01 May 2017, 05:33

Image
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 01 May 2017, 08:55

Nice to see Koji give one to his old team. Then Strop blowing it with a pitch in the dirt after it looked like he juuuuuuuuuuust might get out of it was the Stropiest thing ever.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31160
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 May 2017, 08:58

Briandong79 wrote:Nice to see Koji give one to his old team. Then Strop blowing it with a pitch in the dirt after it looked like he juuuuuuuuuuust might get out of it was the Stropiest thing ever.


Haha seriously. That's so Strop.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31091
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 01 May 2017, 12:16

dong: concerned about the starting pitching yet or just a small sample size in your opinion? i am troubled by it.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7766
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby Briandong79 » 01 May 2017, 12:51

Dr Jeckyll wrote:dong: concerned about the starting pitching yet or just a small sample size in your opinion? i am troubled by it.


Pretty small sample size but definitely reason to be concerned. There's going to be a drop from last year, there just has to be because of how unprecedented last season was for them. The hope will be that it'll be less than it currently looks.

The sad thing is that with the exception of the 2 guys they threw out there last night, the pen has been outstanding. Davis, Edwards, Montgomery, and Rondon have been absurd.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31160
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest