4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Re: 4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Mar 2017, 12:44

Is Shakira a great leader?

checks out. would follow into guadalcanal
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Mar 2017, 12:45

SouthernYokel wrote:Is Shakira a great leader?

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 27 Mar 2017, 12:46

SouthernYokel wrote:Is Shakira a great leader?

Yessir.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Mar 2017, 12:04

From the SBNation article I posted about game length:

The announcers for Cubs/Mets are Harry Caray and Steve Stone. Let’s check in with Stone as he describes Gooden:

STONE: (Gooden) reminds me of a Bob Gibson, but he has better control.

That’s something we would have joked about on Twitter on for an entire day, except he wasn’t wrong! Gooden was brilliant before the innings caught up to him, and there might not be a better example of bottled lightning in baseball history. He did have superior control to Gibson at the same age, and he was an instant demigod, the platonic ideal of what a pitcher should be.

Let’s check in with Harry Caray in the first inning:

CARAY: By the way, Gary Matthews and his family are looking for a two- or three-bedroom apartment, preferably in a high-rise. Anybody who’s interested in renting their apartment or home, please contact the Cubs’ public relations office at 281-6955.

If you rent your apartment to Gary Matthews, he’ll leave you some free passes to the game now and then

God, those guys were great.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 28 Mar 2017, 12:10

Briandong79 wrote:From the SBNation article I posted about game length:

The announcers for Cubs/Mets are Harry Caray and Steve Stone. Let’s check in with Stone as he describes Gooden:

That’s something we would have joked about on Twitter on for an entire day, except he wasn’t wrong! Gooden was brilliant before the innings caught up to him, and there might not be a better example of bottled lightning in baseball history. He did have superior control to Gibson at the same age, and he was an instant demigod, the platonic ideal of what a pitcher should be.

CARAY: By the way, Gary Matthews and his family are looking for a two- or three-bedroom apartment, preferably in a high-rise. Anybody who’s interested in renting their apartment or home, please contact the Cubs’ public relations office at 281-6955.

If you rent your apartment to Gary Matthews, he’ll leave you some free passes to the game now and then

Steve Stone was awesome. too bad he had to leave bc a few of the players complained he was being mean. now forced to call sox games with Hawk Harrelson, smh.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Mar 2017, 12:14

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

Steve Stone was awesome. too bad he had to leave bc a few of the players complained he was being mean. now forced to call sox games with Hawk Harrelson, smh.

Ugh, cruel and unusual punishment is supposed to be illegal
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TheWolf » 30 Mar 2017, 23:44

I read the Caray quote in the Will Ferrell voice and enjoyed it immensely. Highly recommend.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 31 Mar 2017, 14:46

The David Ross appearance at the end made me laugh:
http://m.mlb.com/video/v1251999983/bryz ... n-baseball
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby PhillyJim76 » 13 Apr 2017, 08:28

I don't get this David Ross thing at all. It's gotta be bc he also spent time with the scrappy Sox right?
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Apr 2017, 08:31

PhillyJim76 wrote:I don't get this David Ross thing at all. It's gotta be bc he also spent time with the scrappy Sox right?

Helluva Balls impression there, James.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Apr 2017, 08:37

Gregs Kite wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:I don't get this David Ross thing at all. It's gotta be bc he also spent time with the scrappy Sox right?

:lol:

Red Sox Nation adopted the Cubs. Fin.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby PhillyJim76 » 13 Apr 2017, 08:37

Gregs Kite wrote:

For reals.

No I checked his Wikipedia page thinking he must have been some long time Cub. Two seasons!
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Apr 2017, 08:42

@markgrotesports

Jon Lester on his ring: "This blows the other two out of the water."

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 13 Apr 2017, 10:58

Gregs Kite wrote:
@markgrotesports

Jon Lester on his ring: "This blows the other two out of the water."

Dead to me.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Apr 2017, 11:00

PhillyJim76 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

For reals.

No I checked his Wikipedia page thinking he must have been some long time Cub. Two seasons!

He's a very likable guy. Bryant and Rizzo both caught on with him as a mentor so that elevated him. I'm sure his coming from Boston didn't hurt his popularity.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to MLB