4 months and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Re: 2 days and counting...your Chicago Cubs

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Nov 2016, 11:55

Now that Gawker doesn't exist, these asshats who were doing political hit pieces on anyone right of Joseph Stalin are now doing the same to you, the average sports fan.

Peter Thiel is a gay man voting for Trump who is rumored to have approved of apartheid, and he is STILL the hero of the whole Gawker mess. Only problem I've got is he didn't go far enough. SHOULD have burned the whole empire to the damn ground, IMO.

ETA: I'm also fine with unions. Because why the hell not?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby jman » 04 Nov 2016, 12:10

not going to read the article, but similarly there was a political analyst on the TV this morning saying we need to get past this as quickly as possible and focus on the election coming up. You know what? No we don't. I was so damn happy to see the Cubs on TV and in my facebook feed the past few weeks instead of 100% political garbage "Trump's an asshole" and "Hillary's a twat". And about 99% of people have already decided which of these dumbasses they're voting for by now anyway. But yes, let's return our entire focus to something that mostly just makes people angry or combative instead of spending a little time on something that actually brings us some joy.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby TheWolf » 04 Nov 2016, 12:12

jman wrote:not going to read the article, but similarly there was a political analyst on the TV this morning saying we need to get past this as quickly as possible and focus on the election coming up. You know what? No we don't. I was so damn happy to see the Cubs on TV and in my facebook feed the past few weeks instead of 100% political garbage "Trump's an asshole" and "Hillary's a twat". And about 99% of people have already decided which of these dumbasses they're voting for by now anyway. But yes, let's return our entire focus to something that mostly just makes people angry or combative instead of spending a little time on something that actually brings us some joy.

=D+= =D+= =D+=

This guy gets it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 04 Nov 2016, 12:21

These guys didn't deserve to win until every single person who harassed Bartman died.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Prez » 04 Nov 2016, 12:21

Will the title of this thread be updated daily? I hope so.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Nov 2016, 13:22

QQ What is the deal with "Fly the W"? Is that new for this year? The W is almost the same as the Washington Huskies W. Its stupid, and the Cubs need to lose it.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Nov 2016, 13:44

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:QQ What is the deal with "Fly the W"? Is that new for this year? The W is almost the same as the Washington Huskies W. Its stupid, and the Cubs need to lose it.

The Cubs have always had a "W" flag unfurled after wins at Wrigley Field (and an "L" after losses, too). I first saw the W flags during last season's playoffs.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 04 Nov 2016, 13:46

JichaelDick wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:QQ What is the deal with "Fly the W"? Is that new for this year? The W is almost the same as the Washington Huskies W. Its stupid, and the Cubs need to lose it.

The Cubs have always had a "W" flag unfurled after wins at Wrigley Field (and an "L" after losses, too). I first saw the W flags during last season's playoffs.

I saw the first W flag in my neighborhood after game 5 of the World Series.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Nov 2016, 13:49

mj3528 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

I saw the first W flag in my neighborhood after game 5 of the World Series.

The W flag has existed for decades. The "Fly the W" became a Twitter hashtag last year and took off.

As I said previously, anti-Cubs fans should really take advantage of the L flag.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby jman » 04 Nov 2016, 14:07

It started in the 30's so people passing by Wrigley on the El train could see how the Cubs did that day.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Nov 2016, 14:08

jman wrote:

It started in the 30's so people passing by Wrigley on the El train could see how the Cubs did that day.

Could they change up the W maybe? Put some fur on it or something?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby jman » 04 Nov 2016, 14:11

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
jman wrote:

Could they change up the W maybe? Put some fur on it or something?

I'll see what I can do
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Nov 2016, 14:33

So Fowler opted out and I think he'll likely want a better long term option than the Cubs are likely willing to give him. If they didn't sign anyone, I think you can assume that the lineup next year would be:
C: Contreras
1b: Rizzo
2b: Baez
SS: Russell
3B: KB
LF: Schwarber
CF: Heyward
RF: Zobrist

That leaves Soler on the bench with Almora and Montero at least. They'll have a few guys in the Coghlan mold. I think most Cubs fans would prefer to see Almora in CF instead of Heyward but at least at this point, they've got to put Heyward out there with the money he is making. I don't expect them to be big free agent spenders at all, sadly including probably losing out on both of the high end closers.

Rotation should remain the same with possible exception of Hammel. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they gave Montgomery a spot at the 5 spot. I'd rather have him in the pen though. I'm guessing Carl Edwards for the closer right now.

ETA: And if Dave Martinez gets a manager job somewhere and they don't hire David Ross immediately to fill that spot, I don't even know anymore.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 Nov 2016, 21:46

JichaelDick wrote:Now that Gawker doesn't exist, these asshats who were doing political hit pieces on anyone right of Joseph Stalin are now doing the same to you, the average sports fan.

Peter Thiel is a gay man voting for Trump who is rumored to have approved of apartheid, and he is STILL the hero of the whole Gawker mess. Only problem I've got is he didn't go far enough. SHOULD have burned the whole empire to the damn ground, IMO.

Getting awfully worked up there
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Nov 2016, 23:01

Rodney Farva wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Now that Gawker doesn't exist, these asshats who were doing political hit pieces on anyone right of Joseph Stalin are now doing the same to you, the average sports fan.

Getting awfully worked up there

I hate the Gawker assholes just slightly less than I hate mashed potatoes with no gravy. Sorry that I'm not remotely sorry.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

PreviousNext

Return to MLB