ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby TVF wannabe » 13 Nov 2017, 15:42

Briandong79 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I agree with the "yes but not first ballot" take. You can play the "accumulator" card with him, but 400-300 is pretty damn rare company (Bonds, A-Rod, Mays, and Dawson).

He was a center fielder for the majority of his career and there haven't been too many CF that combined his offense and defense, hard to know which way the new era will lean but he should get in.

At this point, his name hasn't been attached to performance enhancing drugs at all so he'll probably get in. That seems to be the bar.

not being connected to steroids and a way for people to tell you how much smarter they are than you. The latter works both ways, you think he was good deep dive into analytics says he isnt so you're an idiot and vice versa.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Nov 2017, 18:08

TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I agree with the "yes but not first ballot" take. You can play the "accumulator" card with him, but 400-300 is pretty damn rare company (Bonds, A-Rod, Mays, and Dawson).

He was a center fielder for the majority of his career and there haven't been too many CF that combined his offense and defense, hard to know which way the new era will lean but he should get in.

At this point, his name hasn't been attached to performance enhancing drugs at all so he'll probably get in. That seems to be the bar.

not being connected to steroids and a way for people to tell you how much smarter they are than you. The latter works both ways, you think he was good deep dive into analytics says he isnt so you're an idiot and vice versa.

Forgive me if I'm misreading you, but I'm pretty sure Beltran's advanced stats support his case pretty well.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Rodney Farva » 13 Nov 2017, 22:00

i feel like we can copy these comments (yes, just not first ballot) and paste them in once adrian beltre retires
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby ctz31 » 13 Nov 2017, 22:47

Gregs Kite wrote:Played for the Yankees.

IN.

Agree. I also cry every time von miller makes a tackle because I can't catch a break. And because I'm a baby.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Nov 2017, 23:09

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Played for the Yankees.

IN.

Agree. I also cry every time von miller makes a tackle because I can't catch a break. And because I'm a baby.

Can you believe that the 4 world series-winning rosters of the 90's Yankees will send not one, but TWO players to the HoF? What a travesty. I take this as an insult to my sports teams and by extension my personal integrity, because I lack basic common sense.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JT99 » 14 Nov 2017, 01:47

Rodney Farva wrote:i feel like we can copy these comments (yes, just not first ballot) and paste them in once adrian beltre retires

Beltre is first ballot
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Nov 2017, 07:07

JT99 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i feel like we can copy these comments (yes, just not first ballot) and paste them in once adrian beltre retires

Beltre is first ballot

BUT DID YOU EVER BUY A TICKET SPECIFICALLY TO SEE HIM PLAY???? CHECKMATE NERDZZZZZ
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Nov 2017, 07:46

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Beltre is first ballot

BUT DID YOU EVER BUY A TICKET SPECIFICALLY TO SEE HIM PLAY???? CHECKMATE NERDZZZZZ

I specifically bought a ticket to see Bartolo Colon pitch, HOF 4 sure, baby!!!!
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 14 Nov 2017, 08:31

JT99 wrote:

Beltre is first ballot

Agreed. That dude has been vastly underappreciated for basically his whole career, but I actually have confidence in the writers getting this one right.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Nov 2017, 10:47

JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Beltre is first ballot

I also did this. he gave up 7 runs in the 1st to the pirates and never got to bat, which was the whole reason i went.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Nov 2017, 10:48

SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Beltre is first ballot

I also did this. he gave up 7 runs in the 1st to the pirates and never got to bat, which was the whole reason i went.

waaaaaaaaaay to go mush
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby ctz31 » 14 Nov 2017, 10:50

TheWolf wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Beltre is first ballot

Agreed. That dude has been vastly underappreciated for basically his whole career, but I actually have confidence in the writers getting this one right.

Speedwagon: Thoughts?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Nov 2017, 11:08

SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Beltre is first ballot

He only lasted one inning the game I went to, as well! Believe he topped out at 87, with no movement.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Nov 2017, 11:09

JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Beltre is first ballot

He only lasted one inning the game I went to, as well! Believe he topped out at 87, with no movement.

it's worth it just to see a walrus that can throw a baseball.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Nov 2017, 11:10

SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Beltre is first ballot

it's worth it just to see a walrus that can throw a baseball.

That's mean.

Walruses clean themselves.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to MLB