ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 Jul 2017, 20:49

Everyone sees it now.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Jul 2017, 20:56

For his HOF chances, Bonds would have been better off dying in a plane crash after the 1998 season. If he wasn't immediately inducted and been forced to wait until the Class of 2004, he would have been beloved as a "clean player" in an era of juicers.

Saying that, him on 'roids broke baseball and was fun as shit.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 Jul 2017, 21:58

JichaelDick wrote:For his HOF chances, Bonds would have been better off dying in a plane crash after the 1998 season. If he wasn't immediately inducted and been forced to wait until the Class of 2004, he would have been beloved as a "clean player" in an era of juicers.

Saying that, him on 'roids broke baseball and was fun as shit.

How many fucking times do I have to say this:

He is Jesus on the cross dying for baseballs sins.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 31 Jul 2017, 22:19

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I'm not even talking about the race card. I think too many of these writer d bags are just dead set on never voting for anyone who has been connected to PEDs, whether they admit it or not. I'd love to be proven wrong, doe. Because it's all goddamn absurd IMO.

Of course it's absurd. But you know what really absurd? A hall of fame caliber player being so asshurt that another white player hit a lot of home runs so said hall of fame caliber player decided his best course of action was to gas up to comic book proportions and also decided to be a giant cocksucker to everyone outside of San Francisco and he could have just kept playing as is, retire and moonwalk into Cooperstown. Reap what you sow, I'm afraid.

By the way, how come you're too nice?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA WHOA

WHOA

Bonds decided to be a giant cocksucker to everyone long before he even GOT to San Francisco, before he even got to Pittsburgh, let alone before he started roiding
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Aug 2017, 15:02

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I'm not even talking about the race card. I think too many of these writer d bags are just dead set on never voting for anyone who has been connected to PEDs, whether they admit it or not. I'd love to be proven wrong, doe. Because it's all goddamn absurd IMO.

Of course it's absurd. But you know what really absurd? A hall of fame caliber player being so asshurt that another white player hit a lot of home runs so said hall of fame caliber player decided his best course of action was to gas up to comic book proportions and also decided to be a giant cocksucker to everyone outside of San Francisco and he could have just kept playing as is, retire and moonwalk into Cooperstown. Reap what you sow, I'm afraid.

WHOA

Bonds decided to be a giant cocksucker to everyone long before he even GOT to San Francisco, before he even got to Pittsburgh, let alone before he started roiding

yeah, bonds was a tremendous dickhead who is also coincidentally the greatest batter probably to ever live but at worst the greatest since Teddy ballgame. the hall is retarded.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Aug 2017, 16:18

SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

WHOA

yeah, bonds was a tremendous dickhead who is also coincidentally the greatest batter probably to ever live but at worst the greatest since Teddy ballgame. the hall is retarded.

Right? Can you imagine the gall on those elitist jerkoffs for keeping him out for petty, childish beefs?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Aug 2017, 19:01

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

WHOA

Right? Can you imagine the gall on those elitist jerkoffs for keeping him out for petty, childish beefs?

Lol i get it, purple heart
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Nov 2017, 12:37

Carlos Beltran retired. HOF or not? I say no. AND GO.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Nov 2017, 12:39

Played for the Yankees.

IN.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Nov 2017, 12:40

Gregs Kite wrote:Played for the Yankees.

IN.

AND Cardinals. Fuck, I overlooked that. Yeah, he's in.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 13 Nov 2017, 12:41

Briandong79 wrote:Carlos Beltran retired. HOF or not? I say no. AND GO.

He's fairly close, and he has some monster postseasons. I say yes, not first ballot.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Nov 2017, 12:49

JichaelDick wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Carlos Beltran retired. HOF or not? I say no. AND GO.

He's fairly close, and he has some monster postseasons. I say yes, not first ballot.

Agree.

Forgot what a great base stealer he was.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 13 Nov 2017, 13:05

I agree with the "yes but not first ballot" take. You can play the "accumulator" card with him, but 400-300 is pretty damn rare company (Bonds, A-Rod, Mays, and Dawson).
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby TVF wannabe » 13 Nov 2017, 15:36

TheWolf wrote:I agree with the "yes but not first ballot" take. You can play the "accumulator" card with him, but 400-300 is pretty damn rare company (Bonds, A-Rod, Mays, and Dawson).

He was a center fielder for the majority of his career and there haven't been too many CF that combined his offense and defense, hard to know which way the new era will lean but he should get in.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Nov 2017, 15:39

TVF wannabe wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I agree with the "yes but not first ballot" take. You can play the "accumulator" card with him, but 400-300 is pretty damn rare company (Bonds, A-Rod, Mays, and Dawson).

He was a center fielder for the majority of his career and there haven't been too many CF that combined his offense and defense, hard to know which way the new era will lean but he should get in.

At this point, his name hasn't been attached to performance enhancing drugs at all so he'll probably get in. That seems to be the bar.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to MLB