World Baseball Classic

Re: World Baseball Classic

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Mar 2009, 14:48

Prez wrote:Does anyone care about this?

I think if it took place after the season or in the off-season, it would be a bigger deal here in the states. The fact the many of the players and especially the pitchers aren't in top form, cheapens the whole tournament.

I enjoy it just because it's baseball to have on TV, but I wouldn't consider myself a big fan. I agree it's kind of cheapened, and in no way is it a sign of which nation has the best baseball talent. It's a minor tournament, but it can still be enjoyed as such.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bosux » 09 Mar 2009, 16:44

Frank the Tank wrote:

I think if it took place after the season or in the off-season, it would be a bigger deal here in the states. The fact the many of the players and especially the pitchers aren't in top form, cheapens the whole tournament.

I enjoy it just because it's baseball to have on TV, but I wouldn't consider myself a big fan. I agree it's kind of cheapened, and in no way is it a sign of which nation has the best baseball talent. It's a minor tournament, but it can still be enjoyed as such.

+1...i watched the USA-Canada game...i was also mildly amused by the netherlands upset of the DR
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2009, 06:39

bosux191820042090 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

+1...i watched the USA-Canada game...i was also mildly amused by the netherlands upset of the DR

It is tough for me to watch Jeter and Pedroia working together on a double play though. :cryingyankeehater:

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 10 Mar 2009, 06:41

Frank the Tank wrote:It is tough for me to watch Jeter and Pedroia working together on a double play though. :cryingyankeehater:

Frank, what do you have more of: love for America, or hate for the Yankees?
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2009, 06:46

Clayton Bigsby wrote:Frank, what do you have more of: love for America, or hate for the Yankees?

What's the difference?

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 10 Mar 2009, 06:48

Frank the Tank wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:Frank, what do you have more of: love for America, or hate for the Yankees?

What's the difference?

The former has a bunch of creepy eroticism towards ideals of "freedom" and capitalism and what not, while the latter has creepy eroticism, only involving men in their 20s and 30s that wear tight pants at Fenway Park.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2009, 06:51

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

What's the difference?

The former has a bunch of creepy eroticism towards ideals of "freedom" and capitalism and what not, while the latter has creepy eroticism, only involving men in their 20s and 30s that wear tight pants at Fenway Park.

I guess I'm just generally creepily erotic.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 10 Mar 2009, 06:51

Frank the Tank wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

What's the difference?

Tell that to my butthole!
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2009, 06:56

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

What's the difference?

Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast. It jumped up a notch.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 10 Mar 2009, 07:00

Frank the Tank wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

What's the difference?

Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast. It jumped up a notch.

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Mar 2009, 08:22

WBC is so awesome.

Why is this happening this year? Is it every 3 years, or any time they feel like doing it?
I like that there is a pitch count.
I like that Rollins and Jeter are platooning. On what planet is Jeter equal to Rollins? Please.
Who came up with this thing anyway?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2009, 08:29

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Is it every 3 years

That's the plan, but I think they're waiting to see how this one works out financially before committing to 2012.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Mar 2009, 11:28

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:WBC is so awesome.

Why is this happening this year? Is it every 3 years, or any time they feel like doing it?
I like that there is a pitch count.
I like that Rollins and Jeter are platooning. On what planet is Jeter equal to Rollins? Please.
Who came up with this thing anyway?

Apparently Davey Johnson thinks that since he's got a buncha current and former All Stars he should run the team like it's an All Star Game and give everyone a few innings then just pull them.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby sportsdorkhater » 10 Mar 2009, 21:28

Netherlands knock off the DR again. Great game. "Congrats" :gay: chuck

is that former yankee prospect hensley meulens on the coaching staff?
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Mar 2009, 22:13

sportsdorkhater wrote:Netherlands knock off the DR again. Great game. "Congrats" :gay: chuck

is that former yankee prospect hensley meulens on the coaching staff?

Ugh, hopefully that's not a preview of Marmol's performance as closer this year.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to MLB