World Baseball Classic

Postby DirtDawg » 20 Mar 2006, 09:12

PhillyJim76 wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:With the game on the line against arch-rival Korea, Byung Hyung Kim shit the bed.

Surprise surprise.

He has to be the *least* clutch pitcher I've ever seen.

*cough cough* kenny rogers *cough cough*

I hear what you are getting at but in the 3 biggest games of his life, BK has gone tits up 3 times.

The D-backs bailed him out in the World Series due to Riveria's choke job in the ninth but otherwise, he's be the biggest goat since....Mitchie the Kid in 93.

Hey, Mitchie Poo was pitching with a dead arm and was the only one with balls enough to still want the ball.

It was a great World Series and Wild Thang was pitching pretty well during it and the rest of the playoffs from what I remember.

It's a shame that it had to end with him getting punked by Joe Carter but he threw it right over the middle of the plate and Carter deposited it in the left field stands.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Mar 2006, 09:16

PhillyJim76 wrote:Hey, Mitchie Poo was pitching with a dead arm and was the only one with balls enough to still want the ball.

Finally, you made a relevant and correct point Philthy. Well done.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mister bacon » 20 Mar 2006, 10:09

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:Hey, Mitchie Poo was pitching with a dead arm and was the only one with balls enough to still want the ball.

Was the Bloody sock on that team?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Mar 2006, 10:27

mister bacon wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Was the Bloody sock on that team?

Yes, he had his face buried in a towel the whole series, showing up Mitch Williams on every pitch. What a teammate! The Sock did carry the team though.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 20 Mar 2006, 10:38

If not for Schilling (CGSHO in Game 5), Williams wouldn't have had a chance to blow it.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Mar 2006, 10:47

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:If not for Schilling (CGSHO in Game 5), Williams wouldn't have had a chance to blow it.

True. Schilling was a beast.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Snake » 20 Mar 2006, 14:23

I was thinking more about Williams' career arc after the home run, which mirrors Kim's (and Ralph Branca's for that matter). Williams was more or less a stud all the way through the playoffs until that point.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Colonel Angus » 20 Mar 2006, 22:42

Why aren't these teams' names written in their native languages on their uniforms?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Mar 2006, 22:43

Colonel Angus wrote:Why aren't these teams' names written in their native languages on their uniforms?

I believe Italy's and the Dominican Republic's were in their native language. Although, seing a giant "Nippon" would be a bit confusing.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Snake » 20 Mar 2006, 22:43

To appeal to the American TV audience? I'm bummed because I'm at my dorm and my Daisuke Matuzaka jersey is at home (yes, I actually own one from my 8th grade trip to Japan. No, I couldn't pick him out of a lineup where he was the only Japanese person).

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Colonel Angus » 20 Mar 2006, 22:47

Could you even imagine an American team wearing a jersey that said Les Etats-Unis on it or something?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Snake » 20 Mar 2006, 22:47

I do know that all Japanese jerseys use the English alphabet.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby JichaelDick » 05 Apr 2006, 14:41

Roger Clemens, on being in Anaheim during the WBC wrote:They said, ?You?ve got no chance,? I said, 'I?m going to get it tomorrow, right?? And then she goes, ?No chance, we?re going to the game.? So we couldn?t get dry cleaning done out there, but I guess the neatest thing about them was there were about 50,000 of them at Anaheim Stadium, Korea and Japan.

Roger Clemens...gotta love him.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Re: World Baseball Classic

Postby Prez » 09 Mar 2009, 14:16

Does anyone care about this?

I think if it took place after the season or in the off-season, it would be a bigger deal here in the states. The fact the many of the players and especially the pitchers aren't in top form, cheapens the whole tournament.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Re: World Baseball Classic

Postby someguysomewhere » 09 Mar 2009, 14:47

Prez wrote:Does anyone care about this?

I think if it took place after the season or in the off-season, it would be a bigger deal here in the states. The fact the many of the players and especially the pitchers aren't in top form, cheapens the whole tournament.

Couldn't care less. Wasn't even interested when we played youse guys the other day. Having this thing in the pre-season is ridix. They have to use like six or seven pitchers for every game.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to MLB