World Baseball Classic

Postby Snake » 18 Mar 2006, 04:11

TheDooze wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
jack_daniels wrote:Nah I just enjoy seeing America losing in all sorts of endeavours similar to this one.

Like guys! Remember the 2004 summer olympics!! Their basketball team lost!!! whooooooooo!!!!!!!

2004 American Olympic Basketball team=2006 Team Canada Hockey in Torino

No, not exactly. The US had never lost a gold medal cleanly before. Whereas there were seven legitimate gold medal contenders in hockey, just as there are every year. In fact, all of those teams except Slovakia has been to a gold medal game in the last three Olympics.

And there were certainly viable medal contenders in 2004, more than their ever had been before (the side effect of the Dream Team).
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby mister bacon » 18 Mar 2006, 11:44

Well, I guess the rest of the world really is catching up to us in Baseball.

They learned from watching us pretty well..
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Snake » 18 Mar 2006, 15:37

LMAO. That's beautiful.

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby MoreCowbell » 18 Mar 2006, 19:19

Theny wrote:Yeah, but that's like jumping on the Yankee's bandwagon. You already know they're gonna win, so what's the fun in that?

Welp, there goes that.. I no longer have any rooting interest in this thing.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 18 Mar 2006, 20:09

I am rooting for Cuba, they are a fun team to watch.

Its funny that the teams with the most major leaguers (Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Domincan Republic, United States) are all out. What does this mean?

Discuss.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Mar 2006, 22:42

mister bacon wrote:I am rooting for Cuba, they are a fun team to watch.

Its funny that the teams with the most major leaguers (Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Domincan Republic, United States) are all out. What does this mean?

Discuss.

As I've heard mentioned a few other places, I think there's something to the fact that at least Cuba for sure is in the middle of their season (they took an NHL-like break) so they are already in "midseason form". While obviously MLB'ers train all offseason to the point where there really isn't an offseason, I think there could be something to the fact that the MLBers timing might just not be up to speed yet.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby God Shamgod » 18 Mar 2006, 22:42

mister bacon wrote:I am rooting for Cuba, they are a fun team to watch.

Discuss.

You have to remember that Cuba is in the middle of their season. They're literally in mid season form.

It's baseball. They have plenty of talent and any thing can happen in a short series. I still believe the Dominican, US, Venzuela, PR are the most talented teams in the tournament and would have better records over the course of a long season.

They are fun to watch. Can't wait for Fidel to die and those guys hit the bigs. Looking forward to Cuba becoming Vegas on the beach.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby mister bacon » 18 Mar 2006, 22:50

Whoa, did you too plan that or something?

I agree with you guys, the Cuban team just looked way more prepared than the all the other teams they played against. Kudos to them, I hope they win.

I think its bullshit that we trade with China who, in pretty much everyones opinion, has a shitty human rights record but we wont trade with Cuba.

Fuck that... also Cubans need to be able to come and go as they please. What the fuck? this is 2006. Get over it. They are communist, no one fuckin cares.

That kinda pudgy dude they had pitching today with the big ass that closed out the game was dope..

I love how Cuba stretches out games too, and intimidates people.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby DirtDawg » 19 Mar 2006, 00:24

With the game on the line against arch-rival Korea, Byung Hyung Kim shit the bed.

Surprise surprise.

He has to be the *least* clutch pitcher I've ever seen.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Dunking Donut » 19 Mar 2006, 08:21

Me, too, Dawg. I was at a trp joint and noticed some Japanese dude went yard on the big screen. Then I looked at the replay and it was our old friend B.K.

And yes, the chicks were that bad (I posted about it on another thread).
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 19 Mar 2006, 18:03

That's hysterical. The good news about this is that maybe we won't have this during Spring Training. God was that stupid.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 19 Mar 2006, 20:32

DirtDawg wrote:With the game on the line against arch-rival Korea, Byung Hyung Kim shit the bed.

Surprise surprise.

*cough cough* kenny rogers *cough cough*
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 20 Mar 2006, 01:44

Mitch Williams syndrome man, give up something like what he did and your career is over. It's going to be really fascinating to see how Lidge does this year...

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby DirtDawg » 20 Mar 2006, 08:42

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:With the game on the line against arch-rival Korea, Byung Hyung Kim shit the bed.

Surprise surprise.

I hear what you are getting at but in the 3 biggest games of his life, BK has gone tits up 3 times.

The D-backs bailed him out in the World Series due to Riveria's choke job in the ninth but otherwise, he's be the biggest goat since....Mitchie the Kid in 93.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby PhillyJim76 » 20 Mar 2006, 08:58

DirtDawg wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:

Surprise surprise.

I hear what you are getting at but in the 3 biggest games of his life, BK has gone tits up 3 times.

The D-backs bailed him out in the World Series due to Riveria's choke job in the ninth but otherwise, he's be the biggest goat since....Mitchie the Kid in 93.

Hey, Mitchie Poo was pitching with a dead arm and was the only one with balls enough to still want the ball.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to MLB