Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Indians

Postby friskysman » 21 Sep 2005, 22:33

I just think they deserve their own thread. But while we're here, how 'bout a little love for Pronk? Think he jumps back into the MVP race with his series against the White Sox?

7 for 12, 3 BB
4 HR
10 RBI

If the Tribe makes the playoffs and the Red Sox don't, I think Hafner has to be a favorite over Ortiz. But again, it's the DH debate. No doubt, though, he threw the team on his back for this huge series. If he continues to carry them like he has, you have to give it some consideration.

But, yeah, this isn't another MVP debate. How about that Tribe?
friskysman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby kaskomm09 » 22 Sep 2005, 01:12

I was at the Tuesday game and tonights (Wednesday). I am a huge Chi Sox fan and Hafner scares the living shit outta me. I found myself fearing the worst every time he came to the plate and relieved as hell every time the bases were clear when he came up.

He's unreal. Another thing that warrants mentioning is that he missed a month bc Buehrle pegged him in the head in July. I think he's about .310/30/100 or around there right now.

Here's what I am looking forward to (especially with Papi's big surge for MVP discussion this week): (correct me if I am wrong) But didn't SD use Nash's defensive inabilities as his reason why he absolutely wouldn't vote for him as NBA MVP this past year, noting that it would be like voting a DH as MVP in baseball? Anyone else see him completely jumping ship bc it's Ortiz? It'll be interesting to see.

How many games has Ortiz played at 1B, about 8 (number of Bo Sox road interleague games, approx)?
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JohnnyDamon » 22 Sep 2005, 01:15

I love David Ortiz as much as any Sox fan. I think he's by FAR the best hitter in the game. That said, if my predictions hold up, A-Rod has to be the MVP. He's got great offensive numbers, plays a solid 3rd, and has basically been what the Yankees thought they were getting when they traded for him. I hope to Christ that the Sox make the playoffs and the Yankees don't so A-Rod doesn't get the MVP, but I would have a hard time not giving it to him right now.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Sep 2005, 08:00

JohnnyDamon wrote:A-Rod ...has basically been what the Yankees thought they were getting when they traded for him.

Satan in purple lipstick? Yeah, they called that one right on the money.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JohnnyDamon » 22 Sep 2005, 13:46

Frank the Tank wrote:
JohnnyDamon wrote:A-Rod ...has basically been what the Yankees thought they were getting when they traded for him.

Satan in purple lipstick? Yeah, they called that one right on the money.

Miroslav Satan plays baseball? What the fuck?
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby friskysman » 22 Sep 2005, 22:49

1.5 games back baby.
friskysman

Postby JohnnyDamon » 22 Sep 2005, 22:52

Glad we were able to help, friskysman :D
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby friskysman » 22 Sep 2005, 22:59

Yeah, thanks very much. I was afraid they weren't going to put up any runs for Santana. That would have been a shame to waste his effort.

Now, just give us three more of those.
friskysman

Postby JohnnyDamon » 22 Sep 2005, 23:01

God only knows we've not given the man support all year. I was stunned Jones hit the homer, to be honest. I figured we would have a Santana 4-hit, 1-run loss, where Jeff Brantley would have blamed Santana for us losing because he "pitched well enough to lose."
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby friskysman » 22 Sep 2005, 23:06

Sounds like Santana has had the same kind of luck Kevin Millwood has had for us. Difficult to lead the league in ERA and only manage an 8-11 record.

Now that you're done playing us, I wish you guys could get Hunter back. That would help in a big way. Is he done for the rest of the season?
friskysman

Postby JohnnyDamon » 22 Sep 2005, 23:08

Yeah, he's done. He tore some ligaments in his ankle, and there is a pretty large uprising among Twins fans to trade him away for a couple of good prospects. And I feel for Millwood. He's pretty much the guy that Brantley and Steve Phillips always talk about "pitching well enough to lose," a phrase that pisses me off to no end.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby friskysman » 22 Sep 2005, 23:13

JohnnyDamon wrote:Yeah, he's done. He tore some ligaments in his ankle, and there is a pretty large uprising among Twins fans to trade him away for a couple of good prospects. And I feel for Millwood. He's pretty much the guy that Brantley and Steve Phillips always talk about "pitching well enough to lose," a phrase that pisses me off to no end.

Well, sometimes I believe it, when he gives up just four basehits in a start, but they all come back to back and he loses 2-1...
friskysman

Postby JohnnyDamon » 22 Sep 2005, 23:15

Millwood hasn't had many starts like that lately, though. The Indians are, in my opinion, the best team in the American League right now. They remind me a lot of the '02 Angels, except they have better starting pitchers.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 22 Sep 2005, 23:19

They are playing very very well. The White sox have to be bitter.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JohnnyDamon » 22 Sep 2005, 23:20

I hate the White Sox more than any team in baseball not named the "Yankees." I am enjoying the hell out of this. If there were a way where neither team would make the playoffs, I would be very happy.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Next

Return to MLB