Stadiums You Have Been To...

Re: Stadiums You Have Been To...

Postby bosux » 20 Sep 2017, 12:34

dodger stadium is good...i would trow that on the ol list-e-o
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2017, 13:23

bosux wrote:dodger stadium is good...i would trow that on the ol list-e-o

I would echo bosux on this. If I do go again, I still want a french dip before the game. Went to Felipe's before the game, it was too crowded, had to pass.

French dip for dinner, dodger dog for dessert.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Sep 2017, 13:29

the cheese wrote:

I literally cannot with you.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2017, 13:38

Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:

You got something against sandwiches? Hot dogs? Overeating?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 20 Sep 2017, 13:42

the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I can't speak for Gregs, but I have something against specifically planning to (hypothetically) eat a French dip. That's easily the most whelming sandwich I've ever had.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2017, 13:43

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I can't speak for Gregs, but I have something against specifically planning to (hypothetically) eat a French dip. That's easily the most whelming sandwich I've ever had.

The place where the french dip was invented is like 50 feet away from Dodger stadium.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 20 Sep 2017, 13:45

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:

The place where the french dip was invented is like 50 feet away from Dodger stadium.

Good for them. They invented a mediocre sandwich that's never nearly as good as it sounds like it should be from the description.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2017, 13:46

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Good for them. They invented a mediocre sandwich that's never nearly as good as it sounds like it should be from the description.

So it's ok to drive four hours to stand in the rain to get over hopped fruit beers but not to stand in line 20 minutes before a baseball game to get a sandwich?

Ok.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 20 Sep 2017, 13:48

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:

So it's ok to drive four hours to stand in the rain to get over hopped fruit beers but not to stand in line 20 minutes before a baseball game to get a sandwich?

Ok.

It's fine to do whatever you want. I just don't care for that sandwich, and it would not be something I'd seek out if I was in L.A. To each his own. And ftr, I do not believe I've ever driven four hours to stand in the rain for beer.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Sep 2017, 14:13

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Ok.

It's fine to do whatever you want. I just don't care for that sandwich, and it would not be something I'd seek out if I was in L.A. To each his own. And ftr, I do not believe I've ever driven four hours to stand in the rain for beer.

Please don't let the cheese's projections hurt you.

Man, I can't wait to get to a ballgame and have some roast chicken with waldorf salad.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2017, 14:26

That sounds delightful and healthy.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby bosux » 20 Sep 2017, 14:27

i lived in los angeles for four years...never once did i feel compelled to go downtown for a french dip...and this is a guy who several times made the chili pilgrammage to the original tommys location on rampart
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2017, 14:30

bosux wrote:i lived in los angeles for four years...never once did i feel compelled to go downtown for a french dip...and this is a guy who several times made the chili pilgrammage to the original tommys location on rampart

Maybe I'll pass on the sandwich the next time I'm in LA then.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby chrisco » 21 Sep 2017, 10:16

the cheese wrote:
bosux wrote:i lived in los angeles for four years...never once did i feel compelled to go downtown for a french dip...and this is a guy who several times made the chili pilgrammage to the original tommys location on rampart

Maybe I'll pass on the sandwich the next time I'm in LA then.

Yeah I was whelmed.

Also good call on Chavez Ravine, except for how problematic its creation was. :cryingzootsuits:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby JichaelDick » 27 Sep 2017, 19:26

As you good folks know, I was in the Paris of the Midwest last night to watch my Twins' come-from-behind 8-6 win over JT, MJ, Bix, and Friskysman.

Few thoughts:
My dumb ass didn't leave the hotel until noon, and then couldn't catch a bus, so I had to shuttle to the BrookparK Station into Tower City
By the time I got to 9th Street and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it was well past time to do the two things I really wanted to (Sokolowski's and League Park)
Saying that, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was fantastic, and a good way to kill a couple of hours before a ball game
The Walkway from Tower City to the Q and the Jake was incredibly helpful, and made the journey seem fun.
The Indians team store is great. I did buy a bottle of Ballpark Mustard, which is worth the hype, btw.
For reasons I never quite understood, they didn't open the Left Field District gates until 6 p.m., for a 7:10 game. I did catz when someone nearly brained one of the staff members with a BP homer, doe.
My seats were in the bleachers, about 10 rows down from John Adams. I found it a bit interesting that he didn't drum while the Twins were batting. Maybe I just missed it???
I also didn't take up MJ on his Eliot Ness beer, which I somewhat regret, tbh. I'm sure I'd have hated it, but I'd like to have confirmation.
I'd easily recommend this park to anyone. The staff was extremely helpful and kind to me when I got in (even with me in my Twins garb), and while the park wasn't totally full, it was still quite crowded, and enthusiastic.
Byron Buxton is fun as shit to watch in center. Lindor is the same at short.
The Indians offense, 1-7, is scary. They've somehow resurrected Austin Jackson, which I thought would be impossible. Good job, Tito.
Dozier hitting the big homer was just awesome. Of all the people who did it, the guy from just across the state line in Fulton, MS, doing it with me in attendance was pretty sweet, I have to say.

TL;DR version...

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

PreviousNext

Return to MLB