Stadiums You Have Been To...

Re: Stadiums You Have Been To...

Postby chrisco » 20 Sep 2017, 07:59

The lowdown: Yankee Stadium isn't even the best MLB venue in New York; that distinction goes to the Mets' Citi Field. But if you've never taken the 4 train to watch the Bronx Bombers in action, your baseball bucket list is incomplete. While you're there, stop by Monument Park to learn more about the greatest players to play in pinstripes.

^Emma

Non-taek: MSG is not that great an arena.
Followup taek: Neither is Staples or TD North.

To me all NBA arenas are pretty much the same. The only difference is the home jersey.

To me all NHL rinks are pretty much the same. They charge $250 a ticket for some piece of shit game in December against the Wild. College hockey "barns" are even worst. Usually they are concrete slabs that can hold 4000 people and have 1500 in attendance. At least the ticket is $15.

The Rose Bowl, Wrigley, and Sawgrass would be the first 3 I'd like to check off. After that I'd probably go Montreal :19: , Camden, and the Big House.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 20 Sep 2017, 08:00

I've been to Fenway, TD Garden, Wrigley, and Yankee Stadium. I feel like I saw a concert at MSG once too, but I may have made that up. Cool.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 20 Sep 2017, 08:36

How do they not have Churchill Downs or Santa Anita Park?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Sep 2017, 08:40

I have been to Allen, Arrowhead, Bankers Life, Indy, MSG, Michigan Stadium, Ohio Stadium, Rose Bowl, Staples, Wrigley, and old Yankee Stadium, so I'm still counting it.

I've seen the actual sporting events at Arrowhead, Michigan Stadium, Rose Bowl, and Wrigley.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby chrisco » 20 Sep 2017, 08:46

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:How do they not have Churchill Downs or Santa Anita Park?

Excellent call. Del Mar or Saratoga could also go on that list.

Del Mar is freaking gorgeous. If you are there for the 3 or 4 weeks of the year they run, check it out.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby jman » 20 Sep 2017, 08:48

chrisco wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:How do they not have Churchill Downs or Santa Anita Park?

Del Mar is freaking gorgeous. If you are there for the 3 or 4 weeks of the year they run, check it out.

Especially when they have Daytona on there. FOH
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby TheWolf » 20 Sep 2017, 08:52

chrisco wrote:

I went to Saratoga once. Cool place. I had fun.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Sep 2017, 08:53

I have never been to a horse track. I am not inclined towards most gambling but I feel like that could suck me in.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Sep 2017, 09:09

Briandong79 wrote:I have never been to a horse track.

Huh. Will wonders ever cease.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Sep 2017, 09:20

Briandong79 wrote:I have never been to a horse track. I am not inclined towards most gambling but I feel like that could suck me in.

Churchill Downs is great. Agree with IMS that it should've been included.

Daytona is the site of NASCAR's biggest race so I guess I get it. It doesn't have the same history as Indy though--maybe they should've included somewhere like Darlington or Bristol instead.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 20 Sep 2017, 09:22

MisterTambourineMan wrote:

The Breeders is at Del Mar this year. Let's pretend to be some sort of consortium with serious insurance needs and get FrankCo to fund a con there. WHO SAYS NO?

If that doesn't work out, I feel like Churchill and Keeneland are a driveable con for many of us.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 20 Sep 2017, 09:25

chrisco wrote:

The Breeders is at Del Mar this year. Let's pretend to be some sort of consortium with serious insurance needs and get FrankCo to fund a con there. WHO SAYS NO?

If that doesn't work out, I feel like Churchill and Keeneland are a driveable con for many of us.

My friend goes to the Keenland races a few weeks before the Derby. He says it is more enjoyable than the Derby.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 20 Sep 2017, 09:33

mj3528 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

My friend goes to the Keenland races a few weeks before the Derby. He says it is more enjoyable than the Derby.

Everyone knows that. /horse people
chrisco
Madoff

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Sep 2017, 09:35

chrisco wrote:

Del Mar is the tits, and the Breeders is where the real money is. /horse people
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2017, 10:00

chrisco wrote:

Del Mar is the tits, and the Breeders is where the real money is. /horse people

If I had to pick one track to go to in the U.S. for some kind of weird, hypothetical bucket list trip to the track, it would be Saratoga. But after that it would be Del Mar.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to MLB