Stadiums You Have Been To...

Re: Stadiums You Have Been To...

Postby the cheese » 10 May 2017, 15:41

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I don't think Garth would make a top 100 performer list.

HEY WHOA MOTHERFUCKER WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT GARTH.

i also thought that was a bad take but i am not prepared to argue for garth brooks

I saw him...in 2013, 2014, and just missed seeing him in Dallas last month. He is the best. I, however, do not spend my weekends driving to see obscure alt country acts in the MIMAL corridor.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 30 May 2017, 10:28

The new Barves stadium is nice. They built a fake neighborhood around it with bars and a theater and shit. Inside has lots of restaurants and concessions everywhere, very little waiting anywhere. My tickets were on the home run porch, a few rows back in left field. Got those specifically because they are shaded by the 2nd level, unfortunately i was mocked by God and it was a 65 degree day with a breeze and being in the sun would have been way preferable. Barves got their asses kicked by the Pirates, Bartolo gave up 7 runs before they pulled him. All around good time.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby OJ8871440 » 31 May 2017, 01:05

SouthernYokel wrote:The new Barves stadium is nice. They built a fake neighborhood around it with bars and a theater and shit. Inside has lots of restaurants and concessions everywhere, very little waiting anywhere. My tickets were on the home run porch, a few rows back in left field. Got those specifically because they are shaded by the 2nd level, unfortunately i was mocked by God and it was a 65 degree day with a breeze and being in the sun would have been way preferable. Barves got their asses kicked by the Pirates, Bartolo gave up 7 runs before they pulled him. All around good time.

They already got the fake neighborhood built? That's been promised it's going to happen since 2008 (a year before Citifield opened)...still looks like downtown Baghdad

I think I'm going to have to wait until next year to get to the new park, it's been tough enough just getting to the home park
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 May 2017, 07:04

OJ8871440 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:The new Barves stadium is nice. They built a fake neighborhood around it with bars and a theater and shit. Inside has lots of restaurants and concessions everywhere, very little waiting anywhere. My tickets were on the home run porch, a few rows back in left field. Got those specifically because they are shaded by the 2nd level, unfortunately i was mocked by God and it was a 65 degree day with a breeze and being in the sun would have been way preferable. Barves got their asses kicked by the Pirates, Bartolo gave up 7 runs before they pulled him. All around good time.

They already got the fake neighborhood built? That's been promised it's going to happen since 2008 (a year before Citifield opened)...still looks like downtown Baghdad

I think I'm going to have to wait until next year to get to the new park, it's been tough enough just getting to the home park

Perks of building your stadium outside the city limits i guess, lots of cheap land with no crazy holdouts asking for $1,000,000 for 1000 square feet of alleyway.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 31 May 2017, 07:48

Astro Auto Body Repair? This is Met country!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 31 May 2017, 08:59

SouthernYokel wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:

Perks of building your stadium outside the city limits i guess, lots of cheap land with no crazy holdouts asking for $1,000,000 for 1000 square feet of alleyway.

I always viewed it as a shitty land grab and an over assertion of eminent domain. Was glad when Bloomberg and the IndustrioDevelopmentComplex took the L on this. The Wilpons too.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 May 2017, 09:02

chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:

I always viewed it as a shitty land grab and an over assertion of eminent domain. Was glad when Bloomberg and the IndustrioDevelopmentComplex took the L on this. The Wilpons too.

well yeah, but if you want to build the fake neighborhood around the stadium you either have to kick out the hispanic auto parts store or build in a place that is inaccessible to 30% of the residents. This is what the jerry dome hath wrought
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 Jul 2017, 17:43

I liked SkyDomeRogers Centre more than I expected. Nice with the roof open and the CN Tower right above you. We had nice seats, row 6, even with 3rd base. Nice friendly crowd. Had a couple Mill St Organic Ales which were okay but ouch CA$12 each, and a sausage which was good for ballpark food. Yorkel's Smoak monster went deep but the Sox won in extras. We left in the 8th because I had to get up at 4am for an early flight (sorry).
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 02 Jul 2017, 17:47

Rodney Farva wrote:I liked SkyDomeRogers Centre more than I expected. Nice with the roof open and the CN Tower right above you. We had nice seats, row 6, even with 3rd base. Nice friendly crowd. Had a couple Mill St Organic Ales which were okay but ouch CA$12 each, and a sausage which was good for ballpark food. Yorkel's Smoak monster went deep but the Sox won in extras. We left in the 8th because I had to get up at 4am for an early flight (sorry).

Which Jays throwback did you rock, the 93 Joe Carter or the 03 Halladay?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Jul 2017, 18:45

chrisco wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:I liked SkyDomeRogers Centre more than I expected. Nice with the roof open and the CN Tower right above you. We had nice seats, row 6, even with 3rd base. Nice friendly crowd. Had a couple Mill St Organic Ales which were okay but ouch CA$12 each, and a sausage which was good for ballpark food. Yorkel's Smoak monster went deep but the Sox won in extras. We left in the 8th because I had to get up at 4am for an early flight (sorry).

Which Jays throwback did you rock, the 93 Joe Carter or the 03 Halladay?

1985 Rance Mulliniks or GTFO.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 Jul 2017, 21:50

lots of people wearing jerseys, including lots of adults wearing baseball gloves, but only saw current players (mainly tulo, some donaldsons, joey bats). i don't think i saw any throwbacks.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JT99 » 02 Jul 2017, 23:20

They still enforcing the "hockey rules" by not allowing people to return to their seats during action? Have to wait until the half-inning is over instead.

Big fan.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Jul 2017, 06:37

JT99 wrote:

They still enforcing the "hockey rules" by not allowing people to return to their seats during action? Have to wait until the half-inning is over instead.

Big fan.

Have to wait for at bat to finish
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 05 Jul 2017, 07:11

Rodney Farva wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Big fan.

Have to wait for at bat to finish

This seems reasonable. I like the hockey rule, in general. But there's more than enough down time in baseball that making people wait until in between innings would be overkill, IMO.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Previous

Return to MLB