Stadiums You Have Been To...

Re: Stadiums You Have Been To...

Postby Goose » 26 Jul 2016, 09:52

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I remember it because it was the last time I was happy.

your first baseball game was the day before your wedding?

:lol:
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Rodney Farva » 26 Jul 2016, 15:36

Going to peep the Vermont Lakemonsters vs Brooklyn Cyclones in some red-hot NY-Penn league action on Thursday night. Color me turgid.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 26 Jul 2016, 22:12

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I remember it because it was the last time I was happy.

your first baseball game was the day before your wedding?

Noice!
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Apr 2017, 11:04

Got my ticket to see SunTrust Park on May 17th. Blue Jays-Braves. Tough to turn down that matchup.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Apr 2017, 11:04

Frank the Tank wrote:Got my ticket to see SunTrust Park on May 17th. Blue Jays-Braves. Tough to turn down that matchup.

barn burner.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 27 Apr 2017, 11:12

I'll be attending a game next week at something called Wrigley Field. Whatever that is.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Apr 2017, 11:15

Have fun pissing in a bathtub.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Apr 2017, 12:08

TheWolf wrote:I'll be attending a game next week at something called Wrigley Field. Whatever that is.

It's lovely. All the modern amenities you could ask for.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 27 Apr 2017, 12:15

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Have fun pissing in a bathtub.

I recommend pissing across the street at the Cubby Bear, where the urinals are shoulder height.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Apr 2017, 12:36

youre gonna love Wrigley, dude. Awesome atmosphere, great fans.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JT99 » 10 May 2017, 08:51

I flew out to Kansas City (via LaGuardia) on Thursday and the trip got off to a rousing start when an African-American gentlemen got into a shouting match with the Norfolk TSA.

"It ain't illegal to carry month. I travel every month, I know what I can and cannot carry."
"Sir, I am telling you what the problem is."
"There ain't no problem. I know what I can carry."
"Sir, yelling ain't going to intimidate me and that's what you're trying to do."
"And you're just trying to get in the last word. That's the problem with giving black girls some power. Yeah, I said it."

She continued to mumble something as he walked away. Feeling a bit spry, I yelled out to him, "Hey, she's still talking so she got in the last word, bro." He and I then walked and chatted for a few minutes as he spelled out the ills of black women in the workplace.

We had fun.

On to LaGuardia for an hour layover that was inconsequential except for the moment when I passed a 6-year old wearing a Spiderman costume and I yelled out "Thanks for everything, Spiderman".

Sat next to a lady on the plane who seemed nice enough as she replied to me "hello" with one of her own as I took my seat. About an hour later, when she asked the flight attendant for sugar for her coffee, the attendant replied, "you're sweet enough already, honey". Said attendant then chastised me for not jumping in and saying that compliment myself (assuming that I was dating this broad).

Later, when the attendant asked me to push my seat forward as we approached, I told her that I didn't even realize that it had gone back and that I had never pushed the button. She replied that it must have gone back on its own to which I said, "Are you calling me fat?". BAZINGA! She was flummoxed.

Anyway, I got to the hotel just fine in my rented blue Nissan Rouge.

Friday's activities involved a trip to the World War I Museum where I learned two important lessons:

1. Holy hell, the destruction that was caused and the things that generation went through. I'm not sure how any of them survived.
2. Do NOT ask any attendants any questions. Seriously, those dudes going into auto-pilot when you ask them anything and talked 5-10 minutes straight without taking a breath. It's horrifying.

"Excuse me, sir. Is there a bathroom on this level?"
"Yes, sir. This level was first constructed in 1921 after being commissioned by President Harding who himself fought in the Battle of Argonne in 1916 where he served as a staff sergeant. Originally built without bathrooms, this level was reconstructed in 1956 following a visit from Secretary of State Wilfred Ambrose who was forced to pee in a cup in the corner while on a tour. Other luminaries who have used the bathroom on this level include: President Jimmy Carter, Royals first baseman John Mayberry, and TV's own Red Buttons. You'll find the facilities at the end of the hall to your left. As you enter the hall, on your right, you will see......"

It was a bit much.

Lunch was at this place (burnt ends sandwich) which rocked my world.

Tribe lost the game, but I consoled myself by winning the stadium-wide 50-50 raffle which my sister and I split.

Woke up Saturday with nothing on the plate but the mid-afternoon's game (Tribe won), so sister and I decided to purchase tickets to Garth Brooks concert for that evening. Found reasonable tickets on viagogo and forged ahead.

However, by the conclusion of the game, no email of tickets for the concert had arrived. Therefore, we opted to drive down and grab some from scalpers. I found a pair of lovely African-American men on the street willing to part with a couple of seats. There initial offer of $60 per ticket was met with my counter of $100 for the pair which they found agreeable. Perhaps some of that money will go into some needed dental work? :beatsme:

Viagogo refunded money the next day.

The seats were not together, but we just wanted inside the Sprint Center first. Once in, sis and I reviewed seats on stubhub which had not yet sold (opening act was just finishing up). We found a trio of unsold seats a section over from where we were standing and decided to sit there knowing that they weren't going to sell. Center stage straight across the arena. Pretty mint, if you ask me.

On to Sunday where the Tribe would dominate the rubber match of the series behind a one-hit effort from the pitching staff.

My sister had to catch an uber to the airport around the fifth inning, so I spent the majority of the later innings walking around beautiful Kauffman Stadium, easily one of the top five parks in The League.

Following the contest, I ate at the renown Gates BBQ which did not live up to its reputation. Decidedly meh and a bit trashy, to be a buck.

Flight home on Monday was delayed over 90 minutes in LaGuardia which did nothing to lessen my disdain for that city and its people. Got home at 12:20 a.m., slept well.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 10 May 2017, 09:00

Great recap, Karate. Some questions/tnoughts:

1.) Do you know what this black was carrying that the other black had an issue with?
2.) Any thoughts on why he has an issue specifically with black woman in the workplace, and not woman in general?
3.) I really enjoyed the answer to your bathroom question. Particularly "Royals first baseman John Mayberry." I'm not sure why specifically, but that one got me good.
4.) Are you a Garth Brooks fan, or was this just a random spur of the moment "hey, that guy's famous; let's check him out" decision?
5.) And of course... Did you drink any goon beer?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 May 2017, 09:05

How much $$$ did you win?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby mj3528 » 10 May 2017, 09:05

Sorry about your BBQ experience. Arthur Bryant's was the play there.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby JT99 » 10 May 2017, 09:06

TheWolf wrote:Great recap, Karate. Some questions/tnoughts:

1.) Do you know what this black was carrying that the other black had an issue with? I do not.
2.) Any thoughts on why he has an issue specifically with black woman in the workplace, and not woman in general? He was "going there"
3.) I really enjoyed the answer to your bathroom question. Particularly "Royals first baseman John Mayberry." I'm not sure why specifically, but that one got me good. Thank you
4.) Are you a Garth Brooks fan, or was this just a random spur of the moment "hey, that guy's famous; let's check him out" decision? I like Garth and previously saw him in concert in the mid-90's. He is great at what he does, potentially the best live performer working today.
5.) And of course... Did you drink any goon beer? Coors Light and Blue Moon, so yes!

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:How much $$$ did you win? Over 3K

mj3528 wrote:Sorry about your BBQ experience. Arthur Bryant's was the play there. Yep, that was the original plan, but never timed out right. Q39 more than made up for the Gates fiasco.
Last edited by JT99 on 10 May 2017, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

PreviousNext

Return to MLB