Stadiums You Have Been To...

Re: Stadiums You Have Been To...

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Jul 2016, 07:11

JichaelDick wrote:
JT99 wrote:My first game was in 1975 at old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland with the three-time defending champion Oakland A's in town to take on our beloved Tribe.

I have no idea who won, but I do remember that a high throw to first base pulled Boog Powell (6-4, 230) off the bag as he had to jump for the ball. He landed on top of the runner, Bert Campaneris (5-10, 160), resulting in the A's shortstop being taken off the field on a stretcher.

I can't believe I did this, oh, of course I can, but this looks to be the game in question. Does say the play was "unassisted," but that could easily be a mistake or a high chopper near the bag thay forced ol' Boog to jump. But it's the only game I can find from 1975 where Oakland was in town and Campy left early (and he left after the play in the 5th)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams ... ores.shtml

Dude.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 25 Jul 2016, 07:17

JichaelDick wrote:
JT99 wrote:My first game was in 1975 at old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland with the three-time defending champion Oakland A's in town to take on our beloved Tribe.

I have no idea who won, but I do remember that a high throw to first base pulled Boog Powell (6-4, 230) off the bag as he had to jump for the ball. He landed on top of the runner, Bert Campaneris (5-10, 160), resulting in the A's shortstop being taken off the field on a stretcher.

I can't believe I did this, oh, of course I can, but this looks to be the game in question. Does say the play was "unassisted," but that could easily be a mistake or a high chopper near the bag thay forced ol' Boog to jump. But it's the only game I can find from 1975 where Oakland was in town and Campy left early (and he left after the play in the 5th)

That has to be it then.

I must be misremembering how the tangle up at first happened. Wonder if Campy tried sliding into first and Boog tripped onto him? Who knows now?

Good stuff, Jike.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mj3528 » 25 Jul 2016, 10:25

JT99 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

That has to be it then.

I must be misremembering how the tangle up at first happened. Wonder if Campy tried sliding into first and Boog tripped onto him? Who knows now?

Good stuff, Jike.

Like UEM, my first MLB game was at Cleveland Municipal Stadium.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE197707100.shtml

I remember being slightly disappointed that the game was against the expansion Blue Jays, but figured at least the Indians would win.

Of course, they did not win.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 25 Jul 2016, 10:40

My first was old Riverfront Stadium in Cincy, Reds v. Barves

Glavine with the win, Ron Gant solo home run, Neon Deion with a 3 run shot, fireworks after the game, GTs

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 8140.shtml
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 25 Jul 2016, 11:09

How in the F do you guys remember your first baseball games, other then Flush? Good god, you guys are liars and/or psychos.

My first game was at The Vet, I assume.

Knock it off.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Colonel Angus » 25 Jul 2016, 11:14

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:How in the F do you guys remember your first baseball games, other then Flush? Good god, you guys are liars and/or psychos.

Knock it off.

I knew that my first game was at Fulton County Stadium against the Padres on July 4th and I knew roughly what age I was at the time. With that information it was pretty easy to figure out which game it was using www.baseball-reference.com .
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jul 2016, 11:14

I thought my first baseball game was in 1977. I was wrong. It was 1979. The whole mental calendar of my youth has been thrown off.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Jul 2016, 11:15

My first game was game 5 of the 1987 world series because that's what I've been told.

Or at least, what they want me to think...
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 25 Jul 2016, 11:17

Colonel Angus wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:How in the F do you guys remember your first baseball games, other then Flush? Good god, you guys are liars and/or psychos.

Knock it off.

I knew that my first game was at Fulton County Stadium against the Padres on July 4th and I knew roughly what age I was at the time. With that information it was pretty easy to figure out which game it was using http://www.baseball-reference.com .

I knew that my first game was at Cleveland Municipal Stadium in the summer against the Blue Jays in their first year. I remembered that they lost 5-2 or 5-3. With baseball reference it was easy to find that game.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Jul 2016, 11:17

I have a Picture Day Poster from my first Cubs game, I want to say it was 86 because it was against the Expos and they still had Dawson.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby PhillyJim76 » 25 Jul 2016, 11:48

Knock it off.

These guys are nuts. Honestly you guys are all rain men or something. Or didn't go to a game until you were teenagers
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 25 Jul 2016, 12:07

Plus not all of us live in a city with a pro team so when we go see our team, hey it's a family event #sns
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Jul 2016, 12:52

yeah, i lived hours away from Atlanta. it was a 1 time thing in my childhood so it was memorable.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 25 Jul 2016, 21:40

I remember it because it was the last time I was happy.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 26 Jul 2016, 09:02

TheWolf wrote:I remember it because it was the last time I was happy.

your first baseball game was the day before your wedding?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to MLB