Baseball Prospects

Re: Baseball Prospects

Postby TVF wannabe » 05 Jul 2016, 14:56

How many of the players were given a bonus as well?

The "living wage" is $507K.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby babylurch » 20 Aug 2017, 08:20

At an Independent League game last night I witnessed the most entertaining play I have ever seen live.

High pop, appears to be foul, down the third base line. The third baseman retreats but cannot make the catch and the ball lands fair. He turns, and throws the ball to second.

Meanwhile, the ss has gone to cover third base, and the first and second basemen are covering/backing up second. However, the throw gets past both of them and ends up on the first base line.

The runner is waved around second and has a legitimate shot at scoring. Until, he simply falls on his chest between second and third. Apparently, just tripped over his own feet.

The throw from the first base line goes to third as the runner retreats to second. Somehow, there were three guys playing third when the throw came over.

It may not have been good baseball, but it was entertaining as all get out.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby bosux » 20 Aug 2017, 15:24

babylurch wrote:At an Independent League game last night I witnessed the most entertaining play I have ever seen live.

High pop, appears to be foul, down the third base line. The third baseman retreats but cannot make the catch and the ball lands fair. He turns, and throws the ball to second.

Meanwhile, the ss has gone to cover third base, and the first and second basemen are covering/backing up second. However, the throw gets past both of them and ends up on the first base line.

The runner is waved around second and has a legitimate shot at scoring. Until, he simply falls on his chest between second and third. Apparently, just tripped over his own feet.

The throw from the first base line goes to third as the runner retreats to second. Somehow, there were three guys playing third when the throw came over.

this is the game lurch is talking about

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 20 Aug 2017, 18:21

I still miss Abner Doubleday /lurch
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby babylurch » 20 Aug 2017, 19:17

bosux wrote:
babylurch wrote:At an Independent League game last night I witnessed the most entertaining play I have ever seen live.

this is the game lurch is talking about

I have played that. It is fun, except for the pitcher not having to wait until the batter is ready.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Aug 2017, 19:38

chrisco wrote:I still miss Abner Doubleday /lurch

HHahhhahahahhhhahhaha.

Hopefully Auntie Rodham doesn't delete this one.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Previous

Return to MLB