Baseball Prospects

Baseball Prospects

Postby Tecmo Bo » 02 Jun 2005, 11:20

There isn't really anyplace to discuss prosepcts here, so I thought I'd start a thread. Id on't know how many other people follow the minor leagues, but I keep a pretty fai eye on them. Some people like the Futures market on Wall Street. I like the futures in baseball.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2041449
Interesting article on the Upton brothers and upcoming draft.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby RoyalsFanatic » 02 Jun 2005, 11:34

Royals have got some pretty good prospects. Billy Butler and Justin Huber who are both in the top 20 baseball prospects. Butler is in the top 10( I think he is 6) is awesome. Hes a power hitting guy. Him and Huber will be in the majors next year.

Royals have the 2nd pick in the draft. I hope they get Upton or a good pitcher prospect.
Royals Rule!!!!
RoyalsFanatic
Poot

Postby Tecmo Bo » 02 Jun 2005, 12:00

Butler is going to end up shifting to 1B and the Royals SHOULD take Alex Gordon of Nebraska. If they don't, it's because they're going the cheapskate route.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Loneroyalfan » 03 Jun 2005, 13:24

The Royals GM has already said there going to take Alex Gordon, even if Upton is left he will want to much money and hold out, Upton will probally end up being a real good centfielder some day i know he's at short now but on Baseball America they said he will get to the pros faster as a CF, but the draft is almost rediclous though, i mean Kris Benson was an overall number one jesus. I thnk Shephen Drew is going to be horrible, i cant emeber who he just singed with but seroiusly I think Scott Boras is ruining the game, He warps these young guys minds. Who do you peeps think will be the best out of this draft?
Loneroyalfan
Chuggo

Postby Nelson Muntz » 03 Jun 2005, 13:34

Loneroyalfan wrote:I think Scott Boras is ruining the game, He warps these young guys minds.

Agreed. Boras telling Jered Weaver and Stephen Drew to hold out for almost an entire calendar year was akin to those umpires taking Richie Phillips' mindless advice and resigning. Not playing is exactly what you want to do as a 22-year old. That is also going to hurt Boras b/c now teams will be scared to draft his guys. Slug.
Nelson Muntz
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Snake » 03 Jun 2005, 13:35

Agreed. Wasn't Mike Piazza like a 62nd round pick or something? Breaking down the MLB draft is like breaking down the chances of 3-12-26-48-9-97 in the lottery.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Loneroyalfan » 04 Jun 2005, 00:52

I read somewhere that Piazza was only taken because his father was a good friend of TOmmy Lasorda and Piazza's brother is actually LaSorda's God Son, One of the best Offensive catchers of all time was taken as a favor, i bet 25 out of the first round never become all stars or even MAJOR contributers, also, Didnt Boras hold out J.D. Drew for an entire year when and made him re-enter the draft i think he was number one overall by the phillies and the re-drafted by the cardinals
Loneroyalfan
Chuggo

Postby fatty » 04 Jun 2005, 00:54

Drew was indeed drafted by the Phillies, and basically told them he wouldnt sign for any amount of money, waited until he re-entered the draft (or the traded the rights, I forget which), and ended up in St Louis. Then came to Philly for a game and was pelted with batteries. I was so happy to be there. It was hysterical.

Seriously, who fucking throws batteries other than Philly?
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Snake » 04 Jun 2005, 00:54

That would be correct. Someone should remind any team that wants to shell out a bonus that big for a first round pitcher TNSTAAPP

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby mister bacon » 04 Jun 2005, 01:02

fatty wrote:Drew was indeed drafted by the Phillies, and basically told them he wouldnt sign for any amount of money, waited until he re-entered the draft (or the traded the rights, I forget which), and ended up in St Louis. Then came to Philly for a game and was pelted with batteries. I was so happy to be there. It was hysterical.

Giants fans throw them at the Dodgers.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Snake » 04 Jun 2005, 01:04

Not anymore. Giants fans are more interested picking drunken fights now, which is probably dumb considering that fan who got stabbed last year.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby fatty » 04 Jun 2005, 01:07

mister bacon wrote:
fatty wrote:Drew was indeed drafted by the Phillies, and basically told them he wouldnt sign for any amount of money, waited until he re-entered the draft (or the traded the rights, I forget which), and ended up in St Louis. Then came to Philly for a game and was pelted with batteries. I was so happy to be there. It was hysterical.

Giants fans throw them at the Dodgers.

Yeah, well...they probably stole it :)
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Rickey Sez » 04 Jun 2005, 02:05

fatty wrote:Seriously, who fucking throws batteries other than Philly?

StrongIslanders who watch John Rocker pitch on a daily basis.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby RoyalsFanatic » 04 Jun 2005, 11:16

4-0 under Bell.
Royals Rule!!!!
RoyalsFanatic
Poot

Postby Scoring Machine » 04 Jun 2005, 12:14

If i remember correctly, didn't someone playing against the A's get a CELL PHONE thrown at them. Now THAT'S ghetto.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Next

Return to MLB