Favorite Manny Ramirez Stories, Quotes, Antics, Plays.....

Re: Favorite Manny Ramirez Stories, Quotes, Antics, Plays.....

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Dec 2008, 15:37

With Teixeira apparently headed to the Yankees, the Angels apparently uninterested, and the Red Sox obviously not willing to even talk to Manny, where is he going to land? I guess he may still wind up with the Yankees since they've got all that taxpayer money to spend on "the stadium" still. Seeing Manny have to settle for a two-year contract would be sweet.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 23 Dec 2008, 15:38

Frank the Tank wrote:With Teixeira apparently headed to the Yankees, the Angels apparently uninterested, and the Red Sox obviously not willing to even talk to Manny, where is he going to land? I guess he may still wind up with the Yankees since they've got all that taxpayer money to spend on "the stadium" still. Seeing Manny have to settle for a two-year contract would be sweet.

How about the Cubbies as a dark horse candidate? I know it was discussed in the Cubs thread, but he'd be a nice piece in the middle of that lineup.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 23 Dec 2008, 16:00

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:With Teixeira apparently headed to the Yankees, the Angels apparently uninterested, and the Red Sox obviously not willing to even talk to Manny, where is he going to land? I guess he may still wind up with the Yankees since they've got all that taxpayer money to spend on "the stadium" still. Seeing Manny have to settle for a two-year contract would be sweet.

How about the Cubbies as a dark horse candidate? I know it was discussed in the Cubs thread, but he'd be a nice piece in the middle of that lineup.

oh you think? i think we need to suspend Flush's posting rights for awhile...
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Durden » 23 Dec 2008, 16:48

have the dodgers been ruled out?
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mj3528 » 23 Dec 2008, 16:55

I know it will not happen, but I wish Manny would return to Cleveland. Those were happier times for him and the Tribe.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Dec 2008, 17:00

Durden wrote:

have the dodgers been ruled out?

No, but it sounds like they won't go above two years without coming way off the $25M/yr figure.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Rickey Sez » 23 Dec 2008, 19:27

I still think he's going to the Yankees.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby OJ8871440 » 24 Dec 2008, 03:10

Omar's always had a thing for Manny (brought up every trade deadline the past few years); I wouldn't be very shocked if he winds up in Flushing. I just can't see a LF platoon of Fernando Tatis/Daniel Murphy come Opening Day.
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby Brick Tamland » 24 Dec 2008, 17:55

C'mon Nationals!!! I'd love to see him sentenced to 3-4 years in last place.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby DirtDawg » 30 Dec 2008, 13:37

Here's one of my favorite manny stories: remember the time he forced his way out of beantown, played superbly in his new home, then lets his dickmunching agent try and negotiate for far far more than he's actually worth on a glutted free agent market?

I really enjoyed that one.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Prez » 04 Mar 2009, 07:45

DirtDawg wrote:Here's one of my favorite manny stories: remember the time he forced his way out of beantown, played superbly in his new home, then lets his dickmunching agent try and negotiate for far far more than he's actually worth on a glutted free agent market?

Manny still hasn't come to agreement with the Dodgers

The funniest part about this whole saga is that if Manny signs with the Dodgers for the reported 2 yr/45 million, he will only make 5 million more than if he hadn't been a prick and the Sox picked up the last 2 yrs of his option. Keep in mind, he also has to pay Boras 10% which equals approx 4.5 million. :lol:
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Mar 2009, 09:49

Prez wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:Here's one of my favorite manny stories: remember the time he forced his way out of beantown, played superbly in his new home, then lets his dickmunching agent try and negotiate for far far more than he's actually worth on a glutted free agent market?

The funniest part about this whole saga is that if Manny signs with the Dodgers for the reported 2 yr/45 million, he will only make 5 million more than if he hadn't been a prick and the Sox picked up the last 2 yrs of his option. Keep in mind, he also has to pay Boras 10% which equals approx 4.5 million. :.:

Boras is the best.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Prez » 06 Mar 2009, 05:56

Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby DirtDawg » 11 Mar 2009, 14:46

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Prez wrote:

The funniest part about this whole saga is that if Manny signs with the Dodgers for the reported 2 yr/45 million, he will only make 5 million more than if he hadn't been a prick and the Sox picked up the last 2 yrs of his option. Keep in mind, he also has to pay Boras 10% which equals approx 4.5 million. :.:

Boras is the best.

I think part of the stink was that Manny's deal in beantown was orchestrated by Jeff Moorad, so Boras wasn't getting paid off of it.

Boras had to have manny opt out at the end of 2008 and then sign a new deal so he could get his agents cut, which i think is only legally allowed to be 4% (or am i thinking of the NFL?)
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 07 May 2009, 10:53

My favorite Manny antic was when he got suspended for 50 games by Major League Baseball for failing a drug test.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-man ... 4894.story
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to MLB