- It was a matter of when not if the Giants would break through, I just thought it would be in the 11th or 12th deeper into the bullpen...I didn't expect the backup 3rd baseman in the 8 slot to hit a home run off someone who tallied 51 saves and gave up 1 HR in 78 appearances
- The hitting just wasn't there (Reyes-Cespedes-Grandy-Bruce 0-15 with 1 BB); Ty Kelly 1-for-1
- The hacking approach the first time through didn't help, 7 pitches each of the first 3 innings was ridiculous; my guess is Bochy probably would've gone to Samardzija in the pen if they somehow got Madison in trouble, Cueto walked out there in the 7th...I was surprised there was a pinch-hitter in there for him in the 9th before Gillaspie shattered my hopes and dreams
- Anyone who thought Thor should've gone back out for the 8th is kidding themselves...he was cooked, lucky to make it through the 7th, he was at 108 (incredible effort though)...Reed got squeezed a few times in the 8th but made it through...don't know who else Terry could've gone to in the 9th...Blevins to face the lefties??? Sure he could've done that but then Terry would be like Buck Showalter. Jeurys was the right move, just seemed like he couldn't get ahead of anyone
- I told my friend before the game I'm worried about a 2-hit shutout from Bumgarner, I was off by 2 hits
It was a good season, they didn't meet the preseason expectations but in spite of all the injuries they got this far. There's 20 other teams that would like to say they got this far.
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?