The New York Mess

Re: The New York Mess

Postby TVF wannabe » 19 Aug 2016, 11:18

A couple weeks back, I guess for the Darryl and Doc 30for30 there were a bunch of events and everyone said Doc looked real bad. Today Darryl: "When asked about Doc Gooden last night, Darryl Strawberry said, "My fear is people that don't change, they die."
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5300
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: The New York Mess

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Aug 2016, 11:27

TVF wannabe wrote:A couple weeks back, I guess for the Darryl and Doc 30for30 there were a bunch of events and everyone said Doc looked real bad. Today Darryl: "When asked about Doc Gooden last night, Darryl Strawberry said, "My fear is people that don't change, they die."


I think we talked about this in the 'box, but I still find it interesting that guys like Darling are still saying that Darryl was a huge waste of talent and him throwing it away was "unforgivable," but give Doc a pass. I have a strange theory (shocker) that because Darryl was so disliked by teammates that he made a legit effort to change and get his life right, while Doc was given so many chances that he felt no reason to.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24678
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: The New York Mess

Postby TVF wannabe » 19 Aug 2016, 11:29

I didn't watch it but I never got the feeling that Doc gets a pass. He's still blamed for 87
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5300
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: The New York Mess

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Aug 2016, 11:34

TVF wannabe wrote:I didn't watch it but I never got the feeling that Doc gets a pass. He's still blamed for 87


In Darling's book about Game 7 in 1986, he flat out states that he could never forgive Darryl for throwing it all away, but did feel for Doc because he had some "goodness" in him.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24678
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: The New York Mess

Postby OJ8871440 » 19 Aug 2016, 23:46

JichaelDick wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:I didn't watch it but I never got the feeling that Doc gets a pass. He's still blamed for 87


In Darling's book about Game 7 in 1986, he flat out states that he could never forgive Darryl for throwing it all away, but did feel for Doc because he had some "goodness" in him.


Darling also for some reason has a soft spot for Lenny and he's a scumbag

Doc did look awful; as they showed in the 30 for 30, he's been missing appearances lately...the last time they were both sober might have been 2013, one always seems to be fucked up on something while the other seems like he finally has it together

Speaking of '87, this West Coast trip is putting the nail in the coffin, I can think of only one man in orange from New York with worse numbers at the moment
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
User avatar
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 03:22

Re: The New York Mess

Postby chrisco » 19 Aug 2016, 23:56

OJ8871440 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:I didn't watch it but I never got the feeling that Doc gets a pass. He's still blamed for 87


In Darling's book about Game 7 in 1986, he flat out states that he could never forgive Darryl for throwing it all away, but did feel for Doc because he had some "goodness" in him.


Darling also for some reason has a soft spot for Lenny and he's a scumbag

Doc did look awful; as they showed in the 30 for 30, he's been missing appearances lately...the last time they were both sober might have been 2013, one always seems to be fucked up on something while the other seems like he finally has it together

Speaking of '87, this West Coast trip is putting the nail in the coffin, I can think of only one man in orange from New York with worse numbers at the moment


There's 2 guys in oorange right now...

Image

Our local city councilman put his heel mask on the other day and trucked Bill 45-0 in the council on some housing projects. Looks like Jimmy Van Bremer wants to be our next mayor.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 10843
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: The New York Mess

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 22 Aug 2016, 11:08

I don't know if this is a hot taek or not. but I agree with Dwight for being pissed at Darryl Strawberry and (probably) being disappointed with his son. Things are better kept private, I don't see how it helps someone with a problem to put it in the news and have the whole world know about it. Embarassing your friend or dad, not a good look imo.
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The New York Mess

Postby TVF wannabe » 22 Aug 2016, 11:11

Dr Jeckyll wrote:I don't know if this is a hot taek or not. but I agree with Dwight for being pissed at Darryl Strawberry and (probably) being disappointed with his son. Things are better kept private, I don't see how it helps someone with a problem to put it in the news and have the whole world know about it. Embarassing your friend or dad, not a good look imo.


I'll defer to Darryl and his son. I think they felt that its gotten so bad the only thing to do is go public and hope he gets help again. Keeping it private wont help him because he's either in denial or is in his rut and won't take help.
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5300
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: The New York Mess

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 22 Aug 2016, 11:22

TVF wannabe wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:I don't know if this is a hot taek or not. but I agree with Dwight for being pissed at Darryl Strawberry and (probably) being disappointed with his son. Things are better kept private, I don't see how it helps someone with a problem to put it in the news and have the whole world know about it. Embarassing your friend or dad, not a good look imo.


I'll defer to Darryl and his son. I think they felt that its gotten so bad the only thing to do is go public and hope he gets help again. Keeping it private wont help him because he's either in denial or is in his rut and won't take help.


I don't know...now instead of family and friends, we know about it too. I guess if it were me I would be irritated. but I hear ya...
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The New York Mess

Postby TVF wannabe » 22 Aug 2016, 11:28

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:I don't know if this is a hot taek or not. but I agree with Dwight for being pissed at Darryl Strawberry and (probably) being disappointed with his son. Things are better kept private, I don't see how it helps someone with a problem to put it in the news and have the whole world know about it. Embarassing your friend or dad, not a good look imo.


I'll defer to Darryl and his son. I think they felt that its gotten so bad the only thing to do is go public and hope he gets help again. Keeping it private wont help him because he's either in denial or is in his rut and won't take help.


I don't know...now instead of family and friends, we know about it too. I guess if it were me I would be irritated. but I hear ya...



So would I but he's different. Also he has been public about saying he's clean I'm assuming they hope the hit to his pride will help.
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5300
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: The New York Mess

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 22 Aug 2016, 20:54

way to burn bridges and lose sympathy, dwight going scorched earth: http://nypost.com/2016/08/22/dwight-gooden-declares-war-on-lucifer-darryl-strawberry/
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The New York Mess

Postby JichaelDick » 22 Aug 2016, 21:19

Dr Jeckyll wrote:way to burn bridges and lose sympathy, dwight going scorched earth: http://nypost.com/2016/08/22/dwight-gooden-declares-war-on-lucifer-darryl-strawberry/


That response is the response of a man trying to hide his addiction. Straw was right
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24678
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: The New York Mess

Postby OJ8871440 » 09 Sep 2016, 01:38

Tebow is the best prospect since Chris Gaines

Image
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
User avatar
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 03:22

Re: The New York Mess

Postby Goose » 09 Sep 2016, 14:28

OJ8871440 wrote:Tebow is the best prospect since Chris Gaines

Image


Not any worse than this first round, can't miss, 5-tool player they picked.

Image

Maybe Tebow can transform into a great GM one day.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
User avatar
Goose
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: 03 May 2006, 10:09
Location: Temple Terrace Hooters, waiting on Shamgod

Re: The New York Mess

Postby OJ8871440 » 12 Sep 2016, 22:20

No more Wally to possibly nurture Tebow

This story refutes my source that said Wally was thisclose to replacing Collins prior to the All Star break last year. Need to have a talk with that source.....
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
User avatar
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 03:22

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest