chrisco wrote:OJ#s - why is de Aza wearing an oven mitt when he runs the bases? / Real question.
Why is he starting in center? /Rhetorical question
Right now I'm much more concerned with the 11-17 start to the 2nd half than anything else. Division is over and if they don't get their shit together soon, 3 games out of the wild card is going to get a lot worse.
De Aza got hit in the hand a week ago in Detroit so they would rather him run with that so he can slide headfirst without jamming the hand again. Don't want him going on the DL with Cespedes, Lagares and Ruggiano. I saw him get hit in the neck last night; awful game, terrible weather but at least I was inside the Acela Club
for the first time. Got reservations for one of the tiers inside just off to the side of the foul pole. Food was good, stuck with the buffet instead of ordering an entree to go along with the buffet.
Now that I've tried all of the clubs
1. Hyundai (formerly Champions): much better buffet choices, free ice cream after the 5th inning, better seat location than Acela...I think it ran the guys $150/ticket. I don't know, I didn't pay
2. Foxwoods (formerly Caesars): good place to get out of the heat/cold/rain pregame or for an inning; they put in a Rao's stand back here but that's not as good as Mama's of Corona
3. Delta: decent food options, didn't try the LaFrieda Chop House my one time down here; if you're in this club then you're sitting right behind the plate i.e. the FTT section
4. Acela: the buffet options were plenty (about $100 per person after 2 drinks, dessert, tax and tip); the downside is if I have a ticket with Acela access that means I have a better view than sitting out in left field.
5. Promenade: a place to get out of the rain/cold/heat; still don't get why they built a club right behind the plate in the upper deck without a view of the entire field