ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Nov 2017, 11:11

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i feel like we can copy these comments (yes, just not first ballot) and paste them in once adrian beltre retires


Beltre is first ballot

BUT DID YOU EVER BUY A TICKET SPECIFICALLY TO SEE HIM PLAY???? CHECKMATE NERDZZZZZ


I specifically bought a ticket to see Bartolo Colon pitch, HOF 4 sure, baby!!!!



I also did this. he gave up 7 runs in the 1st to the pirates and never got to bat, which was the whole reason i went.


He only lasted one inning the game I went to, as well! Believe he topped out at 87, with no movement.


it's worth it just to see a walrus that can throw a baseball.


That's mean.

Walruses clean themselves.


I lidged. Maybe are Twins will bring him back and I'll get to see him against Houston. That should go swell!
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26111
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Nov 2017, 11:21

JichaelDick wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i feel like we can copy these comments (yes, just not first ballot) and paste them in once adrian beltre retires


Beltre is first ballot

BUT DID YOU EVER BUY A TICKET SPECIFICALLY TO SEE HIM PLAY???? CHECKMATE NERDZZZZZ


I specifically bought a ticket to see Bartolo Colon pitch, HOF 4 sure, baby!!!!



I also did this. he gave up 7 runs in the 1st to the pirates and never got to bat, which was the whole reason i went.


He only lasted one inning the game I went to, as well! Believe he topped out at 87, with no movement.


it's worth it just to see a walrus that can throw a baseball.


That's mean.

Walruses clean themselves.


I lidged. Maybe are Twins will bring him back and I'll get to see him against Houston. That should go swell!

I don't think he can swell any more

Image
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12504
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Nov 2017, 10:25

Joe Morgan chastises HoF voters to not vote for steroid guys.

He is, of course, being raked over the coals on-line.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23779
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby TVF wannabe » 21 Nov 2017, 10:37

Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5513
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby mj3528 » 21 Nov 2017, 10:46

TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9328
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Nov 2017, 10:49

mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?


If that Mice and Men Lennie motherfucker gets in....
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Nov 2017, 10:50

mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?


Image
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23779
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby TVF wannabe » 21 Nov 2017, 10:52

mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?

Vizquel isnt a hall of famer to me.

Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Trevor Hoffman*
Andruw Jones*
Chipper
Kent
Edgar Martinez
McGriff
Manny
Schilling
Sheffield
Thome
Rolen*
Johan*
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5513
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Nov 2017, 10:53

mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?

Yeah, but Thome was totally on steroids because he was big and strong and hit home runs, and that never happens naturally. Why they haven't kicked Harmon Killebrew out of the HoF just baffles me.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby chrisco » 21 Nov 2017, 11:07

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?

Yeah, but Thome was totally on steroids because he was big and strong and hit home runs, and that never happens naturally. Why they haven't kicked Harmon Killebrew out of the HoF just baffles me.


Jim Courtesy Flush Thome

Image
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12248
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Nov 2017, 12:04

TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?

Vizquel isnt a hall of famer to me.

Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Trevor Hoffman*
Andruw Jones*
Chipper
Kent
Edgar Martinez
McGriff
Manny
Schilling
Sheffield
Thome
Rolen*
Johan*

Is this who you think will get in, or deserves to?
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby TVF wannabe » 21 Nov 2017, 13:09

Dthefritz wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?

Vizquel isnt a hall of famer to me.

Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Trevor Hoffman*
Andruw Jones*
Chipper
Kent
Edgar Martinez
McGriff
Manny
Schilling
Sheffield
Thome
Rolen*
Johan*

Is this who you think will get in, or deserves to?

It's a mix, the steroid guys probably wont get in, I dont think I'd put Rolen in and I dont know that some of the others like Kent, Mcgriff and Schilling will get in.

ETA: my 10 are
Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Chipper
Manny
Edgar
Schilling
Thome
Hoffman
Sheffield
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5513
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Nov 2017, 13:26

TVF wannabe wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?

Vizquel isnt a hall of famer to me.

Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Trevor Hoffman*
Andruw Jones*
Chipper
Kent
Edgar Martinez
McGriff
Manny
Schilling
Sheffield
Thome
Rolen*
Johan*

Is this who you think will get in, or deserves to?

It's a mix, the steroid guys probably wont get in, I dont think I'd put Rolen in and I dont know that some of the others like Kent, Mcgriff and Schilling will get in.

Schilling will get in eventually, maybe not this year. Kent and McGriff epitomize Hall of Very Good.

Guerrerro missed by a few votes last year, why do you think he won't make the leap?
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Nov 2017, 13:53

Dthefritz wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?

Vizquel isnt a hall of famer to me.

Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Trevor Hoffman*
Andruw Jones*
Chipper
Kent
Edgar Martinez
McGriff
Manny
Schilling
Sheffield
Thome
Rolen*
Johan*

Is this who you think will get in, or deserves to?

It's a mix, the steroid guys probably wont get in, I dont think I'd put Rolen in and I dont know that some of the others like Kent, Mcgriff and Schilling will get in.

Schilling will get in eventually, maybe not this year. Kent and McGriff epitomize Hall of Very Good.

Guerrerro missed by a few votes last year, why do you think he won't make the leap?


Toss Rolen in the Hall of Very Good, too.

My 10:
Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Chipper
Manny
Edgar
Schilling
Sheffield
Mussina
uggggggggggggggggh Hoffman I guess

eta: Take out Hoffman, put in Walker
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: ENTER THE VORTEX: the baseball hall of fame thread

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Nov 2017, 14:02

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Quite a list this year, I think 16 people on it belong in the HOF will be intersting to see who gets in and how many people dont get in because of the quantity.


I think Thome gets in, does Vizquel?

Vizquel isnt a hall of famer to me.

Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Trevor Hoffman*
Andruw Jones*
Chipper
Kent
Edgar Martinez
McGriff
Manny
Schilling
Sheffield
Thome
Rolen*
Johan*

Is this who you think will get in, or deserves to?

It's a mix, the steroid guys probably wont get in, I dont think I'd put Rolen in and I dont know that some of the others like Kent, Mcgriff and Schilling will get in.

Schilling will get in eventually, maybe not this year. Kent and McGriff epitomize Hall of Very Good.

Guerrerro missed by a few votes last year, why do you think he won't make the leap?


Toss Rolen in the Hall of Very Good, too.

My 10:
Bonds
Clemens
Vlad
Chipper
Manny
Edgar
Schilling
Sheffield
Mussina
uggggggggggggggggh Hoffman I guess

eta: Take out Hoffman, put in Walker

I am fine with all your candidates, but damn you really don't like Thome.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron