Can we be mad at Curt?

Re: Can we be mad at Curt?

Postby mister bacon » 15 Dec 2017, 11:24

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Courtesy Flush wrote:I don't like the LAC/KC pick. I think KC may have figured things out and plus it's at Arrowhead. They're a completely different team there. I see a 2 INT game for my boy P-Riv. :-/

I like the other two picks. And I was unaware Cade McNown had made a comeback. Who's next--Akili Smith?

And yeah, Sean Lee is a huge difference maker for Dallas.

Curt: i am mad at you bc you stole my thunder here. i agree with all 3 of your picks. i don't like phil's chances of winning in arrowhead. for the saints game: 16 is a really big spread, and the jets have been decent this year.

But can you really be mad at me for agreeing with all three of my picks? Let's take a deeper dive into the true source of your anger, Dr J.

curt, you would've been a great the rapist.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 19 Dec 2017, 11:19

Curt: do you think Jer is getting a raw deal? excited about the Brother Love/Kap era, or hoping someone like Jordan swoops in?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Dec 2017, 11:26

Dr Jeckyll wrote:Curt: do you think Jer is getting a raw deal? excited about the Brother Love/Kap era, or hoping someone like Jordan swoops in?

I think it is highly unlikely Diddy/Kap get anywhere close to owning the Panthers. They'd have to come up with a significant amount of money and obtain the rest of the NFL owner group's approval. That ain't happening.

I don't think Jer is getting a raw deal based on what I've heard/read about the allegations. I get that we're in the middle of a 'guilty-until-proven-guilty' run of news lately but everything I'm hearing paints him in a really negative light. It's a shame given what he's done to get the Panthers franchise to the Carolinas but this was one of only two ways he was going to give up the franchise (with him dying being the other way). And if he'd died then it would have been a mad scramble to establish a succession plan. This was for the best in that respect.

Also, have you seen the lady the team appointed to run the franchise now? She's nice.

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 19 Dec 2017, 11:28

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:Curt: do you think Jer is getting a raw deal? excited about the Brother Love/Kap era, or hoping someone like Jordan swoops in?

I think it is highly unlikely Diddy/Kap get anywhere close to owning the Panthers. They'd have to come up with a significant amount of money and obtain the rest of the NFL owner group's approval. That ain't happening.

I don't think Jer is getting a raw deal based on what I've heard/read about the allegations. I get that we're in the middle of a 'guilty-until-proven-guilty' run of news lately but everything I'm hearing paints him in a really negative light. It's a shame given what he's done to get the Panthers franchise to the Carolinas but this was one of only two ways he was going to give up the franchise (with him dying being the other way). And if he'd died then it would have been a mad scramble to establish a succession plan. This was for the best in that respect.

Also, have you seen the lady the team appointed to run the franchise now? She's nice.

i did see her! hopefully she maintains power.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Dec 2017, 11:32

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

i did see her! hopefully she maintains power.

Mandatory Jeans Day #1 priority.

Also, I don't think I fully answered your initial post. I think someone else with local ties will swoop in and buy the team. Keep an eye on the Levine family and Bruton Smith or even someone from the Research Triangle.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Dec 2017, 12:22

Any of the minority owners close at all to 50%? If they just have to pony up a bit more money, then someone within is the most likely candidate to buy.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Dec 2017, 13:17

Briandong79 wrote:Any of the minority owners close at all to 50%? If they just have to pony up a bit more money, then someone within is the most likely candidate to buy.

Not sure about who owns what percentages but a couple of folks on this list stand out--the Belks and the Levines. They're major personalities locally along with Johnny Harris (another minority owner and local real estate power who was instrumental in bringing the PGA Championship to Charlotte) and Bruton Smith (owner of Speedway Motorsports and outside of the France family the most significant business man in NASCAR). Someone from that group is most likely to step forward.

ETA: Apparently Smith has expressed interest in buying the team as recently as last year according to this article (and it also talks about Johnny Harris).

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Dec 2017, 13:23

Is Pegula the only guy who owns an NFL team and another sports team in the same city? I think they might have made an exception for him because Buffalo wasn't a hot property (that could be total bullshit, idk). I don't think they'd sell to the guy who owns the Nascar property in town already.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Dec 2017, 13:26

SouthernYokel wrote:Is Pegula the only guy who owns an NFL team and another sports team in the same city? I think they might have made an exception for him because Buffalo wasn't a hot property (that could be total bullshit, idk). I don't think they'd sell to the guy who owns the Nascar property in town already.

Yeah but nobody pays attention to NASCAR

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby nova » 19 Dec 2017, 13:29

CourtesyFlush wrote:

I'm not surprised that Richardson was the NFL owner to go down for something like this. I was searching the other day for the article where he basically told Cam to keep his hair short, no tattoos and be a good little nigger. He's that old school of a person. And by old school, I mean terrible.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 16:45

CourtesyFlush wrote:

This lovely lady started w the organization as a cheerleader. That's some good hustle by her.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 19 Dec 2017, 16:48

Theny wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

This lovely lady started w the organization as a cheerleader. That's some good hustle by her.

better PR for the Panthers than these cheerleaders received

those were the two arressted for having sex in a tampa bathroom stall

mugshots, not as nice:

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 19 Dec 2017, 17:30

not that bad for mugshots, imo.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 17:39

Dr Jeckyll wrote:not that bad for mugshots, imo.

Yeah, 1 must've been incredible with Pom poms
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Jew Jitsu » 19 Dec 2017, 22:08

SouthernYokel wrote:Is Pegula the only guy who owns an NFL team and another sports team in the same city? I think they might have made an exception for him because Buffalo wasn't a hot property (that could be total bullshit, idk). I don't think they'd sell to the guy who owns the Nascar property in town already.

Benson owns the pelicans and the saints.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to NFL