Can we be mad at Curt?

Can we be mad at Curt?

Postby MoreCowbell » 18 Nov 2004, 01:09

Caught this on bostondirtdogs....First the comment that he would rather have Bush be re-elected than the Sox win the world series, now this:

"I don't see anybody beating them right now." -- Curt Schilling on the Steelers going all the way

I mean I know the guy is basically a god here now, but can he please shut up? He'll jump back on the Pats bandwagon when we beat the Steelers in the playoffs again I'm sure.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Re: Can we be mad at Curt?

Postby TecmoBo » 18 Nov 2004, 08:46

MoreCowbell wrote:I mean I know the guy is basically a god here now, but can he please shut up?

understand this about Curt, or G38, tampon foot, or whatever the hell else he is known by up there-- the thing he loves above all else, is the sound of his own voice- and will never, ever shut his trap
TecmoBo
Chuggo

Postby nerf66 » 18 Nov 2004, 16:12

Sure. Be mad at him for a comment about the Steelers. You can even wear your bosox world series championship t-shirt.

Tiff - take off the christe jersey and put up a couple more posts.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby Big Scary Monster » 18 Nov 2004, 18:00

He said that quote on FSN's Best Damn Sports Show Period. He was wearing a Steelers jersey and joined Tom (don't get me started) and the rest of his all-star team via satellite. Schilling said that he was a Pittsburg boy and he has been a lifetime fan.

During the World Series, there was an interview with Keith Tkachuk who was in the stands rooting for the Sox. He explained that although he plays in St. Louis, he was born in MA and was a lifetime Sox fan... I am sure everyone in Boston praised him for his loyalty.

Now they are going to lament Schilling for his. Thats a shame.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Dunking Donut » 18 Nov 2004, 18:18

I'm still high from the WS and can't let this bother me.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 19 Nov 2004, 01:52

[quote]Caught this on bostondirtdogs....First the comment that he would rather have Bush be re-elected than the Sox win the world series, now this:

Jeez Cowbell you really need to get over this whole thing, I spent the ENTIRE season listening to you fawn over The Big Shill and you turned on him on the drop of a hat, you sure your not a Lakers fan too???? 8)
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Snake » 19 Nov 2004, 02:43

The Schiller is a god on the mound. But like Karl Malone, he needs to shut his mouth after the game, nothin good comes out of it. He can self-promote all he wants, all that matters to me is that when he's got a 3-2 count on Jeter he blows him away with the high heat, and if he can do that he can say whatever he wants abot the Steelers.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 19 Nov 2004, 11:21

amen snake amen.

all that matters to me is that when he's got a 3-2 count on Jeter he blows him away with the high heat, and if he can do that he can say whatever he wants abot the Steelers.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby MoreCowbell » 19 Nov 2004, 14:56

nerf66 wrote:Tiff - take off the christe jersey and put up a couple more posts.

I dunno....I see that the next ranking would be "Yankee"....and frankly I would much rather be associated with Doug Christie than a Yankee :lol:
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Tecmo Bo » 19 Nov 2004, 15:12

Could be worse than Christie, could be Warner...
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby nerf66 » 19 Nov 2004, 18:54

Tiff, nice work. It won't be long....you'll start getting all sorts of emails from dudes that see your posts on this site.....You're too cool. My girlfriend doesn't watch sports....I spend a lot of time at the farmers market, bloomingdales, etc...possibly bed, bath and beyond if we have the time....

I just burst into flames.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby MoreCowbell » 19 Nov 2004, 19:23

nerf66 wrote:Tiff, nice work. It won't be long....you'll start getting all sorts of emails from dudes that see your posts on this site.....You're too cool. My girlfriend doesn't watch sports....I spend a lot of time at the farmers market, bloomingdales, etc...possibly bed, bath and beyond if we have the time....

I just burst into flames.

Damn I would too.....I feel so sorry for you :cry:

I hope she doesnt drag you to chick flicks too......
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Big Scary Monster » 19 Nov 2004, 20:09

Tiff, are you sure that you aren't a dude?
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Tecmo Bo » 19 Nov 2004, 20:18

Entirely possible that Tiff was being sarcastic.
If not, will she marry me?
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby MoreCowbell » 19 Nov 2004, 21:40

Tecmo Bo wrote:Entirely possible that Tiff was being sarcastic.
If not, will she marry me?

Depends, what's your favorite old school Nickelodeon game show?
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Next

Return to NFL