Put a Kaep in his Ass: That Out of Work QB Makes Me Mad!

Put a Kaep in his Ass: That Out of Work QB Makes Me Mad!

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Oct 2017, 17:06

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: The Tennessee Titans

Postby chrisco » 03 Oct 2017, 19:06

This is getting ridix. Every POS retread QB on earth gets another shot in this league.

After blowing the publicly funded stadium scam, and losing all credibility on concussions, is blackballing Kap really where the Shield wants to exhaust their goodwill with the general public? I think there's a lot less gas in the tank than the NFL thinks there is.

Also the casual fan like me is tired of hearing about this shit. Honest to Christ, plenty of shittier QBs have fallen flat on their face. Sign the guy, give him a shot, and either he sticks or he sucks, but let's wrap this story up. The longer it goes on, the worst the NFL looks.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Oct 2017, 19:14

As we know, the NFL is really great at giving a fuck about looking bad.

The teams are a business, and don't want the hassle. This isn't difficult and no, it is not a race issue, despite the braying. Colin made his choice, now he has no right to demand employment.

Good effort though.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 03 Oct 2017, 19:16

chrisco wrote:This is getting ridix. Every POS retread QB on earth gets another shot in this league.

After blowing the publicly funded stadium scam, and losing all credibility on concussions, is blackballing Kap really where the Shield wants to exhaust their goodwill with the general public? I think there's a lot less gas in the tank than the NFL thinks there is.

Also the casual fan like me is tired of hearing about this shit. Honest to Christ, plenty of shittier QBs have fallen flat on their face. Sign the guy, give him a shot, and either he sticks or he sucks, but let's wrap this story up. The longer it goes on, the worst the NFL looks.

I started out in the "The guy's not really anything special, so why do we think he deserves a job?" camp. But I'm kind of with you now. This is tough to watch, as they say. Unless there's something I don't know about and he's making ridiculous salary demands or something, then at this point there's really no good reason someone shouldn't be giving a shot, especially considering how many truly shitty QBs have jobs. I'm not calling it racist like a lot of people are, but it's clearly a political/"distraction" issue and can no longer be defended by claiming it has anything to do with his ability.

That said, it's every bit their right to decide they don't want the media circus that comes with Kaepernick. No one owes him a damn thing, so if they don't want to give him a job, they don't have to and I don't really care.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Oct 2017, 19:47

TheWolf wrote:
chrisco wrote:This is getting ridix. Every POS retread QB on earth gets another shot in this league.

I started out in the "The guy's not really anything special, so why do we think he deserves a job?" camp. But I'm kind of with you now. This is tough to watch, as they say. Unless there's something I don't know about and he's making ridiculous salary demands or something, then at this point there's really no good reason someone shouldn't be giving a shot, especially considering how many truly shitty QBs have jobs. I'm not calling it racist like a lot of people are, but it's clearly a political/"distraction" issue and can no longer be defended by claiming it has anything to do with his ability.

How dare you bring common sense into this! This is where you're supposed to thump your chest and brag about how you do YOUR job without complaining and pretend like your two situations are exactly alike.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 03 Oct 2017, 19:49

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

How dare you bring common sense into this! This is where you're supposed to thump your chest and brag about how you do YOUR job without complaining and pretend like your two situations are exactly alike.

Well I have a job. And I complain about it all the time. So you're right, our situations are nothing alike.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 03 Oct 2017, 20:11

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Well I have a job. And I complain about it all the time. So you're right, our situations are nothing alike.

Alright let's pretend that this story doesn't go away and that the NFL needs to put him somewhere, but it won't force owners with largely white fan bases to take him. In that scenario you are looking at injuries to...

1. Matt Ryan. The ATL is the most chocolate city in the NFL. Say you lose Jones, then Ryan, and the season is lost. I can see a favors for favors sitch. Whose really asking for Schaub anyway?

2. Oakland. Be tough to step on EJ Manuel's shoes if Carr goes out for the year, but I don't see the fanbase having any problems with Kap.

3. Flacco The Ravens. Saint Ray Lewis would need to make this happen.

4. New Orleans. Brees goes down, Payton is on the ropes and Iono.

5. Buffalo. If Tyrod goes down, this makes a lot of football sense thome. By the looks of 31, I think the fans would talk themselves into anything.

6. Detroit. I think I'm really really reaching. I'll stop now.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Oct 2017, 20:18

It's not a fucking race issue. Have Cam Newton throw in pig cop socks and a Che shirt, then see how quickly he gets cut.

This is why China is ahead of us.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Oct 2017, 20:18

Hhahah I got to EJ and couldn't even. It's so dumb.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby chrisco » 03 Oct 2017, 20:26

Gregs Kite wrote:It's not a fucking race issue. Have Cam Newton throw in pig cop socks and a Che shirt, then see how quickly he gets cut.

If your point is about him not being good at football, then we don't have an argument here. He's better than Savage, Yates, and name your stiff here.

If we are talking about crossing the league and owners now wanting to deal with his politics, then I agree up to a point.

The NFL changes their position on a ton of issues when it starts to affect their bottom line. The longer this goes on and shit show backups get signed when injuries happen, the more we are going to hear about him not being on a roster. If (and I'm on a message board posting speculative messages here) this gets loud enough, they will eventually relent and try to put him into an "acceptable" market.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Oct 2017, 20:33

Essentially he's not hot enough to be this much of a cunt.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 03 Oct 2017, 20:33

chrisco wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:It's not a fucking race issue. Have Cam Newton throw in pig cop socks and a Che shirt, then see how quickly he gets cut.

If your point is about him not being good at football, then we don't have an argument here. He's better than Savage, Yates, and name your stiff here.

If we are talking about crossing the league and owners now wanting to deal with his politics, then I agree up to a point.

The NFL changes their position on a ton of issues when it starts to affect their bottom line. The longer this goes on and shit show backups get signed when injuries happen, the more we are going to hear about him not being on a roster. If (and I'm on a message board posting speculative messages here) this gets loud enough, they will eventually relent and try to put him into an "acceptable" market.

I agree with you in theory until the "acceptable market" part. That's making it about race again, which it's not. Black people and Shaun King pretend it's about race, and they'll continue to do that no matter where he eventually lands if he does get a job. Putting him in a "black" market will lead to more continued fake support, and maybe even some more fake outrage along the lines of "Why can he only play in Atlanta? Look at all these other racist owners that wouldn't give the black man a shot." Putting him in a "white" market will just lead to a bunch of fat ice fishermen saying "How long till this guy blows out his knee?"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 03 Oct 2017, 20:35

TheWolf wrote:
chrisco wrote:

I agree with you in theory until the "acceptable market" part. That's making it about race again, which it's not. Black people and Shaun King pretend it's about race, and they'll continue to do that no matter where he eventually lands if he does get a job. Putting him in a "black" market will lead to more continued fake support, and maybe even some more fake outrage along the lines of "Why can he only play in Atlanta? Look at all these other racist owners that wouldn't give the black man a shot." Putting him in a "white" market will just lead to a bunch of fat ice fishermen saying "How long till this guy blows out his knee?"

So we are agreed he's going to Buffalo then?
chrisco
Madoff

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Oct 2017, 20:37

Gregs Kite wrote:Essentially he's not hot enough to be this much of a cunt.

You just compared him to a former MVP for some piss poor example. Here's your leg to stand on: (file not found)

Again: I got to EJ and couldn't continue. It's beyond stupid.

(let's wait for beyond stupid's reaponse)
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 03 Oct 2017, 20:38

That leaves the Titans with Matt Cassel, who is simply not that great at this stage of his career.

“at this stage of his career” :-s

I agree, it was quite a glorious run but his best days are behind him.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Next

Return to NFL