2017 NFL Draft

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 06 Mar 2017, 14:39

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The TE class is going to be sneaky great.


But why?


Had a spirited debate with friends about drafting Joe Mixon. One was like "wait, just yesterday you guys were bashing AP, now you'd want to take this asshole who decked a girl?" I said he deserved a second chance damnit! and that he's 20 and could be had for a second round contract.

Football fans: we're awful people.


They had like 7 TE prospects test out at under 4.6 40s. I think very few teams in college use the TE properly.

Look at OJ Howard from Bama. He disappeared for most of his college career except for 2 games against Clemson. Do you draft him on that or his performance over the rest of his career? Mocks have him as a consensus first rounder.


If he lands in the right locker room, he'll be fine.



This has absolutely no right being funny yet here I am cackling away. It's the little things, I guess.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11085
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby JichaelDick » 06 Mar 2017, 22:15

Briandong79 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The TE class is going to be sneaky great.


But why?


Had a spirited debate with friends about drafting Joe Mixon. One was like "wait, just yesterday you guys were bashing AP, now you'd want to take this asshole who decked a girl?" I said he deserved a second chance damnit! and that he's 20 and could be had for a second round contract.

Football fans: we're awful people.


They had like 7 TE prospects test out at under 4.6 40s. I think very few teams in college use the TE properly.


Evan Engram is gonna be a monster for someone. And, a rare Ole Miss stud that wasn't paid 6 figures to come (max $50,000 for a 3-star guy)
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24721
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Mar 2017, 09:16

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The TE class is going to be sneaky great.


But why?


Had a spirited debate with friends about drafting Joe Mixon. One was like "wait, just yesterday you guys were bashing AP, now you'd want to take this asshole who decked a girl?" I said he deserved a second chance damnit! and that he's 20 and could be had for a second round contract.

Football fans: we're awful people.


They had like 7 TE prospects test out at under 4.6 40s. I think very few teams in college use the TE properly.

Look at OJ Howard from Bama. He disappeared for most of his college career except for 2 games against Clemson. Do you draft him on that or his performance over the rest of his career? Mocks have him as a consensus first rounder.


If he lands in the right locker room, he'll be fine.



This has absolutely no right being funny yet here I am cackling away. It's the little things, I guess.


It was funny. Intentionally Funny Ball is like a harvest moon.

Garrett had a great combine but i would pick Watson 1st unless i was the Colts trading up or otherwise 100% set at qb. I worry about the knee but hes a solid bet.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28046
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Mar 2017, 09:46

Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 28697
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Mar 2017, 09:49

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


Do you think Garrett can thrive under Jackson's system? Please take into account how high he jumped at the combine.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20341
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Mar 2017, 09:59

Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


Do you think Garrett can thrive under Jackson's system? Please take into account how high he jumped at the combine.


Image

Cool, he's taller than a guy who plays a different position.
Nice, he's heavier than a guy that plays a different position.
He has a faster 10 yard split than a running back, whatever the hell a 10 yard split is.
He has a faster 40 than some guy that had a pulled hamstring when he was clocked. Also at a different position.

Draft this freak!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 28697
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby CourtesyFlush » 08 Mar 2017, 10:01

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


Do you think Garrett can thrive under Jackson's system? Please take into account how high he jumped at the combine.


Image

Cool, he's taller than a guy who plays a different position.
Nice, he's heavier than a guy that plays a different position.
He has a faster 10 yard split than a running back, whatever the hell a 10 yard split is.
He has a faster 40 than some guy that had a pulled hamstring when he was clocked. Also at a different position.

Draft this freak!

You realize his 10/40 times are faster than SKILL position players, right?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13420
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Mar 2017, 10:02

CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


Do you think Garrett can thrive under Jackson's system? Please take into account how high he jumped at the combine.


Image

Cool, he's taller than a guy who plays a different position.
Nice, he's heavier than a guy that plays a different position.
He has a faster 10 yard split than a running back, whatever the hell a 10 yard split is.
He has a faster 40 than some guy that had a pulled hamstring when he was clocked. Also at a different position.

Draft this freak!

You realize his 10/40 times are faster than SKILL position players, right?


Image
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20341
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Mar 2017, 10:09

Gregs Kite wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


Do you think Garrett can thrive under Jackson's system? Please take into account how high he jumped at the combine.


Image

Cool, he's taller than a guy who plays a different position.
Nice, he's heavier than a guy that plays a different position.
He has a faster 10 yard split than a running back, whatever the hell a 10 yard split is.
He has a faster 40 than some guy that had a pulled hamstring when he was clocked. Also at a different position.

Draft this freak!

You realize his 10/40 times are faster than SKILL position players, right?


Image


Its irrelevant. IMO.

Also, I am sure I am heavier than most of the DBs in the league. I should probably be signed any day to a squad.

The internet makes me hate everything. Someone on Twitter posted that Garrett pic, because it proves he will be the best DLineman in history. I immediately want him to fail.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 28697
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 Mar 2017, 10:15

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


ignoring all his combine numbers, if he projects as an all-pro edge rusher (i have no idea about his game) then they definitely can justify taking him over the QB poo poo platter this year. unless they get a great trade offer.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 23900
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Mar 2017, 10:18

Rodney Farva wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


ignoring all his combine numbers, if he projects as an all-pro edge rusher (i have no idea about his game) then they definitely can justify taking him over the QB poo poo platter this year. unless they get a great trade offer.


We'll have to agree to disagree.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 28697
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 08 Mar 2017, 10:22

Rodney Farva wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


ignoring all his combine numbers, if he projects as an all-pro edge rusher (i have no idea about his game) then they definitely can justify taking him over the QB poo poo platter this year. unless they get a great trade offer.


Yeah, Ball is off track on this one. If there's a Luck, you pick Luck. If not, best available. Garrett is myles ahead of every other prospect.

SouthernYokel wrote:It was funny. Intentionally Funny Ball is like a harvest moon.


TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11085
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Mar 2017, 10:25

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Yeah, i cannot imagine taking a DE or whatever this Garrett is when they need a QB that badly. NFL Players are a dime a dozen except QBs. Look at that OT they have, Joe Thomas. Dont people say he's gonna be a hall of famer? Awesome, they win 4 games a year.


ignoring all his combine numbers, if he projects as an all-pro edge rusher (i have no idea about his game) then they definitely can justify taking him over the QB poo poo platter this year. unless they get a great trade offer.


We'll have to agree to disagree.


Dude, never forget:

Image

BEAST
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20341
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Mar 2017, 10:26

he was really good this year!
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28046
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 08 Mar 2017, 10:27

SouthernYokel wrote:he was really good this year!


beat me to it
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11085
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

PreviousNext

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest