2017 NFL Draft

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 20 Apr 2017, 14:38

SouthernYokel wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Josh Dobbs should 100% be drafted ahead of Mitchell Trubisky. Taking either of them in the 1st round is probably a bad idea but Dobbs has way more talent.

I wouldn't touch either with a 10 ft pole


i mean, in the 3rd round over some nameless Big 10 OL guy? When i don't have a top 15 QB on the roster? Sure i'll give either of them a shot, and i would want Dobbs 1st.

I'd probably wait 4th or 5th, but other than that yeah, plus you can always try to convert Dobbs to WR! Trubisky only converts to clipboard holder
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 11887
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby God Shamgod » 21 Apr 2017, 09:41

Dobbs is EJ Manuel all over again. Beware of the 4th rounder who interviews himself into the 1st round.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5614
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Apr 2017, 10:07

God Shamgod wrote:Dobbs is EJ Manuel all over again. Beware of the 4th rounder who interviews himself into the 1st round.


Probably, but Trubisky is Jimmy Clausen so the correct choice remains Dobbs
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29308
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Apr 2017, 10:23

SouthernYokel wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:Dobbs is EJ Manuel all over again. Beware of the 4th rounder who interviews himself into the 1st round.


Probably, but Trubisky is Jimmy Clausen so the correct choice remains Dobbs


Was thinking about this on the way to court this morning. Has the trade back into the late first round for a QB move ever worked? Brady Quinn, Tebow, I think JP Losman was one.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30554
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby God Shamgod » 21 Apr 2017, 10:31

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:Dobbs is EJ Manuel all over again. Beware of the 4th rounder who interviews himself into the 1st round.


Probably, but Trubisky is Jimmy Clausen so the correct choice remains Dobbs


Was thinking about this on the way to court this morning. Has the trade back into the late first round for a QB move ever worked? Brady Quinn, Tebow, I think JP Losman was one.


Teddy seemed to be a decent pick before he snapped his leg.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5614
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Apr 2017, 10:33

God Shamgod wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:Dobbs is EJ Manuel all over again. Beware of the 4th rounder who interviews himself into the 1st round.


Probably, but Trubisky is Jimmy Clausen so the correct choice remains Dobbs


Was thinking about this on the way to court this morning. Has the trade back into the late first round for a QB move ever worked? Brady Quinn, Tebow, I think JP Losman was one.


Teddy seemed to be a decent pick before he snapped his leg.


too soon


Jim Druckenmiller? I know that's not true I just wanted to type Jim Druckenmiller.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12463
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Apr 2017, 10:33

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:Dobbs is EJ Manuel all over again. Beware of the 4th rounder who interviews himself into the 1st round.


Probably, but Trubisky is Jimmy Clausen so the correct choice remains Dobbs


Was thinking about this on the way to court this morning. Has the trade back into the late first round for a QB move ever worked? Brady Quinn, Tebow, I think JP Losman was one.


Teddy seemed to be a decent pick before he snapped his leg.


too soon


Jim Druckenmiller? I know that's not true I just wanted to type Jim Druckenmiller.


Yup, Teddy was my only one I could think of (I love Teddy) but obviously the Football Gods struck him down because they wanted this pattern to continue.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30554
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby JT99 » 21 Apr 2017, 10:47

If, off the top of your head, you can remember quarterbacks who were drafted after someone traded back, you have lost the right to call anyone else here a "psycho". IJS.

Still <3 all of you.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9391
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby TheWolf » 24 Apr 2017, 07:27

JT99 wrote:If, off the top of your head, you can remember quarterbacks who were drafted after someone traded back, you have lost the right to call anyone else here a "psycho". IJS.

Still <3 all of you.


It's nice to see someone else acknowledge that this is insane. TY, Karate.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 17485
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Apr 2017, 08:23

If you just think of QBs that are drafted late in the first round, you can generally assume that they are a trade back in team because playoff teams don't generally need QBs. Rodgers is the only late 1st I can think of off the top of my head that I know for a fact wasn't a trade back in.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30554
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Apr 2017, 08:25

Briandong79 wrote:If you just think of QBs that are drafted late in the first round, you can generally assume that they are a trade back in team because playoff teams don't generally need QBs. Rodgers is the only late 1st I can think of off the top of my head that I know for a fact wasn't a trade back in.


if a QB wasn't drafted #1 or in the 6th round, i do not know where he was drafted.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29308
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Apr 2017, 08:27

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:If you just think of QBs that are drafted late in the first round, you can generally assume that they are a trade back in team because playoff teams don't generally need QBs. Rodgers is the only late 1st I can think of off the top of my head that I know for a fact wasn't a trade back in.


if a QB wasn't drafted #1 or in the 6th round, i do not know where he was drafted.


Well, Quinn and Tebow were two of the most high profile college guys of our life. I remember Losman because I have a friend who was convinced when that happened that they were going to dominate. :beatsme:
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30554
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby TheWolf » 24 Apr 2017, 08:29

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:If you just think of QBs that are drafted late in the first round, you can generally assume that they are a trade back in team because playoff teams don't generally need QBs. Rodgers is the only late 1st I can think of off the top of my head that I know for a fact wasn't a trade back in.


if a QB wasn't drafted #1 or in the 6th round, i do not know where he was drafted.


I know Rodgers was late first because I remember it being a story that Alex Smith went first and then Rodgers just kept falling. And I know Tebow was late first because it was hilarious that he got drafted in the first round.

But yeah, otherwise I agree with Yokel.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 17485
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Apr 2017, 08:30

ok i do remember Tebow getting drafted in the 1st round but only because that was covered with the zeal of a presidential election by ESPN and also because it was hilarious.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29308
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: 2017 NFL Draft

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Apr 2017, 08:31

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:If you just think of QBs that are drafted late in the first round, you can generally assume that they are a trade back in team because playoff teams don't generally need QBs. Rodgers is the only late 1st I can think of off the top of my head that I know for a fact wasn't a trade back in.


if a QB wasn't drafted #1 or in the 6th round, i do not know where he was drafted.


I know Rodgers was late first because I remember it being a story that Alex Smith went first and then Rodgers just kept falling. And I know Tebow was late first because it was hilarious that he got drafted in the first round.

But yeah, otherwise I agree with Yokel.


More disrespect.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Image



ETA: To go to more draft talk, here's the consensus big board which uses 40 mock drafts to create the order:
http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/t ... -rankings/
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30554
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

PreviousNext

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest