Luther Van Dam's Coaching Smackdown

Re: Luther Van Dam's Coaching Smackdown

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Dec 2013, 08:14

Schemes and sets.

ok.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Theny » 27 Dec 2013, 09:38

Kite must only watch knick games.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Dec 2013, 09:57

I think we are consistently ranking hockey low because we as a group probably know the least about it. Juggling lines, having to adjust lineups on the fly, managing minutes, there's probably more minute by minute changes there than just about any sport.

Zach Lowe has made me believe that NBA coaches have a shit ton to do.

I'd probably say:

Football
Basketball
Hockey
Baseball
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby bosux » 27 Dec 2013, 10:04

if we are talking head coaches and in-game then football can't be that tough...guy has assistants for every facet of the game
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Theny » 27 Dec 2013, 10:04

Briandong79 wrote:I think we are consistently ranking hockey low because we as a group probably know the least about it. Juggling lines, having to adjust lineups on the fly, managing minutes, there's probably more minute by minute changes there than just about any sport.

I'd probably say:

Football
Basketball
Hockey
Baseball

Agreed with that list.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Dec 2013, 10:05

Theny wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I think we are consistently ranking hockey low because we as a group probably know the least about it. Juggling lines, having to adjust lineups on the fly, managing minutes, there's probably more minute by minute changes there than just about any sport.

I'd probably say:

Football
Basketball
Hockey
Baseball

Agreed with that list.

I would imagine hockey coaches do the most, but no one has any idea what they do really. Otherwise, i agree with this list.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Dec 2013, 10:06

bosux wrote:if we are talking head coaches and in-game then football can't be that tough...guy has assistants for every facet of the game

Yeah, all they do is throw the damn red hankie. Or try to ice the kicker at the end of the game.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SDGuy » 27 Dec 2013, 11:01

Theny wrote:

I'd probably say:

Football
Basketball
Hockey
Baseball

Agreed with that list.

I agree as well. Zach Lowe has made me a believer.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 Jan 2014, 05:49

uncle rodney rates the attactiveness of this year's open positions:

1. houston - some question of health of RBs and you don't have the worse record in the league by accident, but there is lots of talent on both sides of the ball. top pick in the draft should solve the QB situation, patient non-meddlesome owner, no state income tax. apparently this year's glamor candidate bill o'brien has locked this down.

2. detroit - some good talent to work with. apparently the salary cap situation isn't so great. ownership was patient with last coach. gotta live in the detroit area doe.

3. tampa - showed some signs of progress second half of the season and there is some talent here plus in good shape as far as the salary cap. florida weather, no state income tax. depends on who comes in as GM and whether a coach would get some say in personnel decisions. ownership group relatively poor by distracted by running man u. i'm not sold on the QB as a long-term answer. have to stay out of the locker room as much as possibly to avoid contracting a nasty skin disease. supposebly lovie smiff gets teh job and he doesn't exactly have a great history on the offensive side of the ball.

4. minnesota - a writer on SI made a mildly convincing argument that under the wilf bros this is the biggest horror show in the nfl, along the lines of "when everyone talks about how disfunctional cleveland is i think they actually mean minnesota." ouch! AP can't get it done alone. this does not look like an environment that would be attractive to a really strong candidate but there aren't all that many great coaches waiting around to be hired these days so probably have to play rising coordinator roulette and hope for the best.

5. washington - prima donna QB who has mouf of prima donna owner wrapped around his nob. bruce allen stepping up to claim he's in charge of player personnel even though he doesn't really have a track record. rabid fan base of morans with completely unrealistic expectations. you have to live in outer suburbs of northern virginia. did i mention dan snyder is the owner?

6. creverand - they gave the last guy a whole year before canning him, moran owner could be led away in handcuffs any day now, shitty roster and may be drafting a few slots too low to solve the QB shitshow. rabid fan base of morans with completely unrealistic expectations. you have to live in northern ohio. did i mention jimmy haslem is the owner?

if munchak gets canned in tennessee they probably slot into 3rd, maybe 4th.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Jew Jitsu » 01 Jan 2014, 21:03

Shitty roster? 5 pro bowlers beg to differ
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Jan 2014, 21:28

Jew Jitsu wrote:Shitty roster? 5 pro bowlers beg to differ

You're going to use pro bowlers as your argument? With a straight face?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 Jan 2014, 06:10

ok, they have joe thomas, that young TE looked good, and gordon is the tits. the center is good but needs to get paid and shitty teams should probably be spending their coin elsewhere than center.

supposebly you get gus malzahn or james franklin as the HC and jim schwartz as the D coordinator.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Jan 2014, 10:02

When it came out that BOB was taking the Houston job, I was at a wedding with a ton of Penn Staters. I asked one about it, and he said that he thought Houston was the best job. I told him I disagreed, and that Cleveland was the best job.

Good story.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby nova » 02 Jan 2014, 10:17

Rodney Farva wrote:uncle rodney rates the attactiveness of this year's open positions:

1. houston - some question of health of RBs and you don't have the worse record in the league by accident, but there is lots of talent on both sides of the ball. top pick in the draft should solve the QB situation, patient non-meddlesome owner, no state income tax. apparently this year's glamor candidate bill o'brien has locked this down.

2. detroit - some good talent to work with. apparently the salary cap situation isn't so great. ownership was patient with last coach. gotta live in the detroit area doe.

3. tampa - showed some signs of progress second half of the season and there is some talent here plus in good shape as far as the salary cap. florida weather, no state income tax. depends on who comes in as GM and whether a coach would get some say in personnel decisions. ownership group relatively poor by distracted by running man u. i'm not sold on the QB as a long-term answer. have to stay out of the locker room as much as possibly to avoid contracting a nasty skin disease. supposebly lovie smiff gets teh job and he doesn't exactly have a great history on the offensive side of the ball.

4. minnesota - a writer on SI made a mildly convincing argument that under the wilf bros this is the biggest horror show in the nfl, along the lines of "when everyone talks about how disfunctional cleveland is i think they actually mean minnesota." ouch! AP can't get it done alone. this does not look like an environment that would be attractive to a really strong candidate but there aren't all that many great coaches waiting around to be hired these days so probably have to play rising coordinator roulette and hope for the best.

5. washington - prima donna QB who has mouf of prima donna owner wrapped around his nob. bruce allen stepping up to claim he's in charge of player personnel even though he doesn't really have a track record. rabid fan base of morans with completely unrealistic expectations. you have to live in outer suburbs of northern virginia. did i mention dan snyder is the owner?

6. creverand - they gave the last guy a whole year before canning him, moran owner could be led away in handcuffs any day now, shitty roster and may be drafting a few slots too low to solve the QB shitshow. rabid fan base of morans with completely unrealistic expectations. you have to live in northern ohio. did i mention jimmy haslem is the owner?

if munchak gets canned in tennessee they probably slot into 3rd, maybe 4th.

I think you could make the argument that the jobs after Detroit are virtually interchangeable. Yes, Florida has nice weather and no state income tax...but aren't the Bucs owners a bunch of fuck ups? Plus, it's Tampa; the Baltimore of the Gulf coast. Not exactly Biscayne Bay.

Washington, Detroit and presumably Houston are the only teams on this list with long term options at quarterback. Even if Tennessee's job comes open, they're down toward the bottom because their offense is very meh with Jake Locker.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby jman » 02 Jan 2014, 10:55

with as offensively focused as the NFL is I can't for the life of me figure out why Lovie Smith would be considered for another head coaching job, other than the Rooney Rule obviously. Just about every aspect of the offense sucked the big one while he was in Chicago except the running game and that was only because they fell ass-backward into Matt Forte.
jman
Another dude worth meeting

PreviousNext

Return to NFL