Luther Van Dam's Coaching Smackdown

Re: Luther Van Dam's Coaching Smackdown

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 Jan 2014, 11:28

jman wrote:with as offensively focused as the NFL is I can't for the life of me figure out why Lovie Smith would be considered for another head coaching job, other than the Rooney Rule obviously. Just about every aspect of the offense sucked the big one while he was in Chicago except the running game and that was only because they fell ass-backward into Matt Forte.

That defense is going to be legit with Revis, Lavonte David, and a good DL. Get another WR to pare with VJax, hope Glennon improves in year 2 with Doug Martin back and they're sniffing 8-8 easily.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby jman » 02 Jan 2014, 11:47

CourtesyFlush wrote:
jman wrote:with as offensively focused as the NFL is I can't for the life of me figure out why Lovie Smith would be considered for another head coaching job, other than the Rooney Rule obviously. Just about every aspect of the offense sucked the big one while he was in Chicago except the running game and that was only because they fell ass-backward into Matt Forte.

That defense is going to be legit with Revis, Lavonte David, and a good DL. Get another WR to pare with VJax, hope Glennon improves in year 2 with Doug Martin back and they're sniffing 8-8 easily.

the fans will need to get used to 8-8 because that's likely where they'll be for a long time. 8-8 record, strings of extremely mediocre to bad QBs and WRs, and a good defense
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Jew Jitsu » 02 Jan 2014, 17:48

Gregs Kite wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Shitty roster? 5 pro bowlers beg to differ

You're going to use pro bowlers as your argument? With a straight face?

Hey it's not perfect but it's simple enough to count for something. You got a better idea?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby JichaelDick » 03 Jan 2014, 02:32

jman wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

the fans will need to get used to 8-8 because that's likely where they'll be for a long time. 8-8 record, strings of extremely mediocre to bad QBs and WRs, and a good defense

Wasn't that pretty much the Bears this year, only with the roles reversed with a shitty D and a damn good O? I mean, I think Trestman's good, don't get me wrong, but Lovie's 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than Schiano.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby jman » 03 Jan 2014, 09:06

JichaelDick wrote:
jman wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Wasn't that pretty much the Bears this year, only with the roles reversed with a shitty D and a damn good O? I mean, I think Trestman's good, don't get me wrong, but Lovie's 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than Schiano.

Fair enough. Except with Lovie the deficient offense went on year after year during his time as coach. Trestman just finished year 1 so we'll see what he can do with the awful defense. And yes Lovie is a pretty good coach and not an asshole like Schiano was, I just don't think he has a clue about offense. Which is why I'm wondering why he's getting another crack at head coach in a league where you pretty much need to score 30+ points to win a game anymore.
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby God Shamgod » 28 Dec 2014, 19:54

Seen a lot of butthurt among NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE media about Hairyballs taking the Michigan job. It just eludes them how anyone could disrespect the shield by taking a college job.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Dec 2014, 20:29

God Shamgod wrote:Seen a lot of butthurt among NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE media about Hairyballs taking the Michigan job. It just eludes them how anyone could disrespect the shield by taking a college job.

Show your work.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 29 Dec 2014, 10:31

Gregs Kite wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:Seen a lot of butthurt among NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE media about Hairyballs taking the Michigan job. It just eludes them how anyone could disrespect the shield by taking a college job.

Show your work.

Also, the Harbaugh situation showed that these NFL Insiders really know nothing. They were all reporting up until late last week that Harbaugh was going to stay in the NFL.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Dec 2014, 10:33

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Show your work.

Also, the Harbaugh situation showed that these NFL Insiders really know nothing. They were all reporting up until late last week that Harbaugh was going to stay in the NFL.

I laughed at someone who tweeted that Pete Carroll is going to go coach at Maryland out of spite now.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Rodney Farva » 06 Jan 2015, 13:42

i can't figure out whether this is a joke or planted by the shanahan's agent
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 13 Jan 2015, 08:24

I find it hilarious that John Fox was let go, yet Jack Del Rio is the leading candidate to get the Raiders HC gig and Adam Gase was getting mentioned as a possible HC elsewhere. WTF is going on there in Denver...
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Jan 2015, 08:36

CourtesyFlush wrote:I find it hilarious that John Fox was let go, yet Jack Del Rio is the leading candidate to get the Raiders HC gig and Adam Gase was getting mentioned as a possible HC elsewhere. WTF is going on there in Denver...

lol...i was not aware of this.

Jack Del Rio is a kick ass DC. I dunno about head coaching. Though he did have a couple years there at Jacksonville, which...it's Jacksonville...maybe he's a pretty good head coach and he got a shitty deal the first time around. Anyway, that leather jacket - smooth.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby ONTB » 13 Jan 2015, 09:05

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:I find it hilarious that John Fox was let go, yet Jack Del Rio is the leading candidate to get the Raiders HC gig and Adam Gase was getting mentioned as a possible HC elsewhere. WTF is going on there in Denver...

lol...i was not aware of this.

Jack Del Rio is a kick ass DC. I dunno about head coaching. Though he did have a couple years there at Jacksonville, which...it's Jacksonville...maybe he's a pretty good head coach and he got a shitty deal the first time around. Anyway, that leather jacket - smooth.

There was a writer on Dan Patrick yesterday, Mark Kiszla I think, and he suggested John Fox was the one floating the stories to the media about him leaving (or potentially being fired) by the Broncos. This was before they officially parted ways. The intimation being, Fox wanted to let other teams know he could be available-- particularly Chicago and Atlanta. Also, he suggested none of the assistant coaches expected to be back next year anyway, with both Del Rio and Gase targeting head coaching jobs.

I think the underlying tone of the whole thing was that Elway, Manning and Fox were not getting along very well this season.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 13 Jan 2015, 09:09

You mean John Fox wormed his way out of town when he was no longer interesting in being the coach of his current team? Seems like we've seen that before...

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Mar 2017, 14:20

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NFL