The London Jaguars

Re: The London Jaguars

Postby ctz31 » 07 Jan 2018, 23:44

The scrambling was infuriating but not surprising. It's been all year. Someone at the ringer do an article on abs scrambling against the bills. Whatever scheme they run always leaves the middle wide open for the qb to run when the pocket starts to collapse. I'm not smart enough to figure out why but it's annoying. "Pressure! Get him! Sack! Oof 13 TD gain"
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 15 Jan 2018, 11:10

What exactly is Tom Coughlin's role on this team? People keep saying things like "a Tom Coughlin-led team" as if it's relevant because he was the Giants' coach in those Super Bowls. Isn't he a front office/personnel guy? Does he actually have anything to do with game plans and play-calling and stuff?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 15 Jan 2018, 11:12

TheWolf wrote:What exactly is Tom Coughlin's role on this team? People keep saying things like "a Tom Coughlin-led team" as if it's relevant because he was the Giants' coach in those Super Bowls. Isn't he a front office/personnel guy? Does he actually have anything to do with game plans and play-calling and stuff?

i dunno, but i look forward to patriot fan whining after coughlin gets one over on you AGAIN.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Jan 2018, 11:14

Jags should hire Eli and put him in a Bortles jersey.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JichaelDick » 15 Jan 2018, 11:15

TheWolf wrote:What exactly is Tom Coughlin's role on this team? People keep saying things like "a Tom Coughlin-led team" as if it's relevant because he was the Giants' coach in those Super Bowls. Isn't he a front office/personnel guy? Does he actually have anything to do with game plans and play-calling and stuff?

This is from a New York Times article Saturday...

Coughlin and Marrone have a long history that centers on Syracuse, where they each played and coached. Nearly 20 years younger than his boss, Marrone sees Coughlin as a mentor, not a threat. He shares his game plans with Coughlin, who attends practices and will pull players aside to deliver instruction.

Commenting on Coughlin after the regular-season finale, Marrone said he had learned more in the past year from his boss than ever, on topics including running a practice, scheduling and dealing with players.

So, while Coughlin is the front office guy, it seems like Marrone leans on him for a lot of the administrative stuff and almost certainly picks his brain for scouting reports.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby ctz31 » 15 Jan 2018, 11:17

JichaelDick wrote:

Coughlin and Marrone have a long history that centers on Syracuse, where they each played and coached. Nearly 20 years younger than his boss, Marrone sees Coughlin as a mentor, not a threat. He shares his game plans with Coughlin, who attends practices and will pull players aside to deliver instruction.

Commenting on Coughlin after the regular-season finale, Marrone said he had learned more in the past year from his boss than ever, on topics including running a practice, scheduling and dealing with players.

So, while Coughlin is the front office guy, it seems like Marrone leans on him for a lot of the administrative stuff and almost certainly picks his brain for scouting reports.

Makes sense. Marrone is a doofus and got fat since he left buffalo. Coglin is basically running this team.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 15 Jan 2018, 11:17

JichaelDick wrote:

Thank you, that was informative. I'm still not afraid of the alleged Coughlin mystique, but the narrative should be really fun.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby TVF wannabe » 15 Jan 2018, 11:19

JichaelDick wrote:

A lot of the local beat guys that were in Pitt yesterday were commenting on Coughlin watching the game from the press box and not being happy with the Jags play after the early lead. The comments started before it got close.
Coughlin is a micro manager type.

ETA: Agree with Wolf that even if he's a mentor he isn't the coach
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby ctz31 » 15 Jan 2018, 11:33

Fat marrone has a river boat ron feel to him this year tbf. he has been such a pussy coach for years, and now back to back weeks he's been aggressive going for it on 4th and goal. I hope he doesn't turtle in the face of the GOAT the hoody next week. This game is going to be nauseating. Brady already is afraid to throw downfield and now he his facing real big boy corners, so it's going to be dump dump dump for 3 hours. Pick plays galore. jesus christ it better be nice weather in st. pete.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Jan 2018, 12:47

You need therapy.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Jan 2018, 13:17

ctz31 wrote:Fat marrone has a river boat ron feel to him this year tbf. he has been such a pussy coach for years, and now back to back weeks he's been aggressive going for it on 4th and goal. I hope he doesn't turtle in the face of the GOAT the hoody next week. This game is going to be nauseating. Brady already is afraid to throw downfield and now he his facing real big boy corners, so it's going to be dump dump dump for 3 hours. Pick plays galore. jesus christ it better be nice weather in st. pete.

I could have sworn I just saw the Jaguars give up 6 TD's and over 500 yards through the air. Let's not act like their D is impregnable.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 15 Jan 2018, 14:54

Gregs Kite wrote:You need therapy.

He really does.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby ctz31 » 15 Jan 2018, 15:06

ctz31
#nnf

Postby CourtesyFlush » 16 Jan 2018, 09:05

So if the Jags win the Superb Owl will they still be forced to go to London every year? They'd become part of the NFL's glitterati after all.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 16 Jan 2018, 09:21

CourtesyFlush wrote:So if the Jags win the Superb Owl will they still be forced to go to London every year? They'd become part of the NFL's glitterati after all.

I think they'd be placed in the Superb Owl Winners - Non Glitterati group with Tampa, the Ravens, Saints, Skins, Bears, and Raiders.

Oh and the Dolphins. I forgot about 1673/74.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to NFL