NFL Referees

Re: NFL Referees

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 06 Jan 2015, 13:04

MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: NFL Referees

Postby mister bacon » 06 Jan 2015, 13:43

nice to see some consistency in his poor judgment.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26890
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: NFL Referees

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Apr 2015, 10:53

Just hired their first LAYYYYYYYY-dee ref.

Image

Duh. WOULD.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24501
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: NFL Referees

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Apr 2015, 13:48

does she have the ear thingy pierced? what is that called? the piece of cartilage/skin that sticks out in front of your ear hole.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 30422
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: NFL Referees

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Oct 2015, 08:34

The ref uniform works for me:

Image
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31446
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: NFL Referees

Postby CourtesyFlush » 30 Nov 2015, 08:02

I enjoy whenever CBS has to go to Mike Carey for a review and explanation. It was especially fun yesterday when Nantz was the only one right about the Wheaton (non) catch.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14874
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: NFL Referees

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Nov 2015, 10:22

CourtesyFlush wrote:I enjoy whenever CBS has to go to Mike Carey for a review and explanation. It was especially fun yesterday when Nantz was the only one right about the Wheaton (non) catch.


The best part of that exchange was Nantz and Simms both saying it was not a catch and Carey saying, "I agree with you guys: it was a catch."
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18657
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: NFL Referees

Postby TVF wannabe » 30 Nov 2015, 10:26

They have no clue what is a catch obv but they have no clue what anything else is either, it's getting crazy.

The Steratore article by Peter King highlighted the main issue, nothing hurts the refs grades more than a missed PI/roughness and borderline calls are ok, every play can have some gray area so boom, flag and they're safe.
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5530
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: NFL Referees

Postby SouthernYokel » 30 Nov 2015, 10:28

Colonel Angus wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:I enjoy whenever CBS has to go to Mike Carey for a review and explanation. It was especially fun yesterday when Nantz was the only one right about the Wheaton (non) catch.


The best part of that exchange was Nantz and Simms both saying it was not a catch and Carey saying, "I agree with you guys: it was a catch."


i liked when he said it was a catch and THEN saw the video and said "oh i didn't see that, that is not a catch." This is exactly how i assume the refs do their review process, by not actually watching the video.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 30422
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: NFL Referees

Postby TVF wannabe » 30 Nov 2015, 10:39

SouthernYokel wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:I enjoy whenever CBS has to go to Mike Carey for a review and explanation. It was especially fun yesterday when Nantz was the only one right about the Wheaton (non) catch.


The best part of that exchange was Nantz and Simms both saying it was not a catch and Carey saying, "I agree with you guys: it was a catch."


i liked when he said it was a catch and THEN saw the video and said "oh i didn't see that, that is not a catch." This is exactly how i assume the refs do their review process, by not actually watching the video.


If the only way something isn't a catch is the 9th super slo-mo, then it's a catch.
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5530
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: NFL Referees

Postby SouthernYokel » 30 Nov 2015, 10:47

TVF wannabe wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:I enjoy whenever CBS has to go to Mike Carey for a review and explanation. It was especially fun yesterday when Nantz was the only one right about the Wheaton (non) catch.


The best part of that exchange was Nantz and Simms both saying it was not a catch and Carey saying, "I agree with you guys: it was a catch."


i liked when he said it was a catch and THEN saw the video and said "oh i didn't see that, that is not a catch." This is exactly how i assume the refs do their review process, by not actually watching the video.


If the only way something isn't a catch is the 9th super slo-mo, then it's a catch.


well sure except this was just a regular video that clearly showed the drop and he just hadn't watched it before commenting.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 30422
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: NFL Referees

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Dec 2015, 10:55

Pete Morelli's crew fucked up so bad in Cards/Niners game they were pulled from the Colts/Steelers Sunday Night game.

And what game were they reassigned to?


Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Patriots vs Eagles
Sunday, December 6, 4:25 PM on FOX
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts


:thumbsup:
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24501
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: NFL Referees

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Dec 2015, 10:57

Gregs Kite wrote:Pete Morelli's crew fucked up so bad in Cards/Niners game they were pulled from the Colts/Steelers Sunday Night game.

And what game were they reassigned to?


Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Patriots vs Eagles
Sunday, December 6, 4:25 PM on FOX
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts


:thumbsup:


i think you guys will be ok playing the eagles with a referee handicap. brady just needs to play up to matt stafford's high standards, which is a challenge i know
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 30422
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: NFL Referees

Postby mj3528 » 01 Dec 2015, 11:04

SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Pete Morelli's crew fucked up so bad in Cards/Niners game they were pulled from the Colts/Steelers Sunday Night game.

And what game were they reassigned to?


Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Patriots vs Eagles
Sunday, December 6, 4:25 PM on FOX
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts


:thumbsup:


i think you guys will be ok playing the eagles with a referee handicap. brady just needs to play up to matt stafford's high standards, which is a challenge i know


that crew probably doesn't know the pick rules for offensive pass interference. probably won't measure the balls like they are supposed to as well. Tommy will have his balls light and fluffy the way he likes them.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9804
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: NFL Referees

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Dec 2015, 11:07

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Pete Morelli's crew fucked up so bad in Cards/Niners game they were pulled from the Colts/Steelers Sunday Night game.

And what game were they reassigned to?


Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Patriots vs Eagles
Sunday, December 6, 4:25 PM on FOX
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts


:thumbsup:


i think you guys will be ok playing the eagles with a referee handicap. brady just needs to play up to matt stafford's high standards, which is a challenge i know


that crew probably doesn't know the pick rules for offensive pass interference. probably won't measure the balls like they are supposed to as well. Tommy will have his balls light and fluffy the way he likes them.


Good point, Lurch.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24501
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest