Brady or Manning

Tom Brady
33%
Peyton Manning
67%

Total votes : 30

Who's Better: Brady or RECTUM

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 20 Dec 2010, 08:17

And by our sins, I mean Tom Brady having fewer MVP trophies than Manning and our collective to desire to add a new twist to the endlessly entertaining debate about who is better.

this probably should have been made into a thread years ago. i voted for Brady, Manning has on average had better talent to work with, plus he's had the same offensive coordinator for many years. obviously there's no definitive answer but i'm curious to see what the vote is. please keep the irrational boston hatred to the baseball threads, TY.
Last edited by Dr Jeckyll on 20 Dec 2010, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Re: Who's Better: Brady or Manning

Postby Theny » 20 Dec 2010, 08:37

You need to change the name of this thread to Brady or RECTUM. That's manning name here (speaking of irrational hate).

Sanchize smokes both of these clowns anyways.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Re: Who's Better: Brady or Manning

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 20 Dec 2010, 08:38

Theny wrote:You need to change the name of this thread to Brady or RECTUM. That's manning name here (speaking of irrational hate).

who am i to refuse a request from a HOFer?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Re: Who's Better: Brady or RECTUM

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Dec 2010, 10:30

Pretty good timing for this thread, I just read that after yesterday's games, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning now have identical career passer ratings (94.9 for those that care, tied for 5th all time behind Rivers, Rodgers, Steve Young, and Romo, which illustrates the worthlessness of the stat, but still).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TVF wannabe » 20 Dec 2010, 10:32

Brady has had much better coaching imo and for the most part a better line. I like Manning better
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Dec 2010, 10:36

TVF wannabe wrote:Brady has had much better coaching imo and for the most part a better line. I like Manning better

Even with the better coaching I still like this math:

3 > 1

And if not for Bob Sanders returning at the end of the 2006 season the Colts don't even make the Super Bowl.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Dec 2010, 10:38

Briandean79 wrote:Pretty good timing for this thread, I just read that after yesterday's games, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning now have identical career passer ratings (94.9 for those that care, tied for 5th all time behind Rivers, Rodgers, Steve Young, and Romo, which illustrates the worthlessness of the stat, but still).

I think it illustrates the changes in the game more than the worthlessness of the stat.

I vote Manning, only because Billy Joe Tolliver wasn't an option.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Dec 2010, 10:41

CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:Brady has had much better coaching imo and for the most part a better line. I like Manning better

3 > 1

And if not for Bob Sanders returning at the end of the 2006 season the Colts don't even make the Super Bowl.

So...Trent Dilfer's a better QB than Dan Marino?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 20 Dec 2010, 10:44

JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

3 > 1

Not to mention the absurd bit of misdirection with Bob Sanders. What does the injury status of a safety have to do with Manning's ability? Aren't there a million hypothetical injury scenarios which could have de-railed the Pats 3 titles?

I'm going with Manning. He's basically been coaching that offense for 6 years and he continues to get it done with zero running game, and an ever-diminishing o-line and receiving corps.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Dec 2010, 10:50

i didn't vote. they're both good. Brady's had a better season this year obviously. If we're talking about over the spectrum of their entire career and not who's better right now, i think i give manning an edge. But in the future Brady probably has 3-5 years after Manning retires to catch up statistically.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Dec 2010, 10:51

JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

3 > 1

Obviously there's more to it than just total # of rings, but if you say their stats are similar (passer rating in this case) then the tiebreaker would be rings. But given the talent Brady has had to work with versus what Manning's had around him (3 future Hall of Famers in Clark, Harrison, and Wayne) I'll take Brady in a crucial game over Manning. Both will end up being in the top 10 of all time NFL players, but Brady's my choice given his big game experience.

Dthefritz wrote:Not to mention the absurd bit of misdirection with Bob Sanders. What does the injury status of a safety have to do with Manning's ability? Aren't there a million hypothetical injury scenarios which could have de-railed the Pats 3 titles?

I'm going with Manning. He's basically been coaching that offense for 6 years and he continues to get it done with zero running game, and an ever-diminishing o-line and receiving corps.

It was apparent Sanders was the difference to their defense while he was out that season. Without him their run defense was putrid (and still suffers to an extent). The Colts defense is best when they can get pressure from Freeney and Mathis up front and allow Sanders to freelance.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Dec 2010, 10:52

CourtesyFlush wrote:It was apparent Sanders was the difference to their defense while he was out that season. Without him their run defense was putrid (and still suffers to an extent). The Colts defense is best when they can get pressure from Freeney and Mathis up front and allow Sanders to freelance.

that still has nothing to do with manning's quarterback play. you should say "yeah, nevermind."
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Dec 2010, 10:54

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:It was apparent Sanders was the difference to their defense while he was out that season. Without him their run defense was putrid (and still suffers to an extent). The Colts defense is best when they can get pressure from Freeney and Mathis up front and allow Sanders to freelance.

that still has nothing to do with manning's quarterback play. you should say "yeah, nevermind."

Ok I will. Yeah, nevermind. Plus it's a fight with DTF I will inevitably lose because I get tired after typing too many words. His word stamina is matched only by Long Dick's.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Dec 2010, 10:55

I'd buy the argument that Sanders was the reason the Colts made the Super Bowl in 2006-07. In fact, Manning sucked in 3 of the 4 playoff games that year. BUT--the one game that helped him get over the "sucks in the big game" stigma was the win over New England in the AFC Championship Game, where he eviscerated the Pats' D in about 9 seconds and led to the greatest Shoutbox night in SOTSG history.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Dec 2010, 10:57

CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Ok I will. Yeah, nevermind. Plus it's a fight with DTF I will inevitably lose because I get tired after typing too many words. His word stamina is matched only by Long Dick's.

it's ok, the straw man argument is a staple of internets debate. DTF uses it to attack Rondo. You just didn't disguise yours well enough. We need to pull together some cash and send you to the Beck/Olbermann school of debate and you'll be gold.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Next

Return to NFL