Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby mister bacon » 11 Jan 2017, 11:40

JT99 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I thought this was really well written and very fair. I'm sure that view won't be shared by all here.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1844 ... yreek-hill


Yep, well-written and very fair.

The question to answer, imo, is summed up here...

That doesn't seem right, or fair. But it would be equally unfair to wipe Hill's misdeeds from his record -- to pretend he can outrun his demons as swiftly as he shoots across our television screens. Hill's past is a permanent part of his story, and it should be mentioned every time his life and character are discussed. His efforts to redeem himself are also part of that story. Someday, they could become the most important part.


Is it wiping his misdeed off his record if it is not mentioned every time that he is praised? I'm not sure that there is a perfect middle ground in cases like these.



first let me say that y'all that i was bullshittin when i said mina kimes was bae. my baby is smart af, and a very talented writer. and stuff like this is why i love her shit. well thought out and holds herself accountable for what she herself thinks and sends us through her thought process. great stuff.

Image

anyway.. to your point UEM, i think that kimes is saying it should be mentioned every time his life and character are discussed. not every time he makes a great play or plays well in a game. but specifically talking about his life and shit.

i also want to say kudos to collinsworth for handling that shit like a boss when he called that game. and also kudos to gundy for getting off his ass, going to the police station and viewing the video himself. then kicking him off the team.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25563
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby JT99 » 11 Jan 2017, 11:47

mister bacon wrote:anyway.. to your point UEM, i think that kimes is saying it should be mentioned every time his life and character are discussed. not every time he makes a great play or plays well in a game. but specifically talking about his life and shit.

i also want to say kudos to collinsworth for handling that shit like a boss when he called that game. and also kudos to gundy for getting off his ass, going to the police station and viewing the video himself. then kicking him off the team.


Yes, I would agree that when discussing his character, it's fine if that is brought up, it is permanently a part of his journey. It is up to him if it becomes the headline or a footnote. That is a reasonable and sane take, imo.

The line gets crossed, again imo, when someone says that his character needs to be discussed when he returns a punt 80 yards for a score. Additionally, the line is crossed when someone notes that they don't give a damn about his character and it should never be discussed.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9107
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby mister bacon » 11 Jan 2017, 11:53

JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:anyway.. to your point UEM, i think that kimes is saying it should be mentioned every time his life and character are discussed. not every time he makes a great play or plays well in a game. but specifically talking about his life and shit.

i also want to say kudos to collinsworth for handling that shit like a boss when he called that game. and also kudos to gundy for getting off his ass, going to the police station and viewing the video himself. then kicking him off the team.


Yes, I would agree that when discussing his character, it's fine if that is brought up, it is permanently a part of his journey. It is up to him if it becomes the headline or a footnote. That is a reasonable and sane take, imo.

The line gets crossed, again imo, when someone says that his character needs to be discussed when he returns a punt 80 yards for a score. Additionally, the line is crossed when someone notes that they don't give a damn about his character and it should never be discussed.


i agree with that. i have been on both sides of this coin, representing guys who have been tyreke hill and women who have been abused by their significant others and i think this is prob the most nuanced thing i've ever read on the topic. and i don't mean just in sport but on abuses receiving second chances period. but no, i wouldn't expect it to get brought up every time hill touches the ball.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25563
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Jan 2017, 11:55

mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:anyway.. to your point UEM, i think that kimes is saying it should be mentioned every time his life and character are discussed. not every time he makes a great play or plays well in a game. but specifically talking about his life and shit.

i also want to say kudos to collinsworth for handling that shit like a boss when he called that game. and also kudos to gundy for getting off his ass, going to the police station and viewing the video himself. then kicking him off the team.


Yes, I would agree that when discussing his character, it's fine if that is brought up, it is permanently a part of his journey. It is up to him if it becomes the headline or a footnote. That is a reasonable and sane take, imo.

The line gets crossed, again imo, when someone says that his character needs to be discussed when he returns a punt 80 yards for a score. Additionally, the line is crossed when someone notes that they don't give a damn about his character and it should never be discussed.


i agree with that. i have been on both sides of this coin, representing guys who have been tyreke hill and women who have been abused by their significant others and i think this is prob the most nuanced thing i've ever read on the topic. and i don't mean just in sport but on abuses receiving second chances period. but no, i wouldn't expect it to get brought up every time hill touches the ball.


It's very much in line with what the majority of experts on domestic abuse believe. As I said, I thought it was excellent.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30153
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby PhillyJim76 » 16 Jan 2017, 07:08

Double digit win season. Check
Home playoff game. Check
Questionable end of game decisions. Check

https://youtu.be/2wYoLQc-x5g
It feels so good to be back.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Jan 2017, 08:29

In jdness, i only had a big problem with not onside kicking after the failed 2pt. If you dont get a 3 and out the game is over so why not also get the chance at a recovery? Otherwise, an unfortunate holding call is all that kept fat andy from failing in new and different ways in OT
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28890
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby TheWolf » 16 Jan 2017, 08:33

Agreed. I know they didn't give up a lot of points, but they weren't exactly racking up three and outs all night. Was there a person on the planet besides Andy who thought the Steelers couldn't run out the clock there?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 16938
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby JichaelDick » 16 Jan 2017, 08:50

It's annoying. "I'm showing confidence in the defense!" You realize Bell ran for like 457 yards, right?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25361
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby PhillyJim76 » 16 Jan 2017, 09:55

It's what he does.

Read the link and sub out Leveon for Deuce


https://www.phillysportpast.com/event/e ... -vs-saints
It feels so good to be back.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Jan 2017, 10:14

PhillyJim76 wrote:It's what he does.

Read the link and sub out Leveon for Deuce


https://www.phillysportpast.com/event/e ... -vs-saints

Do you remember all the playoff games that Doug and Chip blew? Also, it wasn't a hold. Ask MTM.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 29986
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Great googily-moogily! (The KFC Chefs)

Postby PhillyJim76 » 16 Jan 2017, 10:32

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:It's what he does.

Read the link and sub out Leveon for Deuce


https://www.phillysportpast.com/event/e ... -vs-saints

Do you remember all the playoff games that Doug and Chip blew? Also, it wasn't a hold. Ask MTM.


Deflections.
Anything that happened to the Eagles after he left is no reflection on Andy.
Also, it clearly was a hold. I get his point that it could be called every play, but without the hold Harrison could have gotten Smith.
It feels so good to be back.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Previous

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest