Cleveland Browns

Re: Cleveland Browns

Postby Theny » 04 Jan 2018, 18:43

Browns could draft the second coming of Dan Marino and it wouldn't matter. Same goes for like a third of the league.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Jew Jitsu » 04 Jan 2018, 20:55

Theny wrote:Browns could draft the second coming of Dan Marino and it wouldn't matter. Same goes for like a third of the league.

He wouldn't lead us to a ring just like the original couldn't?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby ctz31 » 04 Jan 2018, 21:22

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I think the hopeful side of Darnold is that he has the physical tools and I've seen some talk here and there that the USC coaching staff is secret garbage when it comes to developing a QB.

I could see that.

Honestly, QB is the worst. I was right about Teddy - yay? I was wrong about Matt Ryan. I was right about Watson. I was wrong about uh, Johnny? There's so much bullshit with QBs. I called Russell actually. And Phil! But not Eli. And I was pleased as punch the Vikes got Daunte... yay?

Make a good team first.
We overrate QBs.

You can say we overrate QB if your intent is to someday be a playoff contender. If your goal is to someday win a super bowl i disagree.

Russell Wilson was 3rd rd pick. LORD KNOEZ ABOUT TOM. Brad Johnson? Hostetler?

IT'S THE ULTIMATE TEAM SPORT but oh shit you better have a QB blow me

Mark Rypien ( :sniff: ), Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Eli twice, Russell bitch-made Wilson, all jokers, and Sexy Rexy, Kaep, Collins, DELHOMME, Stan Humphries, McNabb, Matt Ryan, all made super bowls

First of all, a few of those guys you listed will probably end up in the hall of fame, but that's neither here nor there. You can cherry pick some names, and i can too if i want. I can say that like 80% of the superbowl quarterbacks in the last decade have been top of the league elite. I can point out that the 49ers were a top 3 worst team in the league, and then got a guy and won their last 6 games or some such. I can point out that houston was dreadful, and then got a guy, and then they weren't until he got hurt, and then they were again. I can point out how peyton manning won 14 games a year, and then got hurt once, and his team went winless. I can point out how tom brady almost won a superbowl and then got hurt a....oh nevermind on that one. I can point out that Aaron Rodgers has been in the playoffs his entire career, and won superbowls, and then got hurt, and the packers were dreadful. I can point out that MTM has only sniffed a superbowl in the last what 15 years, the one year he had a hall of famer. This is where you point out that there are only like 5 of these guys in the league and then i say so what? Does that mean cleveland shouldn't try and find the next one? Or should they trade for tyrod taylor, and maybe one year, if all the chips fall right, and the AFC is a dumpster fire, they can make the wildcard round.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Jan 2018, 21:26

Aaron Rodgers won super bowls.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby ctz31 » 04 Jan 2018, 21:39

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Aaron Rodgers won super bowls.

My b I thought he had two for some reason. I just read an article that Micah Hyde has never missed the playoffs. And now I'm in. He must be the reason for all of gb success. Cleveland should grab a safety at 1.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Jan 2018, 21:40

ctz31 wrote:

My b I thought he had two for some reason. I just read an article that Micah Hyde has never missed the playoffs. And now I'm in. He must be the reason for all of gb success. Cleveland should grab a safety at 1.

Depends on the safety.

BPA, nigga.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Jan 2018, 21:42

ctz31 wrote:

Depends on the safety.

BPA, nigga.

Hahahaha I would laugh at any team who spent a high first round draft pick on a sa....oh shit.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Jan 2018, 21:43

I’m hearing rumors that Cleveland is leaning Rosen at 1.

And then either Darnold or that other top QB at 4, whichever one is there.

Bold. As fuck.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Jan 2018, 21:44

Dthefritz wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

Depends on the safety.

BPA, nigga.

Hahahaha I would laugh at any team who spent a high first round draft pick on a sa....oh shit.

Honestly I was just waiting for someone to mention when Rodgers was picked.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 04 Jan 2018, 21:44

Jew Jitsu wrote:Cheese get the fuck out of this thread you moron.

Now: I am all for taking a QB #1, enough is enough. No i don't expect a hall of famer, shit I don't even see a pro-bowler in our cards but a top 15 QB would do it for me. Average is fine as long as he (or she) doesn't miss time and doesn't make stupid mistakes. I'm against letting the QB fall to 4 because I want these morons to do their job and pick the one they think is best. If they fail, they fail. As for #4 I'm down to swindle buffalo for like the sixth year in a row and have them move up for a bust while we collect 5-8 prime draft choices.

How have all those swindled picks worked out so far?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Jan 2018, 21:47

Dthefritz wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

Depends on the safety.

BPA, nigga.

Honestly I was just waiting for someone to mention when Rodgers was picked.

Can't you just let me shoehorn my Jets misery in peace? Jeez louise!

But yes, you make a point.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 Jan 2018, 22:59

i would want nothing to do with rosen. i like the idea of bpa at 1 and charles barkley at 4, if he's still there, then finding a decent QB FA. but even if they have 8 zillion in cap space, you need that FA to be good and you need them to want to sign with you. don't know if either of those work. and drafting BPA at 1 and 4 then trying to strike QB lightning in round 2 or 3 sounds nice but that's what they tried with Kizer. so basically i have no point.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 04 Jan 2018, 23:53

Rodney Farva wrote:i would want nothing to do with rosen. i like the idea of bpa at 1 and charles barkley at 4, if he's still there, then finding a decent QB FA. but even if they have 8 zillion in cap space, you need that FA to be good and you need them to want to sign with you. don't know if either of those work. and drafting BPA at 1 and 4 then trying to strike QB lightning in round 2 or 3 sounds nice but that's what they tried with Kizer. so basically i have no point.

Anti-Semite.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Previous

Return to NFL