The Cleveland Browns

Re: The Cleveland Browns

Postby mj3528 » 19 Apr 2017, 14:51

This is old, but is a good read on being a Browns fan. I identify with a lot of it:

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/what-can-browns-do-for-you/

This was a cool story:

It wasn’t OK. Let’s leave it at that. That painful exchange with Mike Junkin left quite a few scars, some which I still carry around with me. But, for the purposes of this piece, the point is, I stopped being a crazy Cleveland Browns fan on that exact day. Oh, I remained a Browns fan. While standing in the red cloud of embarrassment after being dressed down by Mike Junkin, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life: Browns tight end and legend Ozzie Newsome had seen the exchange, and he kindly walked over to answer any questions I might have. This is only one of the many reasons that Ozzie Newsome is of the five greatest human beings of the 20th Century.

I loved Ozzie Newsome. Still pains me that he works for the Ravens. It is not right.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Rodney Farva » 19 Apr 2017, 22:15

mj3528 wrote:This is old, but is a good read on being a Browns fan. I identify with a lot of it:

This was a cool story:

It wasn’t OK. Let’s leave it at that. That painful exchange with Mike Junkin left quite a few scars, some which I still carry around with me. But, for the purposes of this piece, the point is, I stopped being a crazy Cleveland Browns fan on that exact day. Oh, I remained a Browns fan. While standing in the red cloud of embarrassment after being dressed down by Mike Junkin, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life: Browns tight end and legend Ozzie Newsome had seen the exchange, and he kindly walked over to answer any questions I might have. This is only one of the many reasons that Ozzie Newsome is of the five greatest human beings of the 20th Century.

I loved Ozzie Newsome. Still pains me that he works for the Ravens. It is not right.

now i have learned that BAE is an acronym and not an infantilization of the word 'baby'. huh. thanks, joe pos!
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby ctz31 » 20 Apr 2017, 07:13

mj3528 wrote:This is old, but is a good read on being a Browns fan. I identify with a lot of it:

This was a cool story:

I haven't read the article yet, but how bad to we son the GOAT for ruining our franchise with his 11-5 playoff game victory season?
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Apr 2017, 07:51

Posnanski is on board with even Belichick's genius not being enough to save the Browns.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:21

ctz31 wrote:

This was a cool story:

I haven't read the article yet, but how bad to we son the GOAT for ruining our franchise with his 11-5 playoff game victory season?

The article does not mention Coach Bill.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Previous

Return to NFL