Cleveland Browns

Re: The Cleveland Browns

Postby mj3528 » 19 Apr 2017, 14:51

This is old, but is a good read on being a Browns fan. I identify with a lot of it:

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/what-can-browns-do-for-you/

This was a cool story:

It wasn’t OK. Let’s leave it at that. That painful exchange with Mike Junkin left quite a few scars, some which I still carry around with me. But, for the purposes of this piece, the point is, I stopped being a crazy Cleveland Browns fan on that exact day. Oh, I remained a Browns fan. While standing in the red cloud of embarrassment after being dressed down by Mike Junkin, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life: Browns tight end and legend Ozzie Newsome had seen the exchange, and he kindly walked over to answer any questions I might have. This is only one of the many reasons that Ozzie Newsome is of the five greatest human beings of the 20th Century.

I loved Ozzie Newsome. Still pains me that he works for the Ravens. It is not right.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Rodney Farva » 19 Apr 2017, 22:15

mj3528 wrote:This is old, but is a good read on being a Browns fan. I identify with a lot of it:

This was a cool story:

It wasn’t OK. Let’s leave it at that. That painful exchange with Mike Junkin left quite a few scars, some which I still carry around with me. But, for the purposes of this piece, the point is, I stopped being a crazy Cleveland Browns fan on that exact day. Oh, I remained a Browns fan. While standing in the red cloud of embarrassment after being dressed down by Mike Junkin, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life: Browns tight end and legend Ozzie Newsome had seen the exchange, and he kindly walked over to answer any questions I might have. This is only one of the many reasons that Ozzie Newsome is of the five greatest human beings of the 20th Century.

I loved Ozzie Newsome. Still pains me that he works for the Ravens. It is not right.

now i have learned that BAE is an acronym and not an infantilization of the word 'baby'. huh. thanks, joe pos!
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby ctz31 » 20 Apr 2017, 07:13

mj3528 wrote:This is old, but is a good read on being a Browns fan. I identify with a lot of it:

This was a cool story:

I haven't read the article yet, but how bad to we son the GOAT for ruining our franchise with his 11-5 playoff game victory season?
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Apr 2017, 07:51

Posnanski is on board with even Belichick's genius not being enough to save the Browns.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:21

ctz31 wrote:

This was a cool story:

I haven't read the article yet, but how bad to we son the GOAT for ruining our franchise with his 11-5 playoff game victory season?

The article does not mention Coach Bill.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 28 Apr 2017, 17:26

I draft a TE from Da U, and then plan to cut Gary Barnidge. I am not sure why I am releasing Barnidge. Seems like I could use both of these players. #factoryofsadness
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 28 Apr 2017, 18:09

mj3528 wrote:I draft a TE from Da U, and then plan to cut Gary Barnidge. I am not sure why I am releasing Barnidge. Seems like I could use both of these players. #factoryofsadness

COACH bill should sign him. He could do a serviceable Gronk impression after Gronk's next season ending surgery.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Apr 2017, 21:14

TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:I draft a TE from Da U, and then plan to cut Gary Barnidge. I am not sure why I am releasing Barnidge. Seems like I could use both of these players. #factoryofsadness

COACH bill should sign him. He could do a serviceable Gronk impression after Gronk's next season ending surgery.

No he can't. Barnidge? More like garbage.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Theny » 29 Apr 2017, 09:09

Njoku is gonna be awesome. Best TE I've seen at The U since....Jimmy Graham? He was more impressive to me than Graham.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Jew Jitsu » 29 Apr 2017, 16:00

Theny wrote:

Njoku is gonna be awesome. Best TE I've seen at The U since....Jimmy Graham? He was more impressive to me than Graham.

Nice. Another home run by the front office. Turned 1, 12, 33, and 108 into Garrett, peppers, njoku and a future first. Thank god Stern is not the commissioner to void this for "basketball reasons"
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Jew Jitsu » 29 Apr 2017, 16:12

Browns fans are the fucking dumbest. Everyone around here spent the past day on their high horse because the Bengals picked Mixon and how they're a "match made in heaven" and "it figures the Bungles would take him" etc. you know, typical trash mouth breathers spew. fast forward to now and I guess we got some dude that whooped his gf's ass and everyone is like "innocent until proven guilty" and "you don't know all the facts"! Shocker they did a 180 in 12 hours time. I hope they close the remaining big three factories down and everyone ends up homeless.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 29 Apr 2017, 20:53

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Theny wrote:

Nice. Another home run by the front office. Turned 1, 12, 33, and 108 into Garrett, peppers, njoku and a future first. Thank god Stern is not the commissioner to void this for "basketball reasons"

I didn't realize they got Peppers too. That is a ridiculous 1st round.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 29 Apr 2017, 23:09

Jew Jitsu wrote:Browns fans are the fucking dumbest. Everyone around here spent the past day on their high horse because the Bengals picked Mixon and how they're a "match made in heaven" and "it figures the Bungles would take him" etc. you know, typical trash mouth breathers spew. fast forward to now and I guess we got some dude that whooped his gf's ass and everyone is like "innocent until proven guilty" and "you don't know all the facts"! Shocker they did a 180 in 12 hours time. I hope they close the remaining big three factories down and everyone ends up homeless.

Underrated post. Football fans. We're the worst.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 11 May 2017, 11:12

From SOTSGer Awful Announcing, Cleveland sports radio host fired for saying bad things about Jabril Peppers and Joe Thomas:

http://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/espn-850-clevelands-sabrina-parr-says-jabrill-peppers-lean-molly.html

she has a colorful history:

Sabrina Parr has gotten herself involved in yet another controversy around the Cleveland Browns, and this time it involves Jabrill Peppers. Parr is a long-time contributor to ESPN 850 Cleveland who gave an eyewitness account of Braylon Edwards’ 2009 fight with a friend of LeBron James, claimed ex-boyfriend Brandon McDonald (then with the Browns, now in the CFL) assaulted her in 2010, and was convicted of felonious assault and domestic violence against her husband in 2015 (that verdict was later overturned by a higher court thanks to improper sentencing instructions)

mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 11 May 2017, 11:45

mj3528 wrote:she has a colorful history

Das raycess.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"