ctz31's House O' Pain: The Official Buffalo Bills Thread

Re: ctz31's House O' Pain: The Official Buffalo Bills Thread

Postby the cheese » 24 Jan 2017, 10:30

Wait, you're trying to use statistics to convince a bunch of mook Bills fans to keep a negro quarterback? Really?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby ctz31 » 24 Jan 2017, 10:37

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Fine, get rid of Tyrod (and sign him Washington!)

Taylor ended the 2016 regular season with the 10th-best overall grade among all QBs, at 84.7. That’s higher than Alex Smith, Ben Roethlisberger, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton and—here is the big one—Dak Prescott. Last year, Taylor was seventh (88.3).

Now, Taylor doesn’t have the best offensive line in the game like Prescott, or a running back that has carried the ball 322 times at 5.0 yards per carry behind it, and they are very different QBs—but the difference in perception is notable.

Prescott is celebrated as the next great franchise QB in Dallas, and is keeping Tony Romo on the bench—a player it looked like Jerry Jones would ride until he functioned no more. Meanwhile, Taylor has a large and vocal section of his own supporters campaigning for his replacement. Obviously, Prescott is a rookie, so the situations are far from direct comparisons, but it’s worth appreciating where Taylor is in terms of PFF grading, which comes from watching and grading every snap each player takes, not just computing some complex formula of stats. Tape shows that Taylor is a lot better than many are giving him credit for.

But if you need more evidence than PFF’s say-so for Taylor’s play, it’s there. One of the most important facets of a QB’s play in today’s NFL is how he deals with pressure. League-wide, pressure causes a drop of 33.0 points in passer rating, and QBs are pressured on almost exactly one-third of all dropbacks (33.6 percent). In passer rating terms this season, that’s the equivalent of turning Tom Brady into Colin Kaepernick simply by applying pressure, or Matthew Stafford into Jared Goff, and it happens, on average, on a third of a QB’s dropbacks, typically.

Tyrod Taylor versus pressure in the 2016 NFL season

Not only does Taylor’s passer rating decline less than that of most players (14.3 points this season), but he has maintained a consistently-high passer rating when pressured over the past two seasons. This year, he recorded a passer rating of 80.1 when hurried; last season, it was 87.6. Those figures rank seventh and fifth in the league, respectively, and represent a QB that can still function at a high level when hurried and moved off his spot. If anything, they do him a disservice, because they don’t factor in the plays he makes when scrambling, which is a bigger weapon for Taylor than other QBs. He has over 550 rushing yards in each of the past two years, and each season, more than 400 of those have been on scrambles, adding four touchdowns to his tally over that span on passing plays where he took off to make a play on the ground.

Those numbers also combat the argument that Taylor has one of the league’s best run games to prop him up. He is adding 550-plus yards to that run game himself each season to make it look far better than it would with a less-mobile QB behind it. Buffalo has a league-leading 2,630 rushing yards this season, but Taylor accounts for 22.0 percent of them, and 23.3 percent of the team’s total in 2015.

So this guy doesn't watch the games either. Got it.

FTR i want to bring him back this year, more so because there are no other options, and unless we are planning to completely bottom out, which these guys are too pussy to do, i may as well enjoy a few plays throughout the year.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby ctz31 » 03 Feb 2017, 18:17

ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Feb 2017, 18:47

"On paper"??? What fucking paper???
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Feb 2017, 19:51

Frank the Tank wrote:

That's the girl I was obsessing over at Chillis today. So sexy!

I hope Nflo is plowing her.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 Feb 2017, 11:21

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

what?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Feb 2017, 11:46

Rodney Farva wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

what?

He made some comments in the Shoutbox about the young lady interviewing Tyrod (her name is Erin Coscarelli), calling her NFLO's girlfriend. That is the reference.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby ctz31 » 28 Feb 2017, 09:20

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/835906191595343872

Warren Sharp
‏ @SharpFootball
What McCoy did last year, factoring in everything from run freq to strength of sked to QB production, it was nothing short of incredible.

Oh but if only Tyrod had some weapons! Put him in Washington with Desean and oui oui garcon and watch him flourish!
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Feb 2017, 09:33

ctz31 wrote:https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/835906191595343872

Warren Sharp
‏ @SharpFootball
What McCoy did last year, factoring in everything from run freq to strength of sked to QB production, it was nothing short of incredible.

Oh but if only Tyrod had some weapons! Put him in Washington with Desean and oui oui garcon and watch him flourish!

Shady is a winner. Lotta playoff wins with him I assume? Thermal who?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ctz31 » 28 Feb 2017, 09:36

Warren Sharp
‏ @SharpFootball

Agree, lotta running backs out dere single handed picking up chips with zero help at quarterback. Feel ya fam.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Feb 2017, 10:27

ctz31 wrote:

Warren Sharp
‏ @SharpFootball

Agree, lotta running backs out dere single handed picking up chips with zero help at quarterback. Feel ya fam.

I am js, dude. Go back and review the Eagles thread during a work Bud Light Tall. You will find posts of mine stating that while possibly more talented than Brian Westbrook, Shady was never the winner he was. He was just an empty stat hound, imo.

Not that the Eagles dont miss him. I am js.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Feb 2017, 11:29

ctz31 wrote:

Warren Sharp
‏ @SharpFootball

I am js, dude. Go back and review the Eagles thread during a work Bud Light Tall. You will find posts of mine stating that while possibly more talented than Brian Westbrook, Shady was never the winner he was. He was just an empty stat hound, imo.

Not that the Eagles dont miss him. I am js.

Thermal who?

And agreed, Westbrook > Shady. Westbrook was the shit. Really helped make that overrated fat fuck McNabb look good.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » 05 Mar 2017, 21:30

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Mar 2017, 22:09

Mark Sanchez could air it out too. Doesn't prove anything.

Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby ctz31 » 05 Mar 2017, 22:57

Haha I don't even have to check. We lost like 75% of the games from those highlights. Good throws though negro.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

PreviousNext

Return to NFL