Just because I live here - the Arizona Cardinals thread

Re: Just because I live here - the Arizona Cardinals thread

Postby CourtesyFlush » 21 Jan 2016, 10:47

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:To take it away from the Rodgers fellating in the vortex, I was so happy to see a team bring a blitz against a hail mary. I loved seeing that, and against 90% of the QBs in the league, that's a sack or a throw that has no prayer of getting to the endzone. Possibly not the right call against Rodgers though.

Credit to Bruce Arians for sticking with his guns and being aggressive regardless of time/situation.

i believe the same bad things will happen to them blitzing Cam. we'll see. Hope Remmers doesn't shit himself, i assume they're going to try to come through his gap most often.

lol come through his gap

Who do you think they cover with Peterson? Olsen? Peterson covered KB13 in last year's playoff game. Cam might go after that guy Rodgers went after last weekend (Bethel).
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Jan 2016, 11:01

CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:To take it away from the Rodgers fellating in the vortex, I was so happy to see a team bring a blitz against a hail mary. I loved seeing that, and against 90% of the QBs in the league, that's a sack or a throw that has no prayer of getting to the endzone. Possibly not the right call against Rodgers though.

Credit to Bruce Arians for sticking with his guns and being aggressive regardless of time/situation.

i believe the same bad things will happen to them blitzing Cam. we'll see. Hope Remmers doesn't shit himself, i assume they're going to try to come through his gap most often.

lol come through his gap

Who do you think they cover with Peterson? Olsen? Peterson covered KB13 in last year's playoff game. Cam might go after that guy Rodgers went after last weekend (Bethel).

I hope they put Peterson on Olsen. I think that's a best case scenario. I don't think he's big enough to adequately stop what Olsen does best. I think they'll put him on Ginn initially. Might move him if Ginn doesn't show his legs are ok.

More terrifying is the CB/WR matchups on the other side. Norman never plays the slot. Which means Norman on Floyd (fine!), McClain on Brown (um...) and Finnegan on Fitzgerald (oh god).
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 21 Jan 2016, 11:05

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

lol come through his gap

I hope they put Peterson on Olsen. I think that's a best case scenario. I don't think he's big enough to adequately stop what Olsen does best. I think they'll put him on Ginn initially. Might move him if Ginn doesn't show his legs are ok.

More terrifying is the CB/WR matchups on the other side. Norman never plays the slot. Which means Norman on Floyd (fine!), McClain on Brown (um...) and Finnegan on Fitzgerald (oh god).

Yeah, the other side worries me greatly. We have to HOPE Palmer's issues from the Green Bay game (index finger, nerves, whatever) carry over to this game because Fitz is good enough to burn Finnegan and/or McClain. That's where having someone like Kuechly or TD or Shaq being able to cover so much ground in the middle of the field will help us.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Jan 2016, 15:07

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Feb 2016, 07:09

southyorkel wrote:Hope Remmers doesn't shit himself, i assume they're going to try to come through his gap most often.

lol come through his gap

Was 1 game early with this concern. Now im ready to predict draft picks. #1: a RT. #2: a CB. Repeat through round 7.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Jun 2016, 09:29

Apparently Amazon is doing a big thing with NFL Films about the Cardinals 2015 season, behind the scenes and whatnot. Looks like it could be really good.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Jul 2016, 15:50

Briandong79 wrote:Apparently Amazon is doing a big thing with NFL Films about the Cardinals 2015 season, behind the scenes and whatnot. Looks like it could be really good.

2 episodes in. It is, in fact, really good. Bruce Arians is hilarious.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 Jul 2016, 18:08

Intentionally or unintentionally hilarious?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Jul 2016, 07:55

Briandong79 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Apparently Amazon is doing a big thing with NFL Films about the Cardinals 2015 season, behind the scenes and whatnot. Looks like it could be really good.

i had only ever heard him talk during press conferences. he sounds really southern (and black) for a white guy born in Jersey. agreed he's pretty funny. he knows the right time to curse for maximum impact.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Jul 2016, 09:14

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

i had only ever heard him talk during press conferences. he sounds really southern (and black) for a white guy born in Jersey. agreed he's pretty funny. he knows the right time to curse for maximum impact.

Yeah, the southern accent thing gets me but he did play and coach down south for a long time so I guess it makes some sense. Still holds the VT QB single season rushing TD record above Vick.

Lots of likable guys on the team. Makes me want to jump on their bandwagon. I also find it funny (and maybe a little racist) that they use subtitles from time to time when Calais Campbell talks and they don't do it for anyone else.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Jul 2016, 10:46

Arians had a shockingly great Football Life episode on the NFL Network.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Aug 2016, 10:01

One episode to go, just the *spoiler alert* loss to the Panthers in the NFC championship. The NFC playoff game against the Packers is a great episode. I had somewhat forgotten what a crazy game that was. Again, strongly recommended.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Aug 2016, 20:55

Briandong79 wrote:One episode to go, just the *spoiler alert* loss to the Panthers in the NFC championship. The NFC playoff game against the Packers is a great episode. I had somewhat forgotten what a crazy game that was. Again, strongly recommended.

That game is just another classic reminder that a quarterback is solely responsible for the team's success or failure, especially in the playoffs. Rodgers had the presence to come through with a bullet 60 yard hail mary on the run under pressure in the dying seconds to send the game into overtime, sure. But did he have the clutchtangibles to prevent Arizona from getting the ball first in overtime and marching up the field? Did he even TRY to shoot lasers out of his eyes at Larry Fitzgerald on that final drive? Shameful. I would not allow him in my home or my church.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Oct 2016, 14:04

Drew Stanton starting on Thursday.

Only QB left from the 2007 Draft. Worsl QB draft class ever?

Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 06 Oct 2016, 09:17

Bill Simmons wrote:Stanton....Gabbert. Thursday night football on NBC!

actually i think he stopped making that joke awhile ago. Seems like the night games this year have been worse than normal, to me. The one tonight is particularly bad.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to NFL