Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby ctz31 » 28 Nov 2017, 11:34

Why the fuck would a coach, whose career and livelihood is directly linked to the quarterback he has playing for his team bench him because he's black, if he thought the black guy would give him a better chance to win? This is such a dumb discussion. Mcdermott thought he had a better chance to win a game they weren't if peyton in his prime was under center because their defense was playing so horrendously, and goose is right on savage/o'brien. It's that dumbass old school mentality.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 10174
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Nov 2017, 11:40

i think he figured Savage was good enough to go 2-2 in the first quarter of the season and then he could pop in Watson. i will give him benefit of the doubt on the "no freshmen" thing and assume he wanted to preserve Watson's health because a 16 game schedule against the best players in the world is a significant upgrade in difficulty from 13 games against tobacco road basketball schools.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 30423
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Nov 2017, 11:43

SouthernYokel wrote:i think he figured Savage was good enough to go 2-2 in the first quarter of the season and then he could pop in Watson. i will give him benefit of the doubt on the "no freshmen" thing and assume he wanted to preserve Watson's health because a 16 game schedule against the best players in the world is a significant upgrade in difficulty from 13 games against tobacco road basketball schools.


Goose wrote:I just think he's a shitty coach.


You're both right!
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby mister bacon » 28 Nov 2017, 12:21

ctz31 wrote:Why the fuck would a coach, whose career and livelihood is directly linked to the quarterback he has playing for his team bench him because he's black, if he thought the black guy would give him a better chance to win?



here's what I'm trying to say 31.

tyrod wouldn't have been benched if he were white, because white men are more likely to give other white men the benefit of the doubt. so it's not McDermott choosing Peterman because he's white, it's that McDermott saw the two of them play and was more likely to see more the faults in tyrod's game (like most bills fans) and overlook the signs Peterman sucked. there's been enough workplace studies done to prove this over and over again. "who gets the benefit of the doubt" type racism is much more difficult (and painful) to spot than overt Donald Sterling racism, but it's the type that has more of an effect on the day to day lives of people. i think after watching Peterman play there is no one on earth who could look at the two guys and think Peterman gave the bills a better chance to win.

tyrod got a shorter leash than Peterman did. Peterman threw more pics in one half of football than tyrod has this entire year. after Peterman threw pic number 3 that should have been obvious. that's what everyday racism looks like. broad deference for some, broad skepticism for others. it's subtle.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26899
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby mj3528 » 28 Nov 2017, 12:33

mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Why the fuck would a coach, whose career and livelihood is directly linked to the quarterback he has playing for his team bench him because he's black, if he thought the black guy would give him a better chance to win?



here's what I'm trying to say 31.

tyrod wouldn't have been benched if he were white, because white men are more likely to give other white men the benefit of the doubt. so it's not McDermott choosing Peterman because he's white, it's that McDermott saw the two of them play and was more likely to see more the faults in tyrod's game (like most bills fans) and overlook the signs Peterman sucked. there's been enough workplace studies done to prove this over and over again. "who gets the benefit of the doubt" type racism is much more difficult (and painful) to spot than overt Donald Sterling racism, but it's the type that has more of an effect on the day to day lives of people. i think after watching Peterman play there is no one on earth who could look at the two guys and think Peterman gave the bills a better chance to win.

tyrod got a shorter leash than Peterman did. Peterman threw more pics in one half of football than tyrod has this entire year. after Peterman threw pic number 3 that should have been obvious. that's what everyday racism looks like. broad deference for some, broad skepticism for others. it's subtle.


Here is what I think. McDermott did not think he could win consistently with Tyrod. So he thought it was better to try with someone else. He was unquestionably wrong that Peterman was that someone else. Also, we don't know how Tyrod interacts with the coaching staff and preparation. That could be a factor. Again, you and I do not know.

It is not like there is not precedent for this type of thinking. We can go back to when Alex Smith lost his job, which started with injury, but Harbaugh went with Kaep and the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. Many people thought that Smith was better at the time and was the safe choice, but Kaep had a higher upside. It was a risk that Harbaugh took that was correct in hindsight.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9807
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Nov 2017, 12:37

mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Why the fuck would a coach, whose career and livelihood is directly linked to the quarterback he has playing for his team bench him because he's black, if he thought the black guy would give him a better chance to win?



here's what I'm trying to say 31.

tyrod wouldn't have been benched if he were white, because white men are more likely to give other white men the benefit of the doubt. so it's not McDermott choosing Peterman because he's white, it's that McDermott saw the two of them play and was more likely to see more the faults in tyrod's game (like most bills fans) and overlook the signs Peterman sucked. there's been enough workplace studies done to prove this over and over again. "who gets the benefit of the doubt" type racism is much more difficult (and painful) to spot than overt Donald Sterling racism, but it's the type that has more of an effect on the day to day lives of people. i think after watching Peterman play there is no one on earth who could look at the two guys and think Peterman gave the bills a better chance to win.

tyrod got a shorter leash than Peterman did. Peterman threw more pics in one half of football than tyrod has this entire year. after Peterman threw pic number 3 that should have been obvious. that's what everyday racism looks like. broad deference for some, broad skepticism for others. it's subtle.


Here is what I think. McDermott did not think he could win consistently with Tyrod. So he thought it was better to try with someone else. He was unquestionably wrong that Peterman was that someone else. Also, we don't know how Tyrod interacts with the coaching staff and preparation. That could be a factor. Again, you and I do not know.

It is not like there is not precedent for this type of thinking. We can go back to when Alex Smith lost his job, which started with injury, but Harbaugh went with Kaep and the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. Many people thought that Smith was better at the time and was the safe choice, but Kaep had a higher upside. It was a risk that Harbaugh took that was correct in hindsight.



Yeah but Harbaugh is a good coach.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby ctz31 » 28 Nov 2017, 12:40

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Why the fuck would a coach, whose career and livelihood is directly linked to the quarterback he has playing for his team bench him because he's black, if he thought the black guy would give him a better chance to win?



here's what I'm trying to say 31.

tyrod wouldn't have been benched if he were white, because white men are more likely to give other white men the benefit of the doubt. so it's not McDermott choosing Peterman because he's white, it's that McDermott saw the two of them play and was more likely to see more the faults in tyrod's game (like most bills fans) and overlook the signs Peterman sucked. there's been enough workplace studies done to prove this over and over again. "who gets the benefit of the doubt" type racism is much more difficult (and painful) to spot than overt Donald Sterling racism, but it's the type that has more of an effect on the day to day lives of people. i think after watching Peterman play there is no one on earth who could look at the two guys and think Peterman gave the bills a better chance to win.

tyrod got a shorter leash than Peterman did. Peterman threw more pics in one half of football than tyrod has this entire year. after Peterman threw pic number 3 that should have been obvious. that's what everyday racism looks like. broad deference for some, broad skepticism for others. it's subtle.


Here is what I think. McDermott did not think he could win consistently with Tyrod. So he thought it was better to try with someone else. He was unquestionably wrong that Peterman was that someone else. Also, we don't know how Tyrod interacts with the coaching staff and preparation. That could be a factor. Again, you and I do not know.

It is not like there is not precedent for this type of thinking. We can go back to when Alex Smith lost his job, which started with injury, but Harbaugh went with Kaep and the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. Many people thought that Smith was better at the time and was the safe choice, but Kaep had a higher upside. It was a risk that Harbaugh took that was correct in hindsight.



Yeah but Harbaugh is a good coach.


Agree. McDermott has this talentless team of no good scrubs that were tanking the season /sotsg at 6-5 through 11 games. Fire him!
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 10174
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Nov 2017, 12:44

How about McDermott didn't want/feel he should tailor his offense to some of Tyrod's strengths and so went with the stiff he thought was a "better fit" because he's an #idiot. Like Jon Gruden refusing to start lefty QBs because how dare they throw off his perfectly crafted offensive schemes or how Jim Mora Jr. decided to make Michael Vick a fucking West Coast QB who should get the ball out of his hands in 1 second because that's what you want, for your most dangerous weapon on the field to not have the ball at all. I don't know what camp that/they fall under and the Shanahans were some snakes in the grass at times in Washington but at least they crafted the offense around RGIII's strengths (until he decided he didn't want to play to his own strengths.... #idiot). Kubiak didn't make Peyton run a hundred boot legs and roll outs in Denver. In conclusion, coaches are idiots if they think everyone should conform to their system instead of conforming their system to players' strengths (another example, making good man-to-man DBs like Revis play zone more or vice versa).
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12808
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby ctz31 » 28 Nov 2017, 12:46

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:How about McDermott didn't want/feel he should tailor his offense to some of Tyrod's strengths and so went with the stiff he thought was a "better fit" because he's an #idiot. Like Jon Gruden refusing to start lefty QBs because how dare they throw off his perfectly crafted offensive schemes or how Jim Mora Jr. decided to make Michael Vick a fucking West Coast QB who should get the ball out of his hands in 1 second because that's what you want, for your most dangerous weapon on the field to not have the ball at all. I don't know what camp that/they fall under and the Shanahans were some snakes in the grass at times in Washington but at least they crafted the offense around RGIII's strengths (until he decided he didn't want to play to his own strengths.... #idiot). Kubiak didn't make Peyton run a hundred boot legs and roll outs in Denver. In conclusion, coaches are idiots if they think everyone should conform to their system instead of conforming their system to players' strengths (another example, making good man-to-man DBs like Revis play zone more or vice versa).


We ain't in this for this season only. McDermott knows he need someone other than tyrod to win a chip so why waste time tayloring an offense to his game to try and get embarrassed in the wildcard round. He's building something. Trust the process.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 10174
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Nov 2017, 12:48

ctz31 wrote:Agree. McDermott has this talentless team of no good scrubs that were tanking the season /sotsg at 6-5 through 11 games. Fire him!


Good coaches bench their winning starting quarterbacks in the middle of a playoff race in a shitty conference on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years for fifth round rookie draft picks who couldn't cut it for Butch Jones, eh?


(Dude, you've had an out just sitting right there this whole time that you've never bothered to take: the front office made him do it. And it backfired so unbelievably that they let him start Tyrod again. It's right there, take it. Please. Your Bills takes are bleaching my eyes.)
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Nov 2017, 12:50

ctz31 wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:How about McDermott didn't want/feel he should tailor his offense to some of Tyrod's strengths and so went with the stiff he thought was a "better fit" because he's an #idiot. Like Jon Gruden refusing to start lefty QBs because how dare they throw off his perfectly crafted offensive schemes or how Jim Mora Jr. decided to make Michael Vick a fucking West Coast QB who should get the ball out of his hands in 1 second because that's what you want, for your most dangerous weapon on the field to not have the ball at all. I don't know what camp that/they fall under and the Shanahans were some snakes in the grass at times in Washington but at least they crafted the offense around RGIII's strengths (until he decided he didn't want to play to his own strengths.... #idiot). Kubiak didn't make Peyton run a hundred boot legs and roll outs in Denver. In conclusion, coaches are idiots if they think everyone should conform to their system instead of conforming their system to players' strengths (another example, making good man-to-man DBs like Revis play zone more or vice versa).


We ain't in this for this season only. McDermott knows he need someone other than tyrod to win a chip so why waste time tayloring an offense to his game to try and get embarrassed in the wildcard round. He's building something. Trust the process.

That gains the trust of players. "Hey guys, I'm NOT giving us the best chance to win this week or really this season but go out there and destroy your bodies anyway!"
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12808
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby mister bacon » 28 Nov 2017, 12:51

mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Why the fuck would a coach, whose career and livelihood is directly linked to the quarterback he has playing for his team bench him because he's black, if he thought the black guy would give him a better chance to win?



here's what I'm trying to say 31.

tyrod wouldn't have been benched if he were white, because white men are more likely to give other white men the benefit of the doubt. so it's not McDermott choosing Peterman because he's white, it's that McDermott saw the two of them play and was more likely to see more the faults in tyrod's game (like most bills fans) and overlook the signs Peterman sucked. there's been enough workplace studies done to prove this over and over again. "who gets the benefit of the doubt" type racism is much more difficult (and painful) to spot than overt Donald Sterling racism, but it's the type that has more of an effect on the day to day lives of people. i think after watching Peterman play there is no one on earth who could look at the two guys and think Peterman gave the bills a better chance to win.

tyrod got a shorter leash than Peterman did. Peterman threw more pics in one half of football than tyrod has this entire year. after Peterman threw pic number 3 that should have been obvious. that's what everyday racism looks like. broad deference for some, broad skepticism for others. it's subtle.


Here is what I think. McDermott did not think he could win consistently with Tyrod. So he thought it was better to try with someone else. He was unquestionably wrong that Peterman was that someone else. Also, we don't know how Tyrod interacts with the coaching staff and preparation. That could be a factor. Again, you and I do not know.

It is not like there is not precedent for this type of thinking. We can go back to when Alex Smith lost his job, which started with injury, but Harbaugh went with Kaep and the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. Many people thought that Smith was better at the time and was the safe choice, but Kaep had a higher upside. It was a risk that Harbaugh took that was correct in hindsight.


I see your point of view here but after the 3rd int no one on earth could possibly think Peterman gave them the best chance to win or even compete in that game. that's what I racism is, the ability to go out there and throw two more INTs after throwing three, and then people making excuses for your coaching staff letting you go out there to do it.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26899
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Nov 2017, 12:53

mister bacon wrote: that's what I racism is, the ability to go out there and throw two more INTs after throwing three, and then people making excuses for your coaching staff letting you go out there to do it.


You I racism is.

All right, Bray.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24523
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby ctz31 » 28 Nov 2017, 12:55

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Agree. McDermott has this talentless team of no good scrubs that were tanking the season /sotsg at 6-5 through 11 games. Fire him!


Good coaches bench their winning starting quarterbacks in the middle of a playoff race in a shitty conference on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years for fifth round rookie draft picks who couldn't cut it for Butch Jones, eh?


(Dude, you've had an out just sitting right there this whole time that you've never bothered to take: the front office made him do it. And it backfired so unbelievably that they let him start Tyrod again. It's right there, take it. Please. Your Bills takes are bleaching my eyes.)


I don't think the front office made him do anything, but i guess it's possible. I don't know man. Look at their games this season. If they have won, it has been because the defense has been utterly dominate. Kansas City had one first down in the first half the other day. And we won by 6. 17 TO's in the first 7 games. There have been games where the d has played very good and lost (carolina). And when the defense has been bad and we've needed to score points to even compete in a game and not be a total embarrassement, they have been total complete blowouts. I can't imagine why a coach wouldn't want to try something different at the most important position. It failed, whoops. Doesn't change where he has this team compared to where they are supposed to be. Hey look who is coming to town this week. I'm ready for that big boy game tyrod.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 10174
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby mj3528 » 28 Nov 2017, 13:05

mister bacon wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Why the fuck would a coach, whose career and livelihood is directly linked to the quarterback he has playing for his team bench him because he's black, if he thought the black guy would give him a better chance to win?



here's what I'm trying to say 31.

tyrod wouldn't have been benched if he were white, because white men are more likely to give other white men the benefit of the doubt. so it's not McDermott choosing Peterman because he's white, it's that McDermott saw the two of them play and was more likely to see more the faults in tyrod's game (like most bills fans) and overlook the signs Peterman sucked. there's been enough workplace studies done to prove this over and over again. "who gets the benefit of the doubt" type racism is much more difficult (and painful) to spot than overt Donald Sterling racism, but it's the type that has more of an effect on the day to day lives of people. i think after watching Peterman play there is no one on earth who could look at the two guys and think Peterman gave the bills a better chance to win.

tyrod got a shorter leash than Peterman did. Peterman threw more pics in one half of football than tyrod has this entire year. after Peterman threw pic number 3 that should have been obvious. that's what everyday racism looks like. broad deference for some, broad skepticism for others. it's subtle.


Here is what I think. McDermott did not think he could win consistently with Tyrod. So he thought it was better to try with someone else. He was unquestionably wrong that Peterman was that someone else. Also, we don't know how Tyrod interacts with the coaching staff and preparation. That could be a factor. Again, you and I do not know.

It is not like there is not precedent for this type of thinking. We can go back to when Alex Smith lost his job, which started with injury, but Harbaugh went with Kaep and the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. Many people thought that Smith was better at the time and was the safe choice, but Kaep had a higher upside. It was a risk that Harbaugh took that was correct in hindsight.


I see your point of view here but after the 3rd int no one on earth could possibly think Peterman gave them the best chance to win or even compete in that game. that's what I racism is, the ability to go out there and throw two more INTs after throwing three, and then people making excuses for your coaching staff letting you go out there to do it.


I think the move to Peterman was incorrect, and would not have made it. However, once the decision was made, they had to give him a long leash 3 INTS, 5INTs it didn't really matter.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9807
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

PreviousNext

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JT99 and 2 guests