Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Re: Playoff-Bound in '12: The Houston Texans Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Oct 2017, 08:39

mister bacon wrote:I applaud the growth you've shown this month in learning to take your Ls like a man. good practice for your wife's years of I told you sos coming down the pipe.

You could learn a thing or coupla three things about taking Ls after the beatings you've taken lately.

I'll be an adult and leave your family out of this. #growth
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Goose » 28 Nov 2017, 09:36

I watched a few minutes of that Texans-Ravens tilt last night. I can't imagine how crushed the spirit of that team is knowing that no matter how much effort they put into practice, how much film they watch, or how hard they play, their QB sucks and they're going to lose. I can see every player with a borderline injury deciding to go on IR as soon as possible.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Nov 2017, 09:43

Goose wrote:I watched a few minutes of that Texans-Ravens tilt last night. I can't imagine how crushed the spirit of that team is knowing that no matter how much effort they put into practice, how much film they watch, or how hard they play, their QB sucks and they're going to lose. I can see every player with a borderline injury deciding to go on IR as soon as possible.

And that was one of his good games.

Bill O'Brien - QB Guru.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Nov 2017, 09:44

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Goose wrote:I watched a few minutes of that Texans-Ravens tilt last night. I can't imagine how crushed the spirit of that team is knowing that no matter how much effort they put into practice, how much film they watch, or how hard they play, their QB sucks and they're going to lose. I can see every player with a borderline injury deciding to go on IR as soon as possible.

Bill O'Brien - QB Guru.

to be fair, what are you going to do with Tom Savage? Things were going pretty good with Deshawn (i could coach Deshawn)
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Nov 2017, 09:47

SouthernYokel wrote:

Bill O'Brien - QB Guru.

to be fair, what are you going to do with Tom Savage? Things were going pretty good with Deshawn (i could coach Deshawn)

that is fair.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » 28 Nov 2017, 11:03

SouthernYokel wrote:

Bill O'Brien - QB Guru.

how about not start him over deshaun Watson?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Nov 2017, 11:06

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Bill O'Brien - QB Guru.

No NFL team has started a veteran stiff ahead of a prized rookie to avoid ruining his career. Nope, never happens.

Now please, let us all have it about how O'Brien is racist. Wolf, pass the popcorn....and my white hood LOL.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Nov 2017, 11:08

That's a really weird way to take that discussion.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Nov 2017, 11:08

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Bill O'Brien - QB Guru.

i don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to let a rookie sit and watch a few games even if they are more talented than your broke ass starter. And he has an injury history so maybe starting 16 games is a bit dangerous (in retrospect, this is of course correct, but in August would be a conservative decision)
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Nov 2017, 11:09

MisterTambourineMan wrote:That's a really weird way to take that discussion.

Stop gargling his nuts, you know exactly where he was going with it.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 28 Nov 2017, 11:11

Have you read Bacon's posts before? If Tyrod Taylor got benched because he's black, then that's certainly the same reason Watson wasn't the Week 1 starter.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mister bacon » 28 Nov 2017, 11:12

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Bill O'Brien - QB Guru.

i don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to let a rookie sit and watch a few games even if they are more talented than your broke ass starter. And he has an injury history so maybe starting 16 games is a bit dangerous (in retrospect, this is of course correct, but in August would be a conservative decision)

right but then why did you go all the way thru training camp and then put him in for the 2nd half of the first game?

commit to the strategy or don't, qb guru.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mister bacon » 28 Nov 2017, 11:16

TheWolf wrote:

Have you read Bacon's posts before? If Tyrod Taylor got benched because he's black, then that's certainly the same reason Watson wasn't the Week 1 starter.

I didnt say he got benched for being black, I said he wouldn't have been benched if he were white.

nuance, son.

totally shocking of you guys to bring race into this discussion of deshaun then blame me for it tho.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby TheWolf » 28 Nov 2017, 11:19

mister bacon wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I didnt say he got benched for being black, I said he wouldn't have been benched if he were white.

nuance, son.

totally shocking of you guys to bring race into this discussion of deshaun then blame me for it tho.

To be fair, I didn't bring it up; I just agreed that it sounded like something you'd say.

That being said, I agree 100% with what you've said about Watson and Savage in this discussion. This was handled poorly from the start. It was probably irrelevant since he was destined to get hurt no matter what because we can't have nice things, but your analysis is accurate.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Goose » 28 Nov 2017, 11:28

TheWolf wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

nuance, son.

To be fair, I didn't bring it up; I just agreed that it sounded like something you'd say.

That being said, I agree 100% with what you've said about Watson and Savage in this discussion. This was handled poorly from the start. It was probably irrelevant since he was destined to get hurt no matter what because we can't have nice things, but your analysis is accurate.

I don't think that O'Brien is a racist. I just think he's a shitty coach. He likes to think of himself as one of those throwback coaches that won't play rookies or freshman until they've "earned" it. Then he put Savage on the field against real competition and he sucked so loud that he panicked and put Watson in for the second half.

As for the Tyrod/Peterman debacle I'm not sure what McDermott was thinking. Peterman is worse than Savage. I just know if I was Tyrod in that game I would've misplaced my helmet when they asked me to go in and relief that tire fire of a QB. As far as a racial component I'm not sure. It may have just been that Peterman was McDermott's guy. Who knows? Forget it Bake. It's Table-slamtown.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

PreviousNext

Return to NFL